Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini LST2.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
KRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini LST2.

I have too agree with Lilredmachine , even fully modded like my MLST2 is now none of my other minis could top it , thats why its the only mini I have now ....

Though I will have a mini E REVO when its finally released ....
Old 01-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Lilredmachine

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitley going to grab a mini-revo when it's released, but i get annoyed with everyone bagging on the MLST2. It's a good truck. Yes, it has issues, but so does every truck. My NT18T has been nothing but a pain in the arse with it's collapsible a-arms and picky setup. The steering on my RC18T was a big sack of crap. So which of all of those do I still have? Oh, that'll be the MLST2 then.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
KRO

but i get annoyed with everyone bagging on the MLST2. It's a good truck. Yes, it has issues, but so does every truck.

I feel the same way , alot of the guys who hate on the MLST2 would have problems with any R/C they picked because alot of them have absolutely no clue how too preform maintenance or troubleshoot and fix the problems that can arise when running ....
Old 01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
-JOE-

ORIGINAL: KRO

but i get annoyed with everyone bagging on the MLST2. It's a good truck. Yes, it has issues, but so does every truck.

I feel the same way , alot of the guys who hate on the MLST2 would have problems with any R/C they picked because alot of them have absolutely no clue how too preform maintenance or troubleshoot and fix the problems that can arise when running ....
Hahahaha, all I have to say. The MLST2 is not very good I have had two of them and I have had a vendetta. If you like to ride offroad more than the track, sure go ahead and get a MLST2! But other than that the vendetta kicks its a** in every category... Don't get me wrong I like my MLST2 but it takes to many upgrades to get it to run on par with the others.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
str8jailbird

Amen to that brother. I am kind of happy a lot of folks don't maintain their own. That's how I picked up a T-Maxx classis for $75.00 and a Nitro 4-Tech for $80.00.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
animalnut

got mine from the lhs for 99.99 before tax
Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
sheik480

I'd say the mini lst2 is actually a pretty good truck. Yes, it has issues (I think they are harped upon as much as they are because they are in a very visible and obvious spot), but it doesn't take much fixing or upgrading to remedy them. However, the stock servos are a lame excuse for a hobby grade product and should be the first thing you replace (a single hitec SM-65MG works pretty well, but it's a good idea to use two to eliminate steering play). Also, a heat sink is a good idea so you can get some decent speed out of the stock motors (higher gearing= a hotter motor/s). The higher gearing shouldn't be a problem because the motors produce more torque than the stock tires can put to the ground. Here are some upgrades I have yet to install (if I put 'em in): for racing I would add rollbars (of decrease the ground clearance), increase the gearing, upgrade the tires (for lateral grip), stiffen the shocks, put on some heatsinks, and possibly go brushless (expense). For off-road bashing, I would upgrade the tires (for torque handling), add heatsinks, install a center spool, and maybe increase the gearing a little bit. As for my experiences, it get's decent runtime (I think part of the reason why it seems to get a short runtime is the fact that it can be run at full throttle 90% of the time), the slipper clutch should be slipable (if it's locked, the center transmission will die in about 5 battery packs worth of jumps), and the stock servos of laughable. I have bent one of the halfshafts (I think that's what they are), but that's because of hitting large rocks head-on multiple times. That was very easy to fix. Anyway, if you plan to get one, spend a decent amount on servos, get a lipo battery, and don't intentionaly hit things with it (like large rocks). I'd say it's a pretty good truck, and worth the money. Of course, I could be totaly off, considering that this is only my third vehicle and my limited experience (~ three and a half years). So, have fun and don't reduce the local pigeon population too much ; )
Old 03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
SnailPowered

I have a MLST2 and I have been thoroughly impressed with it. I admit that this is my 3rd total R/C Car but so far I have loved the crud out of it! I also have an OFNA Hyper 7 PCR and the buggy I had before that was an OFNA POS (I don't remember what it was but I broke it every time I drove it). I will admit that the steering servos are certainly crap! I got 2 Hitec HS-65MGs although I haven't put them in yet. I had the Insane motors in it and it was fast enough to be fun and still be controllable with the stock LiPo and a slightly better one. The steering servos and body posts are the only problems I have had with mine other than not adjusting the clutch right and literally MELTING the spur gear I recommend the MLST2 to anyone and once I looked on eBay I haven't had a problem finding hop-ups galore for it! Although if anyone has a green MMB body I will buy it because I want it for when mine is sitting on the shelf [>:] I have run enough battery packs through it to break about 10 body posts and burn out two spur gears (the second one was as tight as I could get it). I am just throwing my 2 cents in for the MLST2, if you are near Savannah, Ga and have something different I will put my MLST2 up against it any day!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:58 AM
HJJFFFAA

Looks like you guys have been using the search feature.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:10 AM
sheik480

How do you figure?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:18 AM
HJJFFFAA

This thread had to be PAGES back.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 AM
sheik480

Yep, yer right, I did search. I was looking for servo savers that would fit the hitec's, as I didn't want to kill them within a few runs, even though they have metal gears. Hmmm, something funny I just noticed: on the small box the hitec came in, under the manual barcode number on the side, it says: HITEC/JR/Z . Any idea what that means?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 AM
sheik480

Actually, I didn't use search, I'm just persistent like that ; )
Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 AM
HJJFFFAA

It will work with Hitec, JR, and Airtronics receivers.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
SnailPowered

Does Losi use one of those to make their stuff? I sure hope so. I don't want a new receiver LOL.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 AM
HJJFFFAA

I can't say...Probably, though. I don't actually have one of these trucks.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:48 AM
KRO

Losi's electronics are all JR built .
Old 03-03-2009, 03:28 AM
bubble27

Hey guys

i have a quick question, scanned threw afew pages but didnt find anything.

well my question is does the mini lst use 12mm hex?

i like the Losi Mini Zombie Tyres and want to use them on my mini hyper.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
KRO

I belive its like a 7mm hex , but you can buy 12mm adapters for it .
Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM
SnailPowered

Why don't you just order the tires and some rims and glue them yourself? It's not really very hard to get them to hold together, making it look good isn't easy but that doesn't matter if you just want to bash
Old 03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Dankhead25

does anybody have a picture with how the gears in the servo go i am trying to replace the gears in the servo and cant remember how they go thanks