Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

jammin crt .5???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:58 AM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jammin crt .5???

thinking about getting one of these little guys and i need some answers. first i know they take standard size servos, but what about the receiver, would a, say spektrum 3000 receiver fit or do i need some special receiver since its a 1/12 scale. also what in all do i need to make the pro version run, servos, engine, receiver, battery, servo horns/arms, diff. fluid, shock oil, tire glue, or anything like that. im thinking about putting the picco .12 red dot engine in it. and using , i think there, 4800s and 4800t jr servos. i want to use my dx2.0 i have for my 8ight, that way i save money, plus the dx2.0 is a great radio. anyway those are my questions. hope somone knows the answers. thanking you in advance, clay unruh
Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 AM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: jammin crt .5???

I believe you can fit that receiver. A lot of people switch over to electric on this guy. A lot of kits have been created to do so also. you can get a ton of information if you search google for RC bros.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: brainleak
you can get a ton of information if you search google for RC bros.

There's also a ton of information on Jammin's website.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
GravityJunkie

You can run full size servos with the extended chassis. Both the pro and RTR versions come with extended chassis now.

I'd think you'd be able to run your normal Rx in it. I do in mine, but it's not a DX2.0.

As far as what's needed, I couldn't tell you. I bought a used pro version and turned it brushless.

I think it's the best mini out there right now. You'll definately enjoy it.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Rody63

They only take standard servos in the RTR version, which has a longer chassis. If you get the Pro version, they use the mini servos. You can get the longer chassis separate though. I just bought one myself, but haven't built it yet. I think all you need to get it running is the electronics (Radio, RX, servos, batteries), and the engine. I'm not sure about the fluids. Also, the body comes clear, so you'll have to paint it.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
GravityJunkie

No, if you get the Pro version, it will come with an extended chassis.

Ripped from the Towerhobbies website:
This is the 1/12 scale glow powered, radio controlled, off-road
Ofna Jammin' CRT.5 Pro Mini Truggy Kit.
Now includes the extended chassis allowing full size servos to be used
for both steering and throttle and improves the model's handling.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM
1cougar1

wher'd you get the idea that the rtr only takes the standard servos and the pro version doesnt,lol?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: 1cougar1

wher'd you get the idea that the rtr only takes the standard servos and the pro version doesnt,lol?
That's the way it used to be when the crt.5's first came out. They only started adding in the ext chassis to the "pro" version recently.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
1cougar1

no worries; )
Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 AM
rschoi_75

It sounds like you've got a pretty good set-up in mind though. I don't see anything that needs changing. I personally LOVE my crt.5. I drive it more than any other r/c I own. Its large enough to hang on an 1/8th scale track, and small enough to go drive around my back yard. I went the electric route for the ease of maintenance, but nitro is a blast too on this truck. I have no complaints about mine what so ever.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:29 AM
GravityJunkie

My only complaint is that it is heavy. It's actually a mild complaint. I'm afraid I'd kill one of those light little 10th buggies if he spun out in front of me and I pounded him going down the back straight...

That, and I wish I could get something other than Mod 1 gears for electric. Those things are quite loud, especially when running indoors.

But, man, does it drive sweet. Dumped my other minis for this little guy and I don't miss them one bit!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
brianmarks78

hey there, I have the crt.5 rtr version with the factory engine and pull start, Anyone know what item numbers or what will work, to change it to roto start or bump start backplate.
1. what roto?
2. what nonpullstart backplate?
With the bump start will I need a new engine mount and flywheel to?
Any help would be appreciated, I'm tired of pull starting.
thank you
brian
Old 02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Metallover

I love my crt .5. I have an outrunner in mine. It's got an extended chassis as found on the pro version. The drivetrain is rock solid and the car is a tank. It's kinda heavy, but it is durable as anything. I only broke a body mount after tons of flips, rolls, and sliding on the roof. You can get a motor mount on RC-Monster and run a conventional inrunner motor. The best setup for an inrunner about midprice range would be a Medusa 3300 on 3s lipo.