Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Reedy Micro Brushless Systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:22 PM
BigTb17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reedy Micro Brushless Systems

Just wondering who has looked into these. Have you looked into them, and what do you think?

On the plus side they seem inexpensive, the ESC is small and should be easy to find a place for. The motors are 22mm diameter, so I think that makes them the same size as the Losi Excelorin motors.

However, a few things dissapoint me and the reason for the low price shows. If the pictures on the Reedy website are accurate there is only one pair of mounting holes in the motor, limiting mounting options. Not a huge deal, but it can be annoying modifying your motor mount because the holes on your motor don't line up. This assumes the production motor matches the pictures on the site.

Another issue is the ESC is spec'd at 0.1 Ohm on resistance. That is over twice what a Sidewinder/Mamba Micro Pro is spec'd at (0.045), and over 20 times what the Novak Mongoose lists (0.0038). They may turn out to be fine, but I do wonder how it will handle high voltage (3s Li-Po) or high KV setups.

Anyone getting one or heard anything more about them?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:19 PM
BigTb17

Default RE: Reedy Micro Brushless Systems

Wow, not a lot of interest in these systems (or just not a lot of interest in my thread). I'm interested to hear reports form people who have used them now that they are showing in stock some places. The price is attractive if they turn out decent.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
RC_Heli

For me the motors might be worth checking out, I will stick to my sidewinder and Micro Mamba esc's.

but for only $32 each I just might order a couple motors.

Tower is completely out of stock on all the micro reedy brushless systems.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...less&search=Go
Old 02-12-2009, 07:55 PM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: RC_Heli

For me the motors might be worth checking out, I will stick to my sidewinder and Micro Mamba esc's.

but for only $32 each I just might order a couple motors.

Tower is completely out of stock on all the micro reedy brushless systems.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...less&search=Go
Hmm, that means somebody must have been ordering them. Maybe somebody will be able to give us a report soon. Hopefully with good results and not dissapointment.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:37 PM
BPapin

I bought the system when tower first got them in stock, i got the 9500kv esc/motor combo, its is really fast, i was hitting some impressive top speed with stock gearing and a 6 cell 1600mah nimh, it is easy to adjust, i stripped 2 plastic spurs an aluminum pinion, i still have the stock pinion and the aluminum spur is on its way out the door, i am waiting on the exotekl slipper to come in, i like it a lot, unlike the sidewinder, the reedy has a flat on the shaft so the set screw in the pinion doesn't slip
Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Agarabaghi

how big at the cans? is this a motor that could be run in a vendetta (stock 380) or is it to small like the mamba (1/18th) size...
Old 05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
BPapin

ORIGINAL: Agarabaghi

how big at the cans? is this a motor that could be run in a vendetta (stock 380) or is it to small like the mamba (1/18th) size...
it is 22.5mm in diameter and 33.6mm in length so its small like the mambas