Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18T RPM arms losing pins?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:18 PM
MOVMX Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18T RPM arms losing pins?

Hey guys...

I have a new set of RPM arms on the front of my 18T, and they're losing the pins that hold the caster blocks on. I have the retaining screws tight and where they need to be, but the pins still wiggle out...

I lost one of my FT aluminum dogbones last night because of this, so it has to stop... What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, if it helps, it is and FT 18T, and the caster blocks and steering knuckles are GPM, along with stock suspension pins.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Beomagi

Default RE: RC18T RPM arms losing pins?

I think I had the problem with one set - I wiped a little ca glue on the edge and that stopped any problems.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
MOVMX Racer

I made my own solution... I took some thin sheet aluminum and made little strips with holes for the retaining screws, and they sit over the pins keeping them in... I hope it works!

I also managed to find my dogbone, so all is well!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:30 PM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: MOVMX Racer

I made my own solution... I took some thin sheet aluminum and made little strips with holes for the retaining screws, and they sit over the pins keeping them in... I hope it works!

I also managed to find my dogbone, so all is well!
Sounds like you got something figured out. I just used screws with larger heads to cover the pins better.