Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

radline master vs elite series 1/24 scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
wmuller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radline master vs elite series 1/24 scale

Any impressions of the two line. I purchased the elite at Target. Nice truck, simple with rechargable AA batteries. Steering is okay, speed is fine.

Any one have both and can contrast them.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM
mini_mac

Default RE: radline master vs elite series 1/24 scale

ORIGINAL: wmuller
I purchased the elite at Target.

LOL [sm=lol.gif]

good luck

Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: mini_mac

ORIGINAL: wmuller
I purchased the elite at Target.

LOL [sm=lol.gif]

good luck

Why do you have to heckle everyone?

It is getting old man.

Time to grow up and realize that other people have different goals in life.

Buying a r/c car at target is not unheard of.

I buy indoor planes there for my kids and they are of fine quility for them.

Who are you to laugh at anothers purchase?

Please stop being so critical of everyone here.

If you have nothing to contribute......don't post.

"thin suited" insults show your character.

Wmuller- I hope people like the kid above do not turn you off to this hobby. Buying acar at target is one way that many get involved in this great hobby. Regaurdless what others think, you are taking the steps needed to get involved.

Please let us know how this car works out for you. Maybe a review? Just because it came from target doesn't make it NON r/c related.

Kevin

Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM
MORNINGSTAR

fo-serial

as a newb im completly intimidated by all y'all know in contrast to what i dont.

i came here for like, help guidance and direction.

because i need it. i readily admit i have close to no idea what im doing.

i mean seriously, as embarrased as i am as a newb, heckling my, or any other newbs decisions like that really makes me NOT want to be a part of this forum. and this happens a lot from what ive seen

i dont know how you get down back east, but i always thought these forums were intended to advance the hobby, and any and all enthusiasts understanding of such.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 AM
mini_mac

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen
Why do you have to heckle everyone?

It is getting old man.

Time to grow up and realize that other people have different goals in life.

Buying a r/c car at target is not unheard of.

I buy indoor planes there for my kids and they are of fine quility for them.

Who are you to laugh at anothers purchase?

"thin suited" insults show your character.

Wmuller- I hope people like the kid above do not turn you off to this hobby. Buying acar at target is one way that many get involved in this great hobby. Regaurdless what others think, you are taking the steps needed to get involved.

Why do you take it upon yourself to chastise everyone you don't agree with?

It is really getting old man.

Time to grow up and realize that it's not your job and you're not my father.

It's better served for people to learn from jumpstreet that buying RCs at Target is going to troublesome because they aren't going to be able to locate replacement parts, or anything else for them for that matter.

You're choice, but no major retailer is going to sell "quality" stuff and be able to sell them at discount prices.

Who are you to tell others how to act?

Stop being so critical yourself!

"thin suited" is not a phrase or any semblance of correct terminology.

Wmuller- sorry about laughing before, but more people have been turned off from this hobby by purchasing offbrand/budget RC cars and trucks and planes because of their inferiority than have ever been further drawn into the hobby. Why? Becuase they soon find out that things break, they can't get replacement parts, and soon get frustrated especially after finding out the comparative cost of a true hobby-grade RC at a hobby shop. Pardon the old man above, he's always grumpy and always trolling for a fight.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Mr. Mugen

You always must get the last word which makes me believe your a woman. You are critical of others set ups when they don't ask for it. Why don;t you try saying something positive instead of trying to discredit me and others? BTW I am not the only one who is tired of it. I have been contacted by at least 5 of these others concerning your behavior. Go ahead and make some snide remark and quote me. Add smileys and a bunch of other childish stuff. Make sure to get your parents permission before doing so.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:46 AM
MORNINGSTAR

You always must get the last word which makes me believe your a woman
ah man, thats gotta be the quote of the day
Old 11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
mini_mac

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

You always must get the last word which makes me believe your a woman. You are critical of others set ups when they don't ask for it. Why don;t you try saying something positive instead of trying to discredit me and others? BTW I am not the only one who is tired of it. I have been contacted by at least 5 of these others concerning your behavior. Go ahead and make some snide remark and quote me. Add smileys and a bunch of other childish stuff. Make sure to get your parents permission before doing so.

LOL........... if that be the case how come you're the one insisting on responding to my response?

just so you know, the way the rest of the free world looks at it outside your home is that when you make a comment to someone them responding to it is NOT getting in the last word - you responding to their response IS.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: MORNINGSTAR

You always must get the last word which makes me believe your a woman
ah man, thats gotta be the quote of the day

[X(]

Kevin
Old 11-12-2008, 12:02 PM
mini_mac

ORIGINAL: MORNINGSTAR

fo-serial

as a newb im completly intimidated by all y'all know in contrast to what i dont.

i came here for like, help guidance and direction.

because i need it. i readily admit i have close to no idea what im doing.

i mean seriously, as embarrased as i am as a newb, heckling my, or any other newbs decisions like that really makes me NOT want to be a part of this forum. and this happens a lot from what ive seen

i dont know how you get down back east, but i always thought these forums were intended to advance the hobby, and any and all enthusiasts understanding of such.
realistically, if this was the guy's first ever post on these forums it would be one thing
but fact of the matter is he started a thread comparing losi and associated trucks carried by his lhs
and then he somehow ended up with target trucks
which is kinda like surveying your friends on whether to get a Lexus or a Camry and coming home with a Yugo and saying, "so whatcha think?"

IMHO
Old 11-14-2008, 04:14 PM
rcktpwrd

I was looking into getting one of the 'master' series vehicles, based on threads here and reading about the differences on some other sites as well.

from what I have seen the differences are that the master comes with ball bearings installed and the electronics are slightly better. you have the ability to change crystals in the receiver and also the ability to upgrade the servo with other hobby grade units...
the elite series that Target sells don't have upgradeable electronics.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Rody63

The Elite series ones are crap. There's a big delay between when you steer on the transmitter, and when the truck actually turns. Plus it has a delay when it centers. You can't fix this, without doing some major changes to the electronics. They're tough trucks, and relatively quick, but the steering woes make this a pretty awful truck to drive.

I wouldn't mind trying a Master series because of their size though. Small enough for indoors, but big enough to play around with in the yard. If you can fix the steering, they wouldn't be too bad.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 PM
jaejw1

there is a detailed thread discussing these vehicles.. somewhere in this forum.. do a search,, im sure every question can be answered..
Old 11-29-2008, 01:53 PM
musclecar201

ITs not the delay in the recpetion its the slow steering servo, change the servo to a 5 wire hs-55 like you would do in an xmod and do a 5 or 6 cell modification and steering should improve a lot.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Rody63

Musclecar, how do you do the 5-wire hs-55 mod? If I could change the steering on this think, I think I'd like the truck.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:32 AM
crushgear64

how much was it?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 PM
musclecar201

Here a tut gotta sign up first though...

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Radline_R...?showtopic=130

Basically take the board out, use the regular wires 3 from the POT and 2 from the motor and cut the plug on the original servo, hook up the hs-55 to the proper colored wires and drop in the hs-55.

The mod is basically cost of wire, a micro servo, and any other supplies like soldering iron, heat shrink (recommended can use electrical though), and soldering stuff (forgot what it is called I can't beleive it)