Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RazR 1/28 micro 4wd tc

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:48 AM
rschoi_75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RazR 1/28 micro 4wd tc

I was just surfing ebay and found this little car. It looks like a lot of fun. Anyone heard anything about these yet? Nothing comes up in the search so far...

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/RazR-4WD-Mini-Z-brushless-competition-onroad-racer_W0QQitemZ330296731708QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadi o_Control_Vehicles?hash=item330296731708&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A2%7C 240%3A1308]RazR 1/28[/link]

Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
mikemcnair

Default RE: RazR 1/28 micro 4wd tc

from what i found they are wicked expensive, but i want one BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
RC_Heli

NO, Don't waste your money on that! It doesn't even have shocks. How would you replace any of the parts if they ever broke and by the looks of things I wouldn't trust any of those electronics.

Why not just get a Micro-T for $79 and spend the rest on upgrading it and a few Lipos for it?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:55 PM
pinoyboy

I'll agree that you would be SOL if something breaks. There is a better 1/28 awd in development however, just have patience
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 PM
DarkHorse

> http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7le0NIb_IPU

Interesting but not sure if the promo video was in realtime or not (looks time stretched for speed).
Old 01-05-2009, 04:28 PM
jaejw1

they should have shown it jumping one of those jumps..lol
Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: RC_Heli

NO, Don't waste your money on that! It doesn't even have shocks. How would you replace any of the parts if they ever broke and by the looks of things I wouldn't trust any of those electronics.

Why not just get a Micro-T for $79 and spend the rest on upgrading it and a few Lipos for it?
Actually, it looks to have 4 wheel independant suspension. Anything that isn't carbon fibre is 6061 alloy (including the ball diffs), so the chances of breaking anything are slim at this weight. All electronics are standard size in terms of availability, no special sizes or fitments required. Motor looks to be a feigao or similar, micro servo, little speed control, it's kind of cute.

Micro-ts are aimed at a different market, it's completely pointless bringing them up in a thread about a mini-Z rival, this or a mini-z would destroy a micro-t on a carpet track. A decent brushless mini-z will cost you a bomb to build, in comparison to that these are actually very cheap.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:36 PM
RC_Heli

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: RC_Heli

Actually, it looks to have 4 wheel independant suspension. Anything that isn't carbon fibre is 6061 alloy (including the ball diffs), so the chances of breaking anything are slim at this weight. All electronics are standard size in terms of availability, no special sizes or fitments required. Motor looks to be a feigao or similar, micro servo, little speed control, it's kind of cute.

Micro-ts are aimed at a different market, it's completely pointless bringing them up in a thread about a mini-Z rival, this or a mini-z would destroy a micro-t on a carpet track. A decent brushless mini-z will cost you a bomb to build, in comparison to that these are actually very cheap.
What is it with people quoting my opinions on RCU?

First off, I think your over thinking this thread a bit.

Secondly, If you want to endorse this ebay clone piece of crap go ahead..
I will only give what I believe to be good advice to fellow members.
And with that being said I still stand behind what I said, Not to buy this car.

All you have done is pick apart what I have said with no reasoning.
You have not giving the thread starter any advice what so ever and
by the sounds of it, obviously it would have been bad advice anyways.

How long have you been in this hobby? Saying that this car has a slim chance of
breaking just by looking at a photo and reading some specs has the sounds
of an inexperienced hobbyist written all over it.

Again I will stand behind what I said, I do NOT trust no-name electronics and
there for I can't advise a fellow member to purchase or trust them either.

You are killing me with the independent suspension comment. This also
must have been hard for you to swallow when you where typing it.
Since when did springs alone constitute as suspension in this hobby?

You where correct about one thing. I should have suggested an alternative 1/28 scale
touring car. Not a 1/36th scale stadium truck. Man what was I thinking.
That was just horrible advice on my part and I apologize, sorry.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Lilredmachine

It's RCU, get used to it mate.

And what, precisely, is this a piece of crap clone of? Can you point me in the direction of the thing it is copying? Nope, because it isn't copying anything. It's the only production ARTR brushless 1/28th tourer in the world, and it's actual retail price tops out at over $300, hardly a cheap copy now is it?

Are you going to back up anything you say, rather than just fly off the handle and do exactly as I have by forming an opinion on it because you have seen a few pictures of it? Are you also an inexperienced hobbyist? Incidentally I have been racing and building cars longer than you have, when I was racing Mardave V12 chassis cars and my Tomy Intruder back in the mid 90s what were you doing?

