Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro DT/T

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro DT/T

Well after all the reading I have been doing on mini's I decided to order some micro's. 2nd day air, so hope they will be here this weekend. Got the son a micro T and me the DT. Figured since these would be best for the house this winter but still am planning on getting the 1/18 DT's. Maybe a x-mass gift or something...

So now that we have the micro's comming I was looking for some good batts. Maybe a better motor.. Anything you guys think would be the first things to upgrade?

Thanks guys for all the info and making us addicted to this hobby...lol
Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM
madmax22

Default RE: Micro DT/T

get a lipo for both of them. for the micro-t get DT tires/wheels. they look cooler adn they dont wear out as fast. they arent that much heavier and get get a little better GC.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:36 AM
MTboy

thanks man.. What's a good lipo and charger for these? Saw the losi batt and charger for $50 but was wondering is there something better? Do I need to change anything else to go lipo?
Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
dapro

get a good charger for charging the losi lipo packs, or if you have a good battery charger you can bring the stock NiMH to life...heck of alot longer run times. I use the Intellipeak ICE Charger.

Here is a pic of my Baja with DT tires, little fuel tubing on the rear shocks, extended radio antenna with tubing which is an awesome range extender, Micro Dean plugs, RPM bumper, bearings, removed on/off switch and better wire to the motor....otherwise stock

Old 10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
KRO

I use these , great batteries for the price ! I get about 15-20 miutes af run time , you will need a LiPo charger that will charge at .2 amp or lower though .

[link=http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_56&products_id=433]AeroNuts Mini T LiPo [/link]

For a better motor there is only really one choice if you dont go brushless , never used this one but I did use the older model that Atomic had out (without bearings) and it was a big improvement over the stocker so I would think this one would be too .

[link=http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=10809&cat_name=]Atomic ball bearing motor [/link]
Old 10-15-2008, 02:27 PM
dapro

Great price on the lipos, $15 shipped for 2, 200 maH batts is great.....but 1-4 weeks for delivery.....I still may order it and forget it.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
dr.bjm

The range on my DT is pretty bad, how did you extend the antenna?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
MTboy

Thanks for the links on the batts and motor.. will be getting those..lol Have a good charger to go with those batts..lol

Man I can't wait to see these little things go...
Old 10-15-2008, 03:58 PM
dapro

I had about 20ft of antenna wire already, so I soldered the new one on, the drilled a hole through the body, I used a 8inch piece of antenna tube, and 2 metal collars to hold it in place. Great range now.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:25 PM
KRO

had about 20ft of antenna wire already, so I soldered the new one on, the drilled a hole through the body, I used a 8inch piece of antenna tube, and 2 metal collars to hold it in place. Great range now.

You can also use the wire from inside of a phone cord , it is almost exactly the same as the stock wire .

dapro , he usually gets my stuff too me in a week . NEVER had a problem with him yet and I have made quite a few orders .
Old 10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
MTboy

One week isn't bad.. Will have to see how my range is on friday when they show up.. A couple questions really quick..

First I would like to see if I can use my Dynamite prophet plus charger to charge the stock batteries?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN4036

If I can, I need an adaptor to go from the charger to the micro... Will this work?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...source=froogle

Now I need some batteries that will work with this charger and give good run times. Any links to some or ideas? Unless I go with the lipo's after finding a charger and getting an ok from the wife..lol

What are the first things I should do before running the trucks? I'v read so much info that I'm not sure if some are old news or if you still need to do these things.. So whats the latest info on things to do before running?

Thanks guys and I will be putting up pics this weekend
Old 10-15-2008, 09:33 PM
dapro

The charger will NOT work, it is for a 6 or 7 cell packs, the stock NiMH pack is a 4 cell 4.8v....unless you want to lay out some dough for a charger like the ICE charger, stick with the stock charger that comes with....only buy yourself some rechargeable AA batts and charger from walmart to save some money on batts for the charger

The trucks are ready to beat up out of the box, check out the steering link mod, the stockers are flimsy, but people replace them with zip ties to solve the problem. The RPM bumper helps too.

