Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

what would you like to see in a new mini???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what would you like to see in a new mini???

i like the idea of a problem free r/c, but you have to take into consideration of how much that cost. if all r/c were $500+ (just for 1/18) not even half the people would be able to afford the initail cost of the hobby. i think instead they should offer $75 rollers of every car so we don't double the cost on crappy electronics. think if they included a lipo and a good-not wall-charger, not only would it make the car cost A TON but they would also have to have all these other contracts with different companies. (castle creations, maxamps, spectrum/futaba/hitec, novak....ect) I would much rather just have roller of a car for like $75 that i could get all the components for it and build it my style. some companies are all ready do this but their kits cost WAY TO MUCH. almost all of associated's on road kits cost well into the 300 dollar mark and that's just not right considering you have to spend another 350 on electronics to be able to race it.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:28 PM
flipside7

true on the micro crawler, my gen 1 x mod i raised to 7 mm ground clearance, and it was verrry capeable at the local baseball diamond. its all the same when you keep it on scale.

mlst racer true dat!, losi has great vehicles, but they are riding this slider dt baja ram thing into the ground, hey losi, dont regurgitate ANOTHER one. just pick one, and make it better.

ppl are getting tired of losi's direct capitalism technique, i for one, a mini t and mini t pro owner/ fan, see a losi add, and look away, i'm not a kid anymore, they have nothing to offer with their current line up, and strategy. no improvement at all, if losi were a child, we'd be recieving money from the gov't, and the word retardation would be commonly used. lets just say, i have a couple losis, i don't do losi.

but yeah if they made one on the homie status, sure.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
rmoetken

yeah i agree with you losi is out wearing this wayyyyyy to much..but, i do see they're approach by having a mini of almost every 10th or 8th scale they have..other then that..blahhh i got 3 losi mini's and my girlfriend has the micro. other then that i got my rc18b that i drive the doors off cause idk. the quality of the mlst line just about sucks, my mini baja i hardly have any problems with. i agree with taking one and making it better..seriously!! edit: minus the fact that i snap my dogbones in my mlst and blew a diff everytime i drove it and stripped a servo or the servo gave out i love it. i think losi should be working on making the mlst line better or offer upgrades that can handle the abuse these brushless/modified motors can put out
Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM
dacaur

Why the losi bashing? losi has come out with two brand new vehichles, high roller and mini crawler, recently.. as for reguritating models, well the mini lst2 looks like a race machine, so they get to a whole other type of buying with the mini raminator/ramunition, and yet another segment with the mini monster baja... so although they are all based on the same thing, they appeal to different people.... The mini desert truck is basicaly an upgraded mini-t, which im sure we can all agree is much needed! I also think its really cool they do a big, medium and small of everything... so that no matter which price point you are able to meet, you can get the truck you want.. cant afford the nitro raminator? get the mini raminator, or even the micro raminator.... in reality, all their "rehashed" vehichles are different... Want an LST but cant afford it? the aftershock is almost the same thing.. dont like race looks? get a raminator? dodge hater (god forbid)? get the monster baja..... etc etc...
Old 09-12-2008, 04:05 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dacaur

Why the losi bashing? losi has come out with two brand new vehichles, high roller and mini crawler, recently.. as for reguritating models, well the mini lst2 looks like a race machine, so they get to a whole other type of buying with the mini raminator/ramunition, and yet another segment with the mini monster baja... so although they are all based on the same thing, they appeal to different people.... The mini desert truck is basicaly an upgraded mini-t, which im sure we can all agree is much needed! I also think its really cool they do a big, medium and small of everything... so that no matter which price point you are able to meet, you can get the truck you want.. cant afford the nitro raminator? get the mini raminator, or even the micro raminator.... in reality, all their "rehashed" vehichles are different... Want an LST but cant afford it? the aftershock is almost the same thing.. dont like race looks? get a raminator? dodge hater (god forbid)? get the monster baja..... etc etc...
I agree with you 100% dacaur.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:24 PM
flipside7

dont take it as bashing, its just a statement, i agree with buth views, as i said i have both mini t and mini t pro, i liked em enough to race/bash them for 2 years, and i do have 2 of them, it wasnt a roll of the dice, and i haphazardly ended up with 2 losi's. i bought them, i love to listen to too short too, i'm just not appreciative of the twenty albums he has, i'm a fan, i buy the first 7.

i do agree that losi has not only improved upun an impressive line, but also has brought r/c many new faces buyers and dollars as a whole. they have also pushed the envelope on lithium rtr's and good tx rx rtr. iff another competetor brings a mini, or revises one, they know that losi is sittin with some pretty good stuff.

otherwise, if i hated losi, it shouldnt stop a creative whaat if discussion, just be someone decides to say "hey why y'all pickin on losi like dat!"
answer, cause they're all big boys an' they can take it! lol!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:53 PM
bigairlife

as someone said before, a 1/18th E-revo. That would be awesome. I'd pay $400 for that. (then add a brushless system and lipo) Kick arse!!!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

as someone said before, a 1/18th E-revo. That would be awesome. I'd pay $400 for that. (then add a brushless system and lipo) Kick arse!!!!!
$400? thats a little much... the 1/10+ e-revo is only $450.... The absolute MAX i would pay for ANY mini is probably about $300, and there arent currently any mini's out I feel are worth even that... An E-revo, would be if it were durable.... I dont care if it only goes 10MPH from the factory, thats what brushless motors are for, but its got to be durable, so that it can handle the brushless motors....
Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
xXRCbRANtLyXx

hey whats a good car or buggy that would be good toride around the house and have fun with that is not that much money?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:26 AM
madweazl

I've always been a Losi fan, I'd love to see the 8ighteen that was mentioned!