Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Can the Liso Micro T go on grass?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:29 PM
johnnyRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the Liso Micro T go on grass?

Hi, I saw the liso micro t 1/36 today for the first time (new to everything.) It is $79.99. I saw on youtube folks using it on dirt and carpet. Can it be used in short grass? I wanted to use it at a park that has only grass. Thank you.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM
FloridaDude

Default RE: Can the Liso Micro T go on grass?

no unless ur park put down miniature golf turf. the ground clearance is nowhere near enough they r mostly used on smooth dirt, pavement concrete and carpet Welcome to the hobby
Old 11-29-2008, 10:41 PM
johnnyRC

what about the bigger cars? There was a baja one there but I can't remember the exact scale. It was mini I think, instead of micro.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
johnnyRC

ORIGINAL: FloridaDude

no unless ur park put down miniature golf turf. the ground clearance is nowhere near enough they r mostly used on smooth dirt, pavement concrete and carpet Welcome to the hobby
what about when these surfaces get wet? Can it go on them? Is water to be avoided at all costs with the micros? thanks again.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:01 PM
FloridaDude

as u probably know water and electronics dont mix well. but if ur careful u can just dont go through puddles unless u waterproff it. the baja u saw was probably a mini-t 1/18th scale. it can go on short grass but will not be to good since its not 4wd and ground clearance is still an issue. if u wanna go on grass get a losi mini mlst 4wd great ground clearance very strong as well as the AE RC18MT
Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
johnnyRC

ORIGINAL: FloridaDude

as u probably know water and electronics dont mix well. but if ur careful u can just dont go through puddles unless u waterproff it. the baja u saw was probably a mini-t 1/18th scale. it can go on short grass but will not be to good since its not 4wd and ground clearance is still an issue. if u wanna go on grass get a losi mini mlst 4wd great ground clearance very strong as well as the AE RC18MT
I'm thinking that if I had an outdoor track and made it with the turf stuff like at a miniature golf course, if that got wet, would could that ruin it?
Old 11-30-2008, 03:38 PM
jsmrc

just follow some of the steps listed in the "how to waterproof" thread. a little moisture might be ok from time to time. but i wouldnt take a chance. waterproof it and stay away from puddles and youll be just fine. ive never run one on that fake grass stuff but i cant see it being too much different than carpet so give it a shot.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM
FloridaDude

if u make a track u can do outdoor carpet it works great