Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Xcelorin Warranty Claim Without Receipt

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 PM
kukkudo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xcelorin Warranty Claim Without Receipt

My ESC blew smoke and my Hobby Shop said Email or phone them in a nice tone and they should replace it. It was purcahsed from a horizon hobby dealer. But my problem is I lost the receipt cause I dont keep all my receipts especially for a r/c car. The Xcelorin sytems came out in April 08 so should there be a problem?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Evan T.

Default RE: Xcelorin Warranty Claim Without Receipt

Why does horizons site say the 8000 and 9400kv combo doesn't come out until April this year
Old 03-16-2009, 02:49 AM
sonicj
My Feedback: (2)

shouldn't be a problem. i've done it 4 times so far!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you called them, yet? They might charge you a small fee since you don't have the receipt.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 PM
garry1970

if you bought it from great hobbies they keep records of every thing you have bought so you "shouldn't" have any issues.
I cannot speak for the other shops in and around edmonton.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 PM
kukkudo

I bought it from Hobby Wholesale in Edmonton. I'll give them a call later today. If I get one replaced like the send me a new one is is the same crap or have they improved anything with them? Times like this I wish I bought a Sidewinder
Old 03-16-2009, 01:09 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kukkudo

I bought it from Hobby Wholesale in Edmonton. I'll give them a call later today. If I get one replaced like the send me a new one is is the same crap or have they improved anything with them? Times like this I wish I bought a Sidewinder
Well what did you do to cause it to start smoking?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
kukkudo

Something got screwed up with the day I bought my Lipo. The ESC was flashing and that had something to do with the LVC I am thinking. The person at my hobby shop said to set it to 5.6 but you could go to 6.1,6.2,6.3-7 and I set it to 6.0. I drove it for less the a minute I see a puff of smoke which smelt so bad. Then the next day I took it to another hobby shop because it was cutting out barely ran he took it outside in the air he accelerated it. Then a big amounts of smoke came he told me how this has happened to lots of people. And I should try to phone or call losi/horizon talk to them in a nice tone and tell them you visited a few local hobby shops and have had troubles earlier...
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM
kukkudo

My next idea to do if I get it replaced is for me to install the ESC and have a hobby shop set the LVC etc cause im dont want to screw it up again
Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 PM
garry1970

ORIGINAL: kukkudo

Well I bought my mlst from the same shop and let it be said I've only been back there once in two + years, I go to greart hobbies or hobbyy alley, i've heard that cloud climber is not bad either.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:38 PM
kukkudo

Cloud Climber was the one who smoked it. Great Hobbies is not bad. Hobby wholesale is full of *******s. I called horizon they said to send it in...
Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 AM
sonicj

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Well what did you do to cause it to start smoking?
they smoke if you look at 'em funny!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Evan T.

Why the he11 doesn't Losi fix this problem it's getting really anoying to everyone I mean come on
Old 03-18-2009, 01:45 AM
sonicj

amen brutha!

anyone else have the cool feature where it launches your model off your desk when programming with the aqpc?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

wow seeing this post is a releif, I now see I am not alone in the world of those who have had an excelorin esc burst into flames.... As far as a receipt, none needed, I just spoke to them explained I had driven the vehicle 2 times with the original nicad, and done a little tweaking using the usb interface, and then when I went to run it it got all glitchy and poof huge cloud of smoke. the said send it in, and the engina also so they could test it, I laughed and said good luck, the thing was so hot the case split in two, and the chips fell of the bottom of the circuit board. At that point support began to apologize and said "yeah that ain't right send the whole thing in and we'll replace it". they did however fail to mention that the 8200 kV systems are out of stock till the end of this month. oh well, hopefully it is cuz so many of us have had issues they are re-designing the ESC and making it better!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 AM
sonicj

so did you send the motor back too?

there is a firmware upgrade as of like feb or so. if you have a working 1/18 xcelorin esc that isn't on the latest firmware (C010115), GET IT! its soooo much better! its by far not perfect, in fact, its not even to the level of acceptable imo, but its definitely light years ahead of its predecessor! they tamed the violent MIP destroying braking issues! it may self destruct tomorrow, but at least now it isn't taking out the entire drivetrain in the interim
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
djzachtyler

yep, sent them both in just to be safe. that ESC smoked so bad the chips fell off the bottom of the board, LOL!!! so I figured I'd have them check the engine also. called 2 weeks ago to see what was up, and was informed that they were waiting on new stock to arrive, and that was why my engine was bbeing delayed for return, so I am hoping *fingers crossed* they have remanufactuerd the ESC chipset, and willhave a better esc!

Join me on the new official mini DT thread I started, let's make it grow guys!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 AM
kukkudo

One month goes by and guess what happens. The ESC blows smoke again. This pisses the fuc*** sh** out of me. Im tired of this kind of garbage why dont they fix this problem. Can I get a refund or something cause I hate this.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:50 AM
sonicj

i agree. i would rather have some other losi/horizon product... like a sticker sheet, or maybe some axle nuts! something that doesn't burst into flames and cost me time & money to return every other week!

zach, did you ask if they had any other models (kv) in stock? they offered to swap mine for a lower kv, but after a month of wondering where my bundle was, i called and they said it would be another month. so i told them to just send the same thing i originally sent in and the dude on the phone was like "well we don't normally do that, so don't expect us to do this for you next time." like he was doing me a favor for sending me back the same product i sent them to begin with! lol!

what kinda of dj'ing you do?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
kukkudo

My issue was that it only been two weeks since I got a new one from them. I only ran the car twice before this. Do they give refunds cause I rather have a castle product than this garbage.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 PM
sonicj

two weeks ain't too bad! my first few esc's didn't last 2 runs
Old 04-27-2009, 12:57 AM
djzachtyler

didn't think to ask about a different model, just want the **** I bought replaced... I'm not too picky... If the ESC smokes again, I'll look into another brand ESC, and run the excelorin motor..

I DJ alot of stuff, but haven't played out much lately. Used to be really big in the SF bay area Rave scene, but kinda grew outta the patying and all. now focus on producing and my RC addiction. lol...
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM
djzachtyler

Just an update to any of you who may have been stuck waiting for their smoked ESCs to come off of backorder, I just got off the phone with Losi support, and the brushless systems just came off of back order, and should be shipping out by the end of the week!!! YAY!!!! My DT will be runnning again soon!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:32 AM
kukkudo

I got store credit at my lhs for my Xcelorin system. I didnt want that piece of crap. Castle Creations FTMFW!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 PM
djzachtyler

hey guys just as an update, I just last weekend got my replacement from Losi, works great so far except for the dual slipper I installed slipping wayyyyyy too much for a brushless damn slipper just spins itself silly and I get NOacceleration... Anyways that is a different story, lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.