Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

my ramunition brushless took a hard hit. front differential damage!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

my ramunition brushless took a hard hit. front differential damage!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:30 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default my ramunition brushless took a hard hit. front differential damage!

should i get the part myself and replace it myself or should i take it to the shop
Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my ramunition brushless took a hard hit. front differential damage!

do it yourself so you can learn how to do stuff with rc cars instead of having other people do it for you..once you bring it to people to fix it doest really become a independant hobby to...
Old 09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
lancer123

do it yourself .... you are being sold useless stuff on your car ..like 2 BL motors

so next the shop might sell you this HELLA expensive differential ya know ... ceramic balls steel gears ...expensive stuff
Old 09-21-2008, 02:25 PM
samguan

hey guys, thx alot for the advice. i went to a bigger shop today and actually, it wasn't the differential. it was the two arms that hold the wheels.. two sides cost $7.50 and installation took me 20 minutes. but the result is good. thx
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Wepo

yeah, your being takin advantage of. You have been wasting money. Didnt you say this is your first car? Ive been in the hobby roughly 3 years and I still havent gone brushless. You should slow it down you have had your car 2 days and have gone brushless and wrecked it. Your going to burn a hole in your pocket if you dont start taking it easy.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
samguan

thx alot for the advice bro.... I went to the hobby shop today and saw a Nitro car for sale... i believe it's on special. $249.CAD... it's the Tamiya Mighty Ballista Nitro 4WD Buggy RTR..... what do you think about this vehicle?
Old 09-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Wepo

Im not a fan of nitro. I dont think nitro is worth it but there are many that would disagree. If you do go nitro I believe thats an easy car to get started on. But if you dont understand how nitro works then its probably not for you. There are alot of problems and you have to do alot of tweaking.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 PM
rmoetken

i am not a big fan of nitro either. i started with an original tmaxx when i was 12. ive never had a nitro since. you have to break the engines in, where as electric you plug it in and go..sometimes it takes 3 battery packs for the motors to get "broke in". in nitro your always tuning the motor, idle adjusments, and constant carb tuning. also you need different glow plugs for different weather conditions. then the gas on top of that, which is roughly 20 bucks a gallon (here in colorado for 20%). so with that ill stick to my electric lol especially when i can have a electric car blowin the doors off 3.3 jatos
Old 09-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Wepo

yeah brushless cars rip. campared to nitro. Man friend has emaxx and a revo and he ran the revo a few times maybe 3 in 1 year. and you have to drain it and stuff when your not using it. Its so inconvinient. The emaxx is fun. I also say stick with minis because the bigger they are the harder they crash.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
samguan

is brushless comparable to nitro in terms of speed?? I know the Mini-T with brushless and Lipo can do 70MPH....
Old 09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Wepo

yeah you cant really compare nitros and electrics. I mean they are completly different platforms.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:01 PM
rmoetken

yeah and the parts get even more ex*****ve for nitro then they do for electric..motors are roughly the amount of a car..i have 3 minis and the only thing i worry about is not keeping my batteries conditioned right. alot less stressfull on the bank account.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:04 PM
samguan

I'm using the stock battery right now... I don't even know how to take care of them....I just use them like any other regular rechargeable batteries... But I'm going to get a Lipo battery soon and I think i should read carefully on how to take care of them
Old 09-21-2008, 11:04 PM
rmoetken

a stock jato 3.3 should do roughly 65+..i worked with a guy who had a schumacer touring car on a mamba brushless and would race people with 3.3 jatos and wait for them to hit second gear and almost top the speed out and start and would seriously hit 90+ and the car would be out of sight in a second. you can compare brushless to nitro in the aspect of speed. very simple.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:08 PM
rmoetken

the battery your getting from losi is a 2 cell 1650mah most likely. really the only main concern is having your esc set to have the battery cutoff at 2 cell. which wont allow it to drop below 6.6 volts (thats what mine stops at) as long as the battery does not drop below that then and you charge it good (i charge mine on .9 volts to prevent it from getting hot) there is no worries on them. unless the battery swells, or drops below voltage, which if either happens the battery is now useless and must be replaced.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:11 PM
samguan

i'm not getting enough run-time... a full charge would run out in 5,6 minutes... maybe my brushless is sucking too much power out of the battery... Also... my brushless is experiencing a tiny turbo lag which i believe is the battery problem.. I need to get a better battery... any suggestions on brand? capacity?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:16 PM
rmoetken

usually lag with the mamba is the battery not being able to provide the power the motor needs to turn. i use the losi 1650mah 2 cell and on occasion have lag problems. there is a 1900mah 2 cell that could be almost perfect. i dont know from experince in the mlst but, in my mini baja with the motor i had no problems. if you want almost insane speeds go with a 3 cell lipo. check out maxxamps.com. there you can build a battery to your own liking
EDIT::thats maxamps.com sorry
Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Wepo

