Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna

My antenna broke off right at the solder. Now I need to get the tools to fix this. I was planning on getting a solder gun anyways but not so soon. Go figure the one thing I'v never done and have nothing for.
What will I need to fix this? Gun and? Is there an after market antenna that is better?
Maybe if I can find what I need from one spot that has Micro deans and some good wire I cn get it all. Any ideas on what wire to use to redo the motor wire's? Hook me up guys... Thanks

Micro DT
Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Antenna

personally i HATE solder guns. soldering irons are so much easier if your a beginner. and as far is tin..just go to lhs and ask. thats what i did
Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
MTboy

Default RE: Antenna

I got an iron from wally world and reconnected my antenna. Now I'm a pro..lol It's not as easy as I thought. Kept balling up and rolling off the wire.
I have heard of some guys changing the stock wires to bigger wires. The motor ones.. How do you get the old ones off? I'm worried about touching the iron to the chip board and ruining something.