Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Made in the U.S.A

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 AM
huskerdually

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made in the U.S.A

Is there anything made in the U.S.A anymore? Also does team associated design and build there own products or do they just re brand. The sportswerks recoil is just some re branded chinese junk. Now sportwerks isn't even going to sell it anymore. I'd pay extra for something made in the U.S.A if it was put out by a reputable company. What about like novak, I know cc is made here but any other brushless stuff. 3 racing I believe is made in europe somewhere, which is better than china.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
rschoi_75

Default RE: Made in the U.S.A

I know where you're coming from, and r/c can get a bit frustrating at times. Sometimes the car/truck has so many problems you feel like ripping your hair out. But its also important to know that not all chinese products are junk. It all depends on what the buyer requests from the manufacturer. Castle sources raw materials and finished products from china, so does novak, tekin, and pretty much every other us based company. Take for example most 1/8th buggies and truggies. Around 90% of all brands sold in the USA are made in china or have had their parts made in china and were assembled in the US. So don't be so quick to bash the manufacturer. If you want to complain to anyone, complain to the product managers at sportwerks (owned by horizon). They were they ones who gave the "ok" on the specs. and materials used.

btw, 3Racing is a chinese company.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Mini_Me

BRP vehicles are made and designed by Bud Bartos in the US.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

I know what you mean. It gets downright depressing at times to see how many companies have turned to the easy way to boost profits, outsourcing it to China. Granted not all stuff from China is junk, but it makes me mad to see how quick these companies pitch US jobs to make a quick buck from low cost Chinese labor.

That's one of the things I like about Tamiya. For the most part their stuff is made in either Japan or the Philippines, and they seem to be trying to avoid switching to China.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:39 PM
huskerdually

Any link to brp products?

The American consumer is smiling and handing this great country over to the chinese one outsourced job at a time. I'm sure that's why my Grandpa faught in wwII and friends are fighting in Iraq.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Mamba Max

ORIGINAL: Kitsune
I know what you mean. It gets downright depressing at times to see how many companies have turned to the easy way to boost profits, outsourcing it to China. Granted not all stuff from China is junk, but it makes me mad to see how quick these companies pitch US jobs to make a quick buck from low cost Chinese labor.
That's one of the things I like about Tamiya. For the most part their stuff is made in either Japan or the Philippines, and they seem to be trying to avoid switching to China.
Downright depressing how companies do our bidding? How companies supply $3.99 alarm clocks and RC cars for $39.95? Come on man, outsourcing is the American way.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:04 PM
huskerdually

ORIGINAL: Mamba Max

outsourcing is the American way.

Never used to be, people cared about quality when they bought something and demanded it. Now we buy the cheapest thing we can find, and throw it away when we're done. Of course china's economy is growing, they get to build everything over and over again.

But enough about that. Are there any more products Made in the U.S.A
Old 10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
lancer123

i dont think many stuff are made in USA anymore becasue outsourcing is a alot cheaper and makes the product cheaper too ..

cheap products arent just becasue of china its also what the USA company decidding why type of material to use .. and what kind of quality they want the product to be ...almost all CNC parts are made in China ..but some high quality parts are made slower giving it a better finish and fits alot better ... 3racing is a GREAT china company ..

sportwerks is not some rebranded junk ...its Japanese ...and Horizon might be stop selling it becasue the Recoils arent selling that well ... they are selling for $80 off ebay for aa NEW rtr and i got one for $50 ..with CVDS and foams ...

these day almost every elctronic are made in China if its a mass produced product ..

ans Asso prolly design it .. tell chinese to make parts ..and build it ...using OK quality material ... and if the boss of that manufacture is a sneek boss he might make copies of those parts using CHEAP plastic and sell it for less ... those are the cheap rc18 you see on ebay hahaha

and since becasue parts are made in china its cheaper to replace ...