ORIGINAL: rmoetken

the battery your getting from losi is a 2 cell 1650mah most likely. really the only main concern is having your esc set to have the battery cutoff at 2 cell. which wont allow it to drop below 6.6 volts (thats what mine stops at) as long as the battery does not drop below that then and you charge it good (i charge mine on .9 volts to prevent it from getting hot) there is no worries on them. unless the battery swells, or drops below voltage, which if either happens the battery is now useless and must be replaced.
The stock lipo is a 1100mah im holding both. Paid an extra 50 to get 550 more mah. Completly worth it!!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Wepo

lol even though im holding it I cant read. The stock lipo is 1000 my bad.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:52 AM
lancer123

why do oyu guys get just like 1000mah lipos for like $40 when there are like 2200mah 3S out there for $25 20-30c dishcarge with AWESOME REPUTATION .. in the helicopter HOBBY

haha

my lil bro has 2 2200mah 3s 20-30c lipo

i have 2 2200mah 20-30 3s lipo

4 lipos for just $100

this would ve been $250 if i bought in the US

haha
Old 09-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Wepo

It came with the stock baja. Then I got a new 1650.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 AM
catbutt

ORIGINAL: Wepo

yeah, your being takin advantage of. You have been wasting money. Didnt you say this is your first car? Ive been in the hobby roughly 3 years and I still havent gone brushless. You should slow it down you have had your car 2 days and have gone brushless and wrecked it. Your going to burn a hole in your pocket if you dont start taking it easy.
I agree with Wepo on everything said here. You need to learn about this hobby before you go throwing money around, unless you just have tons to burn. Do your research. Learn how to take care of your stuff so it will take care of you. Especially with LiPO. They are dangerous and can burn YOU or or your possessions if not used correctly. These cars may be small and seem like toys, but THEY ARE NOT. Many will do 40+ mph and can seriously injure someone if driven carelessly.

Nitro is a whole other bag. If you don't like to constantly tinker with a complex system every time you want to drive your rig then nitro is not for you. Again, do your research first.

After you have spent a week or so reading up on a subject, post on the forums with questions you still have. You will find the people here are happy to help someone who has done their homework and is still unsure about one thing or another. We have all been there at one time. Myself, I just made the transition from nitro to electric and am still learning. I have spent countless hours reading up on various aspects of this new (to me) branch of RC and enjoy doing so. In the end my research (and great people on these forums) has helped me fix,tune and select parts for my car. If you trust the folks at the hobby stores to do the work for you, they will, but remember, they are trying to make money. All they see is the dollar bills floating above your head and are just trying to figure out how to get them out of you. You MAY get lucky and find someone honest who won't try to sell you overpriced stuff you don't need, but you also won't know how to fix things for yourself when there is no one around to help you. Self reliance is king in this hobby and in life. Learn it- live it- love it.

PS. The cogging can be solved by updating the firmware in your ESC. To do this you need the Castle link which anyplace that carries Castle Creations products will have.

Good luck
Old 09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
KRO

why do oyu guys get just like 1000mah lipos for like $40 when there are like 2200mah 3S out there for $25 20-30c dishcarge with AWESOME REPUTATION .. in the helicopter HOBBY
Ok , how about a link too these 25 dollar 3s LiPo's ?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:09 PM
lancer123

yep. ... ..
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...00mAh_3S1P_20C
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...C_Lipoly_Pack_
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0C_Lipoly_Pack

they all mostly the same ... my lil bro has the first one and they ARE EXACTLY THE SAME as the last one EXCEPT it looks like it was built with better SHRINK. DEANS and better foam tape and yea ..

so i would just get the first ones .

ADD hobbycity . com to the *** PLACCE!!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Wepo

Uh... none of the links work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.