Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 12:46 AM
gforce2148

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

A few of us actually race our Mervs on local dirt tracks. I have mine setup only for that purpose and others have as well. The track I race at is made for 1/10 scale but it handles great out there. If you look through the Mini Revothread here, you will find what everyone is running for setups. If you have any questions just ask, someone will surely answer.

The main thing is upgrading your suspension to handle and perform better. The stock setup has alot of "slop". Also going withdifferent tires/wheels...the most common is probably the Proline Dirt Hawgs, although some are using others. If you go to a larger tire like the Dirt Hawgs you will have to change the gearing and go with a smaller pinion so you don't have heat issues. Also, a smaller pinion will give you more power as you won't need the top speed on the dirt track. I am currently running a 20T in my Merv.

That should get you started. Again if you have any questions just ask. Good luck!!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:05 AM
k20man

ok thanks gforce2148 , well firt thing is tires and suspention, because i m should this car has a lots of power, what other then dirt hawgs tires choise do I have? suspention i was thinking on rpm arm and gtr shocks (dont know what springs) any other info be realy helpfull .. I dont want to waste money on things I wond need. thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 AM
vierzwanzig

ORIGINAL: gforce2148

Its not the aluminum rod part that is breaking. It's the plastic ends they have on them. They disform and/or break easy during normal usage.

I did see on Ebay some HR toe links that were completely aluminum, even the ends. Has anyone tried these out?
Are these the rod ends that will fit our trx aluminum rods?

www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/14864/n/Traxxas-Short-Rod-Ends-With-Hollow-Balls-6

Old 04-12-2010, 02:28 AM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

Hey guys. As you know, I'm trying to sell my extra mamba monster and 2200kv brushless motor that comes stock in the brushless e-revo (BERV as I like to call it). Well some one wants to trade me his traxxas 4-tec 3.3 for it. He says his is brand new never ran, bought it and upgraded everything but decided they wanted to sell it new before they drive it an cause anything to go wrong. The thing is, he has close to 500 invested, and he's wanting to do a straight up trade for my 300 castle system.

Sounds shady, but he does have all positive feedback on everything. He's asking 400, but I'm sure he would take 300 for it, since he's willing to make the trade.

Your thoughts? I've never dealt with nitro before.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:23 AM
hghflyrjd1

i wouldnt buy any nitro without being able to see it run and all that.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 AM
z33guru

Don't do it unless you have a huge, open flat space to play with. I have one and its a blast but I don't use it much because of this. There isn't really enough room to drive it around in front of your house in the street (too fast) and if the ground is not perfectly smooth, the underside will scrape all over the pavement. I'd say the value is probably fair, you can get them gently used for about $250 so if your castle system cost you $300 new they should be in ballpark.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 AM
hghflyrjd1

oh i thought this was the revo nitro YEA those street cars suck unless u have a nice clean huge lot to run it on I have the hpi rs4 evo3 and the chassis is mad scraped up i have a replacement but its a pain to replace.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Topplayer
My Feedback: (1)

k20man what kind of k20 do you have? i got the k20z3 with all the goodies its up to 296hp :-)
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

Old 04-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Topplayer
My Feedback: (1)

lol just tryin to keep it friendly.

I installed my tbr front bumper last week and have taken the merv out a few times since, definitely a worth while mod. I bent a traxxas push rod a few weeks back it has since been replaced. With the TBR front bumper I think the front is more than protected! 
Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 PM
gforce2148

I am not sure but really would like to know. Iseen those at Amainhobbies as well but weren't sure as I thoughtall Traxxas part numbers for their 1/16 stuff started with 7xxx. Even those say they are the smaller rod ends they could be for 1/10 vehicles.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

I was disapointed in traxxas, as Isent in an ESC and toe-link to have warrantied. Iwas told the toe-link wasn't under warranty, but I expected to get it back, but never did.

Today I called in when I saw those replacement ends for sale, because I wanted my aluminum piece back. I only had 3 since I sent one in!

I talked to the guy, and he told me they werent under warranty. I told him I was aware, but they kept my aluminum piece after i sent it in,which shocked him. He got me a new set shipped to my house today, and a set of replcement ends. I told him i'd pay for the replacement ends, and just need one aluminum part, but I got it all, free. Well worth the wait in my opinion. I've been using the stock ones since I have a bunch of them, but I would like some adjustablily.

Thanks traxxas!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM
hghflyrjd1

traxxas has replaced many UPGRAdE PARTS FOR ME. i have no issue with them at all they r quick to send replacements out.for me at least.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:09 PM
hghflyrjd1

ORIGINAL: Topplayer

lol just tryin to keep it friendly.

I installed my tbr front bumper last week and have taken the merv out a few times since, definitely a worth while mod. I bent a traxxas push rod a few weeks back it has since been replaced. With the TBR front bumper I think the front is more than protected!