Xray is made in Germany rightt?? see their parts are pretty pricey ....

i dont think their are nay more rc's made in USA unless they are some OLD vintage rc car ...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:14 PM
musclecar201

This is why I have resorted to micros and try to custom making everything, I want to try to support jobs in the US instead of outsourcing to china.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
lancer123

damn custim manking everything .. how do you explain those cars in your SIG lol

and your propulse that you asked question on xmod forum lol..

i will try to support USA too but if products were made here it would COST SO MUCH MOREE!!

a 1/18 BL motor in chana is $15 for a 6000kv ... great quality true rating ..USA tells the manufactor to make a different CAN with diff color and they buy it in a LOW bulk price ..but sell it in USA for 5x profit ...

my parents are chinese and my uncle has a companyi n China so i know this ****... hahaha

elcetronics i will buy from USA cuz its Much higher quality ... but anything plastic or metal from china is fine ..to me ..
Old 10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
huskerdually

There is a difference between price and value. But no one gets that anymore. And the recoil is built in china, all my replacement parts say "made in china with low quality materials, lead paint, no quality control and poor employee moral". The recoil is dead because although a good idea and design it is a piece of crap. Sportwerks did nothing to support it. Only 2 bodies, come on, no wheel options.

xray= made in ukraine
rpm products=USA
nova rc=USA
Novak=USA probably some outsourced parts but looks like they make a lot of their own stuff.
Castle Creations=USA probably some outsourced parts

Does anyone know about integy, looks like they may build their own products in the US.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Mini_Me

ORIGINAL: lancer123

Xray is made in Germany rightt?? see their parts are pretty pricey ....
Xray is made and designed in Slovakia. (East of Germany).

Any link to brp products?

BRP: http://www.brpracing.com/
Old 10-02-2008, 03:57 PM
huskerdually

rc18t suspension arms.

rpm $9.89
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRUN2&P=SM

associated $2.89
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XJHM2&P=0#tech

If you can't spend $7.00 more for the quality product then you should take up knitting or something. Most people spend more than that on coffee or soda a day.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
RCtruckRacer

Lunsford makes all their products in Oregon, but he probably gets his Ti stock from Wah-Chang - a chinese company with a factory in the same town. It's just the way things are.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
huskerdually

On his site right now looking. Still better to give him some money than a chinese factory.

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

It's just the way things are.
Not ready to concede that yet. I'll do my part.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
musclecar201

Lancer123 I have to buy the car first to make custom upgrades to them I'm not one of those people that buy every upgrade for their car. There are only a few places that really make their protects in the USA only the ones mentioned above.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 AM
huskerdually

dubro is also made in USA
Old 10-03-2008, 04:16 PM
gbasile77

I think the Senate should adjust their US rescue bill, and propose that a few billion dollars is pumped into the RC industry to try and stabilize America's exploding economy.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: huskerdually

There is a difference between price and value. But no one gets that anymore. And the recoil is built in china, all my replacement parts say "made in china with low quality materials, lead paint, no quality control and poor employee moral". The recoil is dead because although a good idea and design it is a piece of crap. Sportwerks did nothing to support it. Only 2 bodies, come on, no wheel options.

xray= made in ukraine
rpm products=USA
nova rc=USA
Novak=USA probably some outsourced parts but looks like they make a lot of their own stuff.
Castle Creations=USA probably some outsourced parts

Does anyone know about integy, looks like they may build their own products in the US.
Ask anyone. Integy used to make very good tools in the US, and then they switched to making thier stuff in China. Quality dropped like a brick after that.

As far as Novak and CC, they used to make a higher precentange in the US, but now days a lot of thier componets come from China. Some of CC's ESCs are made in the US of globaly sourced (which basically means China) componets, but a lot of thier motors are strictly Chinese made. I think the same applies to Novak too.

Getting something at least assembled in the US is a better alternative than something completely Chinese, but even those instances are getting harder to come by.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:59 AM
NitroVette

I've always tried my hardest to buy American but that's a tough task when you're talking RC. It's probably the only commodity I don't complain about being made overseas, if not for foriegn manufacturing do you really think RC would be where it is today ? Do you think we'd have $300 RTRs that are light years ahead of kits that were available 15 years ago ? As far as quality, let the products speak for themselves. We own 2 Losis, 3 HPI cars, and 2 OFNAs and in my opinion they're all pretty good quality. It's the cheap knock off RCs that are starting to give the hobby a black eye. Stay away from those and you'll be OK.

