Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Intellect 1400 Sticks Not Charging?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:26 AM
MOVMX Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intellect 1400 Sticks Not Charging?!

Hey guys. A friend of mine bought a couple of Integy (intellect) 1400 stick packs for his 18MT, and gave them to me to cycle on my ICE charger. I tried cycling them, and they took over an hour to charge, and another hour to discharge, and never reached 600mah... I tried the second pack and got the same thing, I could never get it to peak over 800Mah. I gave them back to him to see if his Super Brain 969 could charge it, and had the same results. He called Tower and they sent him two new packs. I went to cycle them last night and had the same problem...

Has anyone else had this problem? I know its not either charger, because bothcharge the stock batt. that came with the car, and my ICE charges my LiPos and NiMh sticks fine...

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 AM
nitro _ burner

Default RE: Intellect 1400 Sticks Not Charging?!

Intellect is made by integy?!?! I never knew that!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

There's probably nothing wrong with the packs. The charge or discharge time is total capacity divided by rate. It seems like you are operating with the top half of the pack or the bottom half of the pack. I think that one slow charge for 15 hrs at 140 ma will make it good to use.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:36 PM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

Intellect is made by integy?!?! I never knew that!

Intengy, themselves, make nothing.
They re-package/re-sell items manufacutured by other companies. [8D]
Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 PM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: MOVMX Racer

Hey guys. A friend of mine bought a couple of Integy (intellect) 1400 stick packs for his 18MT, and gave them to me to cycle on my ICE charger. I tried cycling them, and they took over an hour to charge, and another hour to discharge, and never reached 600mah... I tried the second pack and got the same thing, I could never get it to peak over 800Mah. I gave them back to him to see if his Super Brain 969 could charge it, and had the same results. He called Tower and they sent him two new packs. I went to cycle them last night and had the same problem...

Has anyone else had this problem? I know its not either charger, because bothcharge the stock batt. that came with the car, and my ICE charges my LiPos and NiMh sticks fine...

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Oftentimes new battery packs take a long time to charge the first few times you attempt to charge/cycle them.
And your ICE charger only tells you how many mAh's you got into them, not the totalled capacity of the pack (which you'd only know if you discharged them to dead, which I doubt you did). So they took 800mAH, no biggie - it's perfectly realistic they already had 600-plus in them.

How long they took to charge, in addition to them being new cells, is relative to at what rate you charged them at - as you know a a slow charge is always going to take longer. My guess is that once these cells get a few cycles on them their behavior will improve.

I will also suggest that the IB1400's (that's what those are, aren't they) have not really proven themselves as quality cells. IMO they've reached the reasonable capacity of the 2/3A cells, and all the newer 1400s and new 1600s performance has proven to be crap.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Mr. Mugen

Can you set your delta V peak setting? If you can, take time to read this article....very informative.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-11.htm

About 1/2 way down the page under NiMh charging.

Kevin
Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 PM
cjg

I have an ICE and it charges my IB1400 fine. What charge rate? What delta peak? I charge at 1.4 amps max. Try charging at 1 amp and put add 1mv to delta peak and see if that helps to cycle a few times.