1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/16th E Revo/Slash VXL Questions

Old 05-17-2009, 12:16 AM
RCcars4me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1/16th E Revo/Slash VXL Questions

I was wondering if I could take out the VXL motor out of my Rustler and put it in the mini E-Revo. Would I be able get a 70 mph mini?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 AM
dacaur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 1/16th E Revo/Slash VXL Questions

no. The 540 motor in the rustler is much bigger and has a difference screw pattern. I have seen adapters to fit a 540 motor in place of a 370, but really, why? can you really control the rustler at 70mph? Do you really NEED that extra 20Mph? The mini e-revo does 50 already on 12 cells.  being shorter and narrower than a rustler, i don't see it being at all controllable at 70...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:41 AM
cobra26

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dacaur

...Do you really NEED that extra 20Mph? The mini e-revo does 50 already on 12 cells. being shorter and narrower than a rustler, i don't see it being at all controllable at 70...
^ ^
I agree. I've been thinking about the 1/16 Traxxas E-Revo and Slash, and think it's a little pie-in-the-sky as I read the forums to believe anyone but the top 1 or 2% of drivers will be able tocontrol them with any expertise at 50 mph. Heck, I even have my doubts at 30 mph. Maybe after mastering them at the out-of-the-box 30 mph (which could take a while), going to the series connector and 50 mph level will prove possible. However, at 70 mph these little cars are are just going to be straight-line dragsters.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:32 PM
FairTax4me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cobra26

ORIGINAL: dacaur

...Do you really NEED that extra 20Mph? The mini e-revo does 50 already on 12 cells. being shorter and narrower than a rustler, i don't see it being at all controllable at 70...

^ ^
I agree. I've been thinking about the 1/16 Traxxas E-Revo and Slash, and think it's a little pie-in-the-sky as I read the forums to believe anyone but the top 1 or 2% of drivers will be able tocontrol them with any expertise at 50 mph. Heck, I even have my doubts at 30 mph. Maybe after mastering them at the out-of-the-box 30 mph (which could take a while), going to the series connector and 50 mph level will prove possible. However, at 70 mph these little cars are are just going to be straight-line dragsters.
x2, assuming that it will even make it to 70 without just flipping on its lid.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:13 AM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

neu motors... 1107 series,, if it will fit sould make it go faster than the vxl motor..  assuming that you are gonna use a 3s lipo..

have fun