Cant wait to get mine in the mail Any day now..But im gonna wait to run it till i put the all new diffs and bulkheads FREE from traxxas..lol
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
honda2237

so, i am probably going to sell my truck, its like a giant money hole, don't get me wrong its an amazing truck but i don't have the money to keep repairing it or upgrading it. Basically this is my parts list that i would need to get it up to par:
All 4 knuckles
1 driveshaft
1 diff (who knows how long until the other one wears out)
push rods
turnbuckles
1 wing

I have always tried to keep my trucks in tip-top shape and i can't stand having to keep putting money in to them, that is why i got out of minis in the first place, this truck seems to be no different. Its a great truck out of the box but give it a couple of months and you either need to do a bunch of repairs or upgrades do to the fact that everything wears out. sorry just had to vent, kind of mad.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:32 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

ORIGINAL: honda2237

so, i am probably going to sell my truck, its like a giant money hole, don't get me wrong its an amazing truck but i don't have the money to keep repairing it or upgrading it. Basically this is my parts list that i would need to get it up to par:
All 4 knuckles
1 driveshaft
push rods
turnbuckles
1 wing

I have always tried to keep my trucks in tip-top shape and i can't stand having to keep putting money in to them, that is why i got out of minis in the first place, this truck seems to be no different. Its a great truck out of the box but give it a couple of months and you either need to do a bunch of repairs or upgrades do to the fact that everything wears out. sorry just had to vent, kind of mad.

Crashing less frequently cuts the repair bills tremendously.

General bashing, enough to tear up a wing, should be filed under user-abuse and/or user-error.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 PM
honda2237

ORIGINAL: DettaSCT

All 4 knuckles
1 driveshaft
push rods
turnbuckles
1 wing

General bashing, enough to tear up a wing, should be filed under user-abuse and/or user-error.
Thanks, i know all about that, but thats not this case. The only jump i have now is a black ramp, and i don't use that much at all. The wing isn't a big deal, i just added that to the parts list. I just do bashing now, but its very light(running in the dirt drive way, the dirt road, or the big open dirt area in the field.). Trust me, like two years ago, i would completely under stand it breaking since at my old place i used to have a BMX track in my back yard and i would launch my trucks easily over 15' and about 10' in the air (lst handled that jump with no problem). It feels like all i am doing now is beginner driving and its falling apart.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
z33guru

Thats interesting. I consider my mini revo the most durable machine I own.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
honda2237

ya i know, my most durable was my xxx-T MF2 with a mamba and 3s. I could jump that thing so far and not break a single thing. i miss that car and sold it so cheap, it was a sweet car.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
z33guru

When you say you need to replace the diffs, what constitutes a broken diff? Are they clicking and popping and slowing the truck down? Running 3S or 2S?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:24 PM
honda2237

well they start by clicking then i just run them until they go out completely. I am running 2s, and i don't beat on them that bad like a lot of people do.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
z33guru

Thats a shame. Do you run in alot of dirty terrain? I've never had any diff problems with mine and I bash at least once a week. Maybe the first one was bad luck and after that it was just a setup problem....I know at least in real cars, diff setup is a precise thing and if you don't get it right they'll go out in a hurry. Just a thought.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
honda2237

just really dusty dirt. They seem to be set up fine it just takes that one hit and its done.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:10 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

All 4 knuckles
1 driveshaft
push rods
turnbuckles
1 wing

Thanks, i know all about that, but thats not this case. The only jump i have now is a black ramp, and i don't use that much at all. The wing isn't a big deal, i just added that to the parts list. I just do bashing now, but its very light(running in the dirt drive way, the dirt road, or the big open dirt area in the field.). Trust me, like two years ago, i would completely under stand it breaking since at my old place i used to have a BMX track in my back yard and i would launch my trucks easily over 15' and about 10' in the air (lst handled that jump with no problem). It feels like all i am doing now is beginner driving and its falling apart.

I find that hard to believe.
I've been racing RC cars for years, and short of something that's my fault I've really never seen anything that broke just because.
I raced two classes all winter indoor offroad on carpeted concrete, with hard track barriers, and broke two parts all year, and that was because I hit something going wide open.
At the same time I see/hear a lot of people that run on dirt that don't maintain their cars/trucks, and they have all sorts of issues due to neglect.
But I've never seen a car self-explode or fall apart on its own.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
honda2237

All 4 knuckles
1 driveshaft
push rods
turnbuckles
1 wing

I find that hard to believe.
I've been racing RC cars for years, and short of something that's my fault I've really never seen anything that broke just because.
I raced two classes all winter indoor offroad on carpeted concrete, with hard track barriers, and broke two parts all year, and that was because I hit something going wide open.
At the same time I see/hear a lot of people that run on dirt that don't maintain their cars/trucks, and they have all sorts of issues due to neglect.
But I've never seen a car self-explode or fall apart on its own.
You can find it hard to believe, but i too have been in to rc cars for 7 years now, so i have plenty of experience. If you may note a majority of the parts i am talking about are plastic, and plastic does wear out. A car can be spotless after each run but that still won't make a huge difference in plastic bowing and wearing like all the push rods and turnbuckles. The bowing is caused by the constant pushing and pulling from the shocks, taking turning and the many movements that are caused by the truck itself and the imperfections of the surface you are driving on. Dirt is a lot hard on parts then carpet since dirt doesn't make a good lubricant and finds its way in to many parts of the car, where carpet is pretty clean. I have always tried to keep my trucks clean (i say try because not always did i clean my trucks after a day of running, since i was going out the next day to drive it, i know it wasn't the best but my lst and xxx-t were perfectly fine and built strong, i mean i didn't drive my lst for almost a year and it only took about 30 seconds of my roto-start and the engine fired right up, and the truck drove perfect) and i always pushed that on to my friends because i ended up being the only person with a lot of experience so i had to fix their trucks. I wasn't saying the car would self-explode but infact they can wear out since a majority of the parts are bendy plastic. Sorry about the lengthy paragraph but i thought i would clean things up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.