And have the properties of materials in this world suddenly changed? Has carbon fibre suddenly become weak and heavy? Will the stock ball bearings grind like they've been left on the beach for 3 years before being fitted? Will 6061 alloy bend like piano wire, especially under the mighty forces that will be placed on it by this tiny vehicle weighing all of (guestimation) 100g? All because this product is on e-bay too, well what will there be next? Diamonds that shatter when you drop them?

I happen to have quite a lot of experience with mini-zs and assorted other micro cars. And yes, what you see on this car, at this scale, passes for suspension. If you actually went and looked at the market leader cars in 1/28th, the kyosho mini-Z (I've attached a picture of it for your benefit, because obviously, you've never seen a car at this scale before), you would see that what you see on the RazR is pretty much par for the course. No dampers, just springs and shafts, the fact it has 4 wheel independant suspension is impressive at this scale. You'll also note that the Mini-z AWD is a far bulkier, more plasticky car that takes AA batteries rather than lipo, has a brainboard rather than separate ESC, servo and receiver and you'll still pay $160 for the priviledge of owning one.

And also, yes, I noted that the thread starter had asked about the car, he did not say he was going to buy one. And well done on your part for suggesting the Micro-T. What next, will you be wondering into the on road forum and suggesting to someone looking for a FWD chassis that they should buy a Stampede VXL? Just because it's a smaller scale it doesn't make it any less stupid.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71101.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1104921  
Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Alex73

I would be worried about that carbon fiber bumper breaking. As carbon fiber (well the epoxy resin) is brittle.

Also, diamond can be broke with a hammer. Its very hard but its not overly tough.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
RC_Heli

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

It's RCU, get used to it mate.

And what, precisely, is this a piece of crap clone of? Can you point me in the direction of the thing it is copying? Nope, because it isn't copying anything. It's the only production ARTR brushless 1/28th tourer in the world, and it's actual retail price tops out at over $300, hardly a cheap copy now is it?

Are you going to back up anything you say, rather than just fly off the handle and do exactly as I have by forming an opinion on it because you have seen a few pictures of it? Are you also an inexperienced hobbyist? Incidentally I have been racing and building cars longer than you have, when I was racing Mardave V12 chassis cars and my Tomy Intruder back in the mid 90s what were you doing?

And have the properties of materials in this world suddenly changed? Has carbon fibre suddenly become weak and heavy? Will the stock ball bearings grind like they've been left on the beach for 3 years before being fitted? Will 6061 alloy bend like piano wire, especially under the mighty forces that will be placed on it by this tiny vehicle weighing all of (guestimation) 100g? All because this product is on e-bay too, well what will there be next? Diamonds that shatter when you drop them?

I happen to have quite a lot of experience with mini-zs and assorted other micro cars. And yes, what you see on this car, at this scale, passes for suspension. If you actually went and looked at the market leader cars in 1/28th, the kyosho mini-Z (I've attached a picture of it for your benefit, because obviously, you've never seen a car at this scale before), you would see that what you see on the RazR is pretty much par for the course. No dampers, just springs and shafts, the fact it has 4 wheel independant suspension is impressive at this scale. You'll also note that the Mini-z AWD is a far bulkier, more plasticky car that takes AA batteries rather than lipo, has a brainboard rather than separate ESC, servo and receiver and you'll still pay $160 for the priviledge of owning one.

And also, yes, I noted that the thread starter had asked about the car, he did not say he was going to buy one. And well done on your part for suggesting the Micro-T. What next, will you be wondering into the on road forum and suggesting to someone looking for a FWD chassis that they should buy a Stampede VXL? Just because it's a smaller scale it doesn't make it any less stupid.
What??? I couldn't even read all that nonsense bable...
That car is a piece of crap and I don't suggest anyone to buy it.
The amount of money they are making off that low grade, low quality materials and electronics is robbery.
You would probable be better off finding an alternative.

Am I right or am I wrong?

Here I can attach images too.....