Everybody is sourcing overseas now, it's hard to avoid. One of the best examples is audio gear, companies that have been into hifi for 30 - 40 years have begun to invest millions to build factories in China. Try finding an amplifier or speakers that are made in USA, it's almost impossible. My entire sytem is comprised of equipment made in USA or Canada and because of that fact it cost 2 to 3 times as much as just going down to Best Buy and buying a Pioneer or Sony. Not that they don't make a good product, they do but I'm willing to pay a premium for aluminum case work, machined alum. buttons and controls, superior sound and reliability.

As pro made in USA as I am, I just had to let go of the fact that almost everything in this hobby is made elsewhere. Fortunately RC magazines and feedback from fellow RCers will helpweed out the good from the bad.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:53 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: gbasile77

I think the Senate should adjust their US rescue bill, and propose that a few billion dollars is pumped into the RC industry to try and stabilize America's exploding economy.
WHAT A GREAT IDEA !!!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
dacaur

I have to agree with NitroVette here.... If not for walkera, the ultimate Chinese clone factory, I would not be in RC today.... In 2005 I bought a walkera Heli for $120.... Since then I have bought thousands of dollars of RC stuff, but I can tell you, nothing else from walkera... You know the old saying, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me", definitely applies to walkera.... Its a great brand to bring people into RC, but few people who stay in RC continue to buy it, which is good..... You either say man this is junk, glad I didnt spend too much on it and thats the end of it, or you say man this is junk, i want something better that I can actualy get parts for!...

I think instead of wishing more stuff was made in the USA, you should wish more people would support their LHS or at least a US online site.... Instead of buying stuff directly from hong-kong, get something thats going to be miles better locally, or get the same quality stuff from a us based online site, at least then most of "your" money is still saying in the US, rather than going strait to china....

I buy US when I can, but when thats not possible, ill buy at my local hobby shop. If the difference is $5-$10 on a $50 order, Ill pay the extra to get it locally... when the price is $50 online (towerhobbies) and $75 locally, as was the case with a set of masher2K's and axial beadlocks, well, sorry, I'm not going to pay half again as much to support my LHS, when they are gouging me like that... when they want $89 for something I can get online for $45 (AI runner ESC)... No way... But if they are asking $50 for something I can get for $40 online, Ill consider it....

BTW, in the case of the ESC above, that was an actual occurrence at my LHS, but I talked to them and they agreed to give it to me for $55... ive also got them to lower the price on some servos.... so if you are looking for stuff at your local hobby shop, and the price is significantly higher than online, talk to them, they might lower it... Don'T expect them to match the online price all the time, but they should be charger 1.5-2 times the online price....

The funniest thing i have seen at a hobbyshop though, is one near me was selling towerpro CD-rom motors for $35.... You know the ones you can get for like $5-$10 online.....
I thought it was awsome that they had them, till I asked how much there were....
Old 10-05-2008, 07:28 PM
eddyeddy

ORIGINAL: huskerdually

The American consumer is smiling and handing this great country over to the chinese one outsourced job at a time. I'm sure that's why my Grandpa faught in wwII and friends are fighting in Iraq.

They are fighting in Iraq because it's easy to flog a dead horse.

I'd love to see if they'd have the balls to invade China.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:04 AM
lancer123

i will start buying from US only if prices werent so high on some products ..

electronics i will from now on ONLY buy from USA cuz my first china made ESC blew up ..i got it for free from my friend its just fried BIG CLOUD OF SMOKE and melted FETS haha who wants picss?

now i am gonna from now on ONLY BUY ESC and Radio Equipment made in the USA haha

time to save up and get a new sidewinder off tower hobby .. =]
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
huskerdually

How many people have gotten out of rc because the cheap knock off constantly broke and cost more to keep running then it did to buy? You can't always buy American but look at how the company does business. It looks to me like horizon hobbies (sportwerks, spectrum, losi, and dynamite) does not design or build any of it's own products only markets someone else design here in the U.S. And this is a global hobby but when a company has there product built in china to increase profit is that a company you want to support. This just creates a circle then and the company building a quality product cheapens it up to compete with the other cheap product. Then your stuck buying a $100 rc but have to spend $150 on it right away just to make it workable. So like I said there is price and value.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.