Check your radio channels before you run, make sure they are all different.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:31 PM
MTboy

They better be different.. I asked for them to make sure. I hear the stock charger sucks and takes forever to charge. But did see a write up somewhere about hooking a universal power adaptor 3v-12v (800ma max) to the charger so it will charge from the wall.. Going to have to find that again and figure it out.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 PM
jeepin4fun

I recieved my Losi micro T yesterday, I knew it was small from pictures and articles I've read, but it was still alot smaller than i had expected. The stock charger takes about 15-20 minutes to charge the battery, using the batteries for the charger that came with it. Let me tell you, this little thing is a blast, and If i were you I'd wait until you get the trucks and witness the speed and power the stock set up provides. I was truely impressed. I don't know where you plan on doing most your driving with them, but I have a 22x18 family room, and clearing out tables and stuff, almost good enough room to make a track. If you want the high speed runs take em outside . I am doing what they have suggested for you to do, get a good charger, the ICE seems to be the best bet, as it will allow you to charge pretty much any battery you have micro up to 1/10 scale batteries. and it will charge the lipos should you go that route. I know it seems crazy to pay more for a charger than it cost for almost 2 micros, but in the end it will save you alot of headaches and wasted money on piddly wall chargers. Seriously, wait for your trucks, give them a good run, then assess what mods you would like to make. Stock mine has more than ample power for a homemade track. and in the streets people stare with awe , as this little bugger flies down the road. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 AM
MTboy

Thanks man and am glad you got yours. Should be here today at sometime. Will have to wait to see till I get home from work.
Have a link to the ice charger?
We plan on running in the house and in the yard for the most part. Will let you know when I get home and test these bad boys...lol
Old 10-17-2008, 05:30 PM
MTboy

Here they are.....
Havent ran them yet since son isn't home but very soon we will be ripping it up...lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46762.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1053787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41892.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1053788  
Old 10-17-2008, 06:40 PM
KRO

Sweet ! Now charge them puppys up and go run em with your kid !
Old 10-18-2008, 06:38 AM
MTboy

We did just that KRO.
These little RC's are worth every penny. Perfect for the house and packed with alot of power for how pig they are. We set up a hill climb up the lazy boy chair, Jumps all over the house and ran them 6 times. Will be looking for some upgrages to help with the steering but really other then that they seem great.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Evan T.

what do you mean help with the steering you no there is a proportional trim on the tx right
Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
MTboy

LOL... Yeah know that..
No I mean how loose the links are. Lets the front wheels wiggle/sloppy causing to want to go left or right no matter how much I play with the trim..
After running twice today already I have decided I need some shocks. Was looking on toys and found oil threaded shocks in all different colors. Are any of these good up grades for the micro's?
Also,
Hardened threaded wheel shafts
Bearings set

Am I missing anything that you think I should get for the first things? Just looking to make it alittle tougher..

Thanks guys and I'm glad for all the help with these great trucks.. So far we are having a blast..
Going to start making a track out in the yard today, so hope to get some pics up later...
Old 10-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Evan T.

man i wish my dad would do that with me lol
Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 PM
MTboy

HELP!!!
My son and his micro T is kicking my a@@.. The T seems to be faster, jump bigger and farther then my DT. This can not be happening.. When I jump mine always nose dives. Why is this? What can I do to make this not happen. The only thing that I have done to the DT that he hasn't is put zip ties on the rear shocks to make them stiffer. Could this really make that big of a difference? What do I need to do to make the DT faster and jump better then the T?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
It's getting hard to get smoked everytime we run together by my son...
Old 10-18-2008, 06:31 PM
madmax22

the DT is a tad heavier but shouldent be that bad. in the air put full throttle so it doesnt go nose in all the time. good luck. maybe your motor is smoked already? Did you break them in with 50% alcohol 50% water? or run them pretty easy for the first couple packs??
Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 PM
MTboy

What!!!
Never new you had to do that.. We are on the tenth charge and they still have lots of power. I'm on the gas in the air and it still nose dives... It must be the stiffer shocks...
Really sucks getting beat all the time by my son, so if anyone has any tips let me know...
Old 10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
MTboy

Did some work on the micro. Cut some of the chassis so I can pull the batt threw the top and glued the bottom battery door shut. Also have the zip tie mod in front and the gas line shock spacers in the rear. This set up seems to help with my jumping and some speed.

Also made a track using cardboard for jumps. We added some technical jumps that have small rocks and sticks glued to them to make it more fun..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72614.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1055123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70154.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1055124  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.