Old 01-06-2009, 11:40 PM
str8.krooked

Where's the link to this thing? I might want to try it out. It looks like it could be pretty cool. I started with a brand called Exceed. Talk about a knock off. Anyway, I still have it, I have upgraded it, and it is still a lot of fun. I probably won't get rid of it. Although, I don't compete much aside from 1/18 scale "offroad" carpet, so my opinion is "who cares if it's not a brand name?". If it's cheap and it breaks...ole well ...at least you tried it.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:42 PM
str8.krooked

ORIGINAL: str8.krooked

Where's the link to this thing? I might want to try it out. It looks like it could be pretty cool. I started with a brand called Exceed. Talk about a knock off. Anyway, I still have it, I have upgraded it, and it is still a lot of fun. I probably won't get rid of it. Although, I don't compete much aside from 1/18 scale "offroad" carpet, so my opinion is "who cares if it's not a brand name?". If it's cheap and it breaks...ole well ...at least you tried it.
My bad...I found the link! I missed it the first time through.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 AM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

I was just surfing ebay and found this little car. It looks like a lot of fun. Anyone heard anything about these yet? Nothing comes up in the search so far...

They want $219 [:@] plus shipping.

NUFF SAID
Old 01-07-2009, 10:38 AM
nitro _ burner

RC_heli. You just got owned and are now making pathetic excuses. You're just digging yourself a hole so you may as well stop now before it gets any worse. Liredmachine I'm with you 100% here. Heli, how cab you be so fast to judge something when you have never seen it or heard anyone elses opinion on them?? How can you say the electronics are bad when all you can see in the pic is a small plastic case?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Lilredmachine

I may just buy one to piss RC_heli off. Then my opinion would matter more than his.

I like the way people start going on about poor quality and grade of materials when there's only a picture available. That's classic, blinkered I'm-right-and-you-are-wrong ignorance.

What??? I couldn't even read
Case closed.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM
it8ezbngrn

Its not even carbon fiber. LOOK.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Lilredmachine

Says both carbon and carbon fibre. Either is better than plastic for touring cars.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:51 PM
RC_Heli

Wait a minute, first of all, owned?

Secondly Lilredmachine there is absolutely nothing you can do to piss me off... lol lol lol

If you waste your money and buy that crap then you would only solidify what I think of you.

My opinions are coming from experience, I know that 3g servos, second rate materials and shoty electronics
are a waste of time and money.

I wouldn't put any of my helis or plains in the air with servos and engines that I didn't know
where proven and trusted. It would be unsafe and unethical. The same goes for land base
vehicles also. Large or small.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:36 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the car looks interesting for what it's worth, and don't really understand the fuss. You know, I had a response typed up to address the "concerns" about the car, but this looks like a classic case of trying to teach a pig to sing(if you're not familiar with the joke, teaching a pig to sing is a waste of time and annoys the pig).
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 AM
nitro _ burner

Doesn't look too bad to me...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7le0NIb_IPU
Old 01-09-2009, 08:34 AM
sillyrabbit72

Aight I'm just gonna throw my opinion out there... while rc-heli is right in that we know nothing about the car other than the pic and specs and he also make a good point about spares, looking at the car and that is all I'm doing just looking so please don't flame me to death I don't have a fireproof suit on..... but yeh looking at the car it looks like you may be able to replace some of the parts on this car with standard mini-z parts. The parts which I am referring too are the differentials and the knuckles... I could very possibly be wrong but to me it looks like i could drop drop in the mini-z equivalent... the chassis is a different story though if you broke that i have no idea where you could get a new one....

Edit:
muahahaha took a closer look and did about 15 seconds of research and found that you can buy them and some others like it aswell as spares at www.modellfun.com so i think that should help to solve these problems...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM
DettaDude
Banned

Guys, you can buy this car if you wish - good luck.

But I think what RCHeli and others have tried to point out is that this car is just a basic pan car
with little or no active suspensio, little in the way of parts support, everything about it is suspect
AND for the $219 [:@] plus shipping they want there should be
some goldplating of parts or something that comes with it for that kind of price.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:39 PM
joeyblaze

What??? I couldn't even read all that nonsense bable...
That car is a piece of crap and I don't suggest anyone to buy it.
The amount of money they are making off that low grade, low quality materials and electronics is robbery.
You would probable be better off finding an alternative.
you def got owned, and this response confirms, Lilredmachine responses was very well done and made 100 percent sence

to me this car looks like a nice 1/28 on road car, how can you say Carbon, Carbon Fiber and heavy grade alum are cheap qualty and as far as the "cheap" "knock off" elctronics most electronics parts all come from the same place and are just badged dif for who puts them together....

ba
Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
joeyblaze

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

Its not even carbon fiber. LOOK.
yes it is... look at the pictures its all CF, and the descriptions says Carbon chassis CF is just Carbon that is woven,,,,

Just from this thread im reminded why i dont come around this place often

some more pics

thing looks top notch to me for 1/28 pan cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.