Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

dusting off the Mini-T and RC18t

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:18 PM
schmism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dusting off the Mini-T and RC18t

So my mini's have been sitting in storage for the better part of a couple of years. The wife and i had bought some property, sold the old house (took over a year) finally got moved etc. Long story short they have sat in a tub for alike 2 years now that things are finnally starting to get back to normal i have some time to play with them again AND i have property to run them on (can you say b1tchin track!)

so anyway i got them out and and started going over them and remember i was needing a few things before i put them up. SO i figured 2-3 years have pased sence these things came out the aftermarket parts have to be booming by now.

but allas all the "good" sites seem to have gone... WTH happend to one18th.com?!?!

So what im looking for....

anyone run lipo's with just a brushed motor? Ive already got reedies and am happy there performance with that just want more run time. what a diff 2 years makes in the lipo market. when the RC18t first came out they were still uber expensive and still cutting edge... now everyone seems to sell a lipo pack.

im tired of putting crappy stock stearing servos in my Mini-T i see they finnally released an upgraded stearing servo for like an HS55... but then i have to do a 3-4 wire mod... Nothing wrong with my stock electronics, why spend them money...

Ive worn down my second front pinion gear, it clicks under heavy bashing, looking at it in my hand its obviously worn. Stick to delerin or does someone make some AL gears yet?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: dusting off the Mini-T and RC18t

ORIGINAL: schmism

but allas all the "good" sites seem to have gone... WTH happend to one18th.com?!?!
From what I've gathered, the owner sold the site to Megatech. Megatech really pissed me off after that. They shut down one18th.com and linked the one18th address to their own site on which they had a sign up to be notified "when" one18th was put back online. "Strangley", when someone signs up to be notified, they get spammed by Megatech.

im tired of putting crappy stock stearing servos in my Mini-T i see they finnally released an upgraded stearing servo for like an HS55... but then i have to do a 3-4 wire mod... Nothing wrong with my stock electronics, why spend them money...
Replacing the stock reciever on my mini baja wasn't a hard decision for me. The stock one twitched the servo horribly.

Ive worn down my second front pinion gear, it clicks under heavy bashing, looking at it in my hand its obviously worn. Stick to delerin or does someone make some AL gears yet?
Rc18 pinions also fit the mini-t. Robinson racing's hard anodized alum pinions have worked well for my baja.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 PM
schmism

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder Rc18 pinions also fit the mini-t. Robinson racing's hard anodized alum pinions have worked well for my baja.
you talking about the motor pinions or the diff pinions Im talking about the diff pinion attached to the central 4wd shaft
Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Gex_61

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder Rc18 pinions also fit the mini-t. Robinson racing's hard anodized alum pinions have worked well for my baja.
you talking about the motor pinions or the diff pinions Im talking about the diff pinion attached to the central 4wd shaft
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=RC18T
It's also called an input gear. Get this, and use the input gear with a plastic diff gear; that way everything still operates smoothly. I bought one for the rear of my RC18 since most of the weight is riding on it. Well worth the $14 to me. Make sure your diff is shimmed just right too. I assume you have already done this?

I wasted so much money on those stupid Mini-T servos. Just buy one with metal gears (JR 241mg), and move on. I gladly replaced all of my electronics to get rid of this problem.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
The Mad Modder

Sorry, I thought that you meant the motor pinion.