Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini REVO and Mini Slayer are coming !!!!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:15 AM
jaejw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini REVO and Mini Slayer are coming !!!!!!

i really want the e-revo... throw a neu motor in it,, and run it against the 10th scalers at my track,,, or take itt o the 8th scale track
Old 11-30-2008, 04:29 AM
J-Heli

Why did traxxas call their 1/16th truck a slayer, when it's electric?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 AM
brett_saville

I'm not too sure but if I was to take a guess, I would think because it's more like a scaled down version of their slayer than anything else in their lineup.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 AM
J-Heli

ORIGINAL: brett_saville

I'm not too sure but if I was to take a guess, I would think because it's more like a scaled down version of their slayer than anything else in their lineup.
What about their slash?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:10 AM
brett_saville

A slash is 2wd and doesn't have inboard (revo style) suspension. The only thing they share in common is looks, as far as specs go it has more in common with a slayer... maybe they should call it a 1/16th e-slayer to avoid confusion.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:41 AM
J-Heli

A slash is 2wd and doesn't have inboard (revo style) suspension. The only thing they share in common is looks, as far as specs go it has more in common with a slayer... maybe they should call it a 1/16th e-slayer to avoid confusion.
Oh. I had no idea that the 1/16th slayer was 4wd. The name makes a little more sense now. I definitely agree with you about the name though.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Mean Green
My Feedback: (1)

Anybody have a good guess as to their actual length? Curious as I'd have to thin the herd a little to get one and am very interested.

I'm guessing 10 or so inches...
Old 12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
18th_racer
Banned

my guess would be that considering the lackluster sales of the n-slayer, while the slash has been flying off the shelves in record numbers, that its more of a marketing consideration that worrying about nitpicking the semantics
Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

cant wait, maybe now i can say i have an e-revo lol
Old 12-31-2008, 12:48 PM
wwnh

Any more info on these trucks.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
forrest225

I have not heard anything. Its listed as a product at thetoyz.com http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...1257&cat_name=
Old 12-31-2008, 04:32 PM
squeaky penguin

I waiting for them to be released as well. I already sold my MLST. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxIZHeMTdJc This video shows the Traxxas representitive saying they'll hopefully be out before Christmas and in the video it say "correction: will be availave early 2009" I expected them to at least be up on the Traxxas website by now so I can find out more about them.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
forrest225

Same here, I really hope they didn't scrap the project.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:45 AM
it8ezbngrn

I emailed Traxxas and this is what I got.

Hello,

The 1/16 scale trucks should be in US hobby shops sometime this spring. They are in the prototype stage right now so the final product has not yet been decided. They will probably cost around $200 for the brushed Slayer EX and around $300 for the brushless E-Revo 1/16.

Best regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
TRAXXAS Customer Service

Please include all previous e-mails in your response
Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: squeaky penguin

I waiting for them to be released as well. I already sold my MLST. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxIZHeMTdJc This video shows the Traxxas representitive saying they'll hopefully be out before Christmas and in the video it say "correction: will be availave early 2009" I expected them to at least be up on the Traxxas website by now so I can find out more about them.

When was the last time a salesman or company rep told the truth?
Even back at iHobby the kits were marketed for a Feb.2009 release date, and we all know the chances of a RC company making a deadline is about a good as getting snow in July in Florida.
The habit has always been to tell everyone about a new product way ahead of time, create a lot of buzz and excitement about about, and then finally get it to market sometime 3-6 months late.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Lilredmachine

Yep, considering the release date was February, and the initial showing to the public was in November, and the models shown were made of clay, I think February was opimistic.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 PM
DettaDude
Banned

Personally, I don't plan on holding my breath.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
it8ezbngrn

How hard can it be to make a car? Especially when you have a larger version. Something must be not going well.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:58 AM
DVST8R

i want the two mini's and even still want the summit super bad
Old 01-24-2009, 01:02 PM
3W flyer

ahhhhhhhh, i need a mini revo!!! those are so cool!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 PM
it8ezbngrn

So it seems that in the video they are using a 3s lipo. I would like to see what it runs like in a 2s or a nimh. Since the car costs $300 already and now it will get even more expensive for those who don't have lipo.
I wish we had some info on the cars. I'm sitting here with parts galore and I'm not sure if I should sell them or keep them cause they may fit this thing. I have a tekin Mini rage that I like a lot. If this thing isn't running a 370 then Id rather run my tekin. What about servo size? Mini or full scale? Battery or batteries? i got those too.
There's two threads on this thing but its still a mystery on a release date. "Spring" they say. No mention on the site of them still.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

So it seems that in the video they are using a 3s lipo. I would like to see what it runs like in a 2s or a nimh. Since the car costs $300 already and now it will get even more expensive for those who don't have lipo.
I wish we had some info on the cars. I'm sitting here with parts galore and I'm not sure if I should sell them or keep them cause they may fit this thing. I have a tekin Mini rage that I like a lot. If this thing isn't running a 370 then Id rather run my tekin. What about servo size? Mini or full scale? Battery or batteries? i got those too.
There's two threads on this thing but its still a mystery on a release date. "Spring" they say. No mention on the site of them still.
why do you think that they are using a 3s lipo..
Old 02-24-2009, 04:31 AM
J-Heli

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

why do you think that they are using a 3s lipo..
Yeah? Where'd you get that from? The traxxas guy said it was completely out of the box.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 PM
it8ezbngrn

Yeah, but I don't believe it comes with a battery. And that thing is moving way to fast for a 1600mah battery. I have 1/16th tamtech with a tekin mini rage and no way is it that wicked on a 1600 nimh. None of there cars comes with a battery, why would this one?
If you were a company demoing a new product would you use the weakest pack or the best pack? Out of the box means stock. I bet money there was a lipo in there.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
jaejw1

they would have mentioned that ... when the guy said "and it will go 40mph out of the box".. all the guy said was that it would with a 3s lipo..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.