Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Warning! Trinity NOW CVDs

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:32 AM
catbutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning! Trinity NOW CVDs

I wanted to warn other about my experience with Trinity CVDs for the NOW/NEXT. My friend and I each purchased a set of CVDs for the front drive-train of our NOW trucks. After installation I test drove my truck on our track and the CVD broke before I made 2 laps. Ball joint snapped clean in two. I was taking it slow and easy on the test run as well. Next my buddy took his for a test and his broke before he made ONE lap. Same place, ball joint, clean break. We then removed my one good CVD and put it together with my friends other good one and put them both in his rig. Another easy test run, another break in the SAME place before even one lap. Stay away from Trinity NOW/NEXT CVDs at all costs! I have never seen such a poor quality product that broke so quickly from use it was intended for. I plan on giving Trinity a call to have this sorted out and inform them of their piss poor product. You have been warned.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Warning! Trinity NOW CVDs

This is a main reason why people stay away from trinity's RC vehicles, Lack of aftermarket/ stock parts, If they do have parts its hard to get a hold of them... And quality control is another issue.
Amazing to hear that 3 broke in exactly the same spots.. If you have a camera toss up some pics.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
catbutt

Default RE: Warning! Trinity NOW CVDs

Understood about the lack of trinity vehicle parts/hop-ups availability. Ditto for the QC issues. I have found QC to be the week link in most/all RTRs, I simply hope these issues are looked into and addressed. So far I am fairly happy overall with my NOW, there is 1 or 2 areas that need work, but this again seems par for the course. I have an HPI MT2 nitro that took some TLC and time to work out the problems with the diffs stripping, but now it's fixed and I've never looked back. I hope to get similar results with the NOW given enough time. I wanted to add that I had contacted Trinity today about the CVDs and a few other small items. I spoke with a gentleman named Chad who was very helpful and sympathetic to my problems. We worked out a deal which he and I are both happy with and he wants me to send him the CVD so they can examine it and determine the cause of failure. Don't give up, in a month or two hopefully they will have a better quality CVD available. I will report back when/if my promised items arrive and how timely. Thus far I am happy with the customer service at Trinity and glad to report this to the RCuniverse readers.