Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Xray M18T Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM
jjohnson085
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xray M18T Question

Just built the M18T kit and after driving it around a bit with a few jumps, there doesn't seem to be any "bounce" in the shocks, front and rear. If I push down on the back or front, it just stays like that, real low to the ground and doesn't come back up at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Old 04-08-2009, 01:05 AM
DarkHorse

Default RE: Xray M18T Question

The 2 gap shock absorber pistons are quite resistant and the stock springs are quite weak which are normally replaced with N18T black or pack with cable ties for higher ride height. The problem is exaggerated by grit in the suspension ball joints causing a little bit extra friction or drag on the suspension recoil. The pro version has better nickel balls and less prone to wear or wearing the ball sockets on the suspension arms. No biggy but annoying. Check the info and links in the Xray M-18T and M-18MT RTRs! thread .
Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 PM
jjohnson085
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for the info.

I have another question about wheels. I want to use on-road tires. Do I need to get the adapters? I think they are kind of expensive. Hopefully there is other wheels that will fit.

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:23 AM
DarkHorse

I've only used the m18t (stock on-road tires) and larger M18MT (Chevrons better on Thrax pin block) so never tried the 1/10 wheel adapters. There is better selection of tires available now.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Mini_Me

Its better for onroad to use tires more in line with its size. Mini-T and RC18T on-road tires (not rims) work.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Alex73

I have run 1/10 on road wheels using the adapters and recently i thought, as i was not using the off-road tires at all to put them on and give them a go.

I was shocked at how much better the handling was and how much more predictable the car was. 1/10 wheels really muck up the handling i found.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 AM
DarkHorse

Yes, taller wheels giving a higher ride height and too much grip makes the trucks roll/tip over far too easy.