Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
z33guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

I wasn't calling you out man, just surprised. Maybe you just got a lemon. Sell it on fleabay and get another. [8D]
Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 PM
honda2237

sorry that was for detta, not you. i know you weren't calling me out, i thank you for your help. i hate selling things on ebay, that is probably my best choice, but i could try craigslist.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
z33guru

I know what you mean. It's a pain in the butt. For that reason I have a big pile of ebay crap in the corner of my office taking up a good bit of space, including my barely used dx3s.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:03 PM
hghflyrjd1

Yea man i feel you i have a new MERV used like 2 packs total and tons in upgrades.My diffs keep going BUT i know it can be fixed not a GIVE it UP issue.Also i dont have the UPGRADED bulkheads so IM waiting on those..ANyone Shimm there diffs if so Pics of where u place em Besides behind the pinion.I know there only needed if there is slack BUt i tried putting one behind the bigger gear inside each side but even with just one on one side it was to tight.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

ORIGINAL: honda2237

sorry that was for detta, not you. i know you weren't calling me out, i thank you for your help. i hate selling things on ebay, that is probably my best choice, but i could try craigslist.
OK, I won't take offense, I just think people often expect too much of these cars and trucks and have expectations beyond reality.
Like I said before, if you crash you break. If you don't maintain it, stuff wears prematurely. And if you don't take care of it, you can tons of issues.
Seems like I read these threads and the list of stuff people say they've broken in a month or so exceeds what I've bought in the last 10 years. Just doesn't make sense. The manufacturers have long made so many of these parts out of plastic because the stuff does flex instead of bend, and it's cheap to replace if it breaks. I have a buddy that's had a Mini Revo for almost a year, bashes it during the week and races it almost every weekend and he like bragging about how bulletproof it is.

I guess it just comes down that some people aren't cut out for this hobby. Sorry.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
hghflyrjd1

ORIGINAL: DettaSCT

OK, I won't take offense, I just think people often expect too much of these cars and trucks and have expectations beyond reality.
Like I said before, if you crash you break. If you don't maintain it, stuff wears prematurely. And if you don't take care of it, you can tons of issues.
Seems like I read these threads and the list of stuff people say they've broken in a month or so exceeds what I've bought in the last 10 years. Just doesn't make sense. The manufacturers have long made so many of these parts out of plastic because the stuff does flex instead of bend, and it's cheap to replace if it breaks. I have a buddy that's had a Mini Revo for almost a year, bashes it during the week and races it almost every weekend and he like bragging about how bulletproof it is.

I guess it just comes down that some people aren't cut out for this hobby. Sorry.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$..LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
honda2237

I never expect to much out of the trucks, they are rc cars, that is what people have to remember. The thing you have to remember is your running on carpet like you said, now that is a pretty soft landing compared to hard packed dirt, so ya i guess i wouldn't expect a carpet racer to break that much, well i guess they do have the problem of removing all the strains around the axle. Plastic is an amazing thing, but should be particular where you put it and how strong you want to make it, plastic can be made to be brittle or very bendy. It is cheaper, than metal but not as strong. I am not saying this truck can't take some serious hits, trust me i know, i said thing are wearing out.

ya some people can't do it, that is why my friend got out, But there is a lot of people that try to act like a know it all but in fact only know about one circumstance, and only have references to the actual item being addressed.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:23 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

I need some help!

Here's my dillemna - I have the traxxas Link 2.4GHz transmitter and 3 seperate link receivers. I have been able to "bind" the two different 5Ch link receivers i have, but have not had success binding the 4CH one??? I have tried everything. I know the receiver comes on and everything, so i assume its not bad; but you never know. Has anyone run into one of these situations? I know the Transmitter isnt full - its brand new and only 2 receivers have been linked to it.

If anyone has any ideas, i'm open to them

Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

The thing you have to remember is your running on carpet like you said, now that is a pretty soft landing compared to hard packed dirt, so ya i guess i wouldn't expect a carpet racer to break that much, well i guess they do have the problem of removing all the strains around the axle.
ya some people can't do it, that is why my friend got out, But there is a lot of people that try to act like a know it all but in fact only know about one circumstance, and only have references to the actual item being addressed.
Since you have no experience running offroad on carpet it is apparent that you don't understand that it is the hardest surface run on, 1/8th of an inch of carpet doesn't really cushion the landing much to the concrete underneath. Add to that hard, no flex, barriers and lane borders. Much tougher on the equipment. Dirt and flexy border pipe is like marshmellows in comparison. Plus, I never said I run carpet exclusively. Maybe it time you widen your horizons and experiences so as to base an informed opinion.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:32 PM
honda2237

The thing you have to remember is your running on carpet like you said, now that is a pretty soft landing compared to hard packed dirt, so ya i guess i wouldn't expect a carpet racer to break that much, well i guess they do have the problem of removing all the strains around the axle.
Since you have no experience running offroad on carpet it is apparent that you don't understand that it is the hardest surface run on, 1/8th of an inch of carpet doesn't really cushion the landing much to the concrete underneath. Add to that hard, no flex, barriers and lane borders. Much tougher on the equipment. Dirt and flexy border pipe is like marshmellows in comparison. Plus, I never said I run carpet exclusively. Maybe it time you widen your horizons and experiences so as to base an informed opinion.
actually I do, my local place converted from dirt to carpet on their indoor track, and I wasn't talking about racing outdoors since now my local hobby shop closed the outdoor track like 3 years ago due to sound. The carpet is softer, trust me I have tested both setups with my face(both hurt, but I would prefer the carpet.) carpet will always be a softer material then hard packed dirt. Your last statement can be said to you, and don't assume until you know. [>:]
Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 AM
J0EC00L

Wow! MERV Wars... It's a war on the shore(!)

now as you all lay down your bayonets and samurais. I'd like some one to focus on my question regarding the 2.4 GHz Link. I am not able to bind my 4ch link reciever to my link transmitter. Please read my dillemna question I posted two paragraphs up.

Thanks.

I revert to a quote I once heard - "it's unfortunate that we are sometimes forced to respect stupidity."

Stay Classy Merv Boards
Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 AM
brianjskora

joe, are they all traxxas "link" receivers?

if so, When I binded one of mine, I basically had to touch the tx and rx antennas, and it worked. Try that
Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 AM
honda2237

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Wow! MERV Wars... It's a war on the shore(!)

now as you all lay down your bayonets and samurais. I'd like some one to focus on my question regarding the 2.4 GHz Link. I am not able to bind my 4ch link reciever to my link transmitter. Please read my dillemna question I posted two paragraphs up.

Thanks.

I revert to a quote I once heard - ''it's unfortunate that we are sometimes forced to respect stupidity.''

Stay Classy Merv Boards
i like the last statement. It is very true, don't you learn from your own stupidity? i know i have after a broken collar bone, fingers, ankle, and femur, well sorta learned since i am still riding.

now your problem, since this is a merv forum, try what brian said because maybe the 4ch is just being fussy. it is possible that the receiver could be broken but unlikely. Is there anyway to erase the memory on the controller? if there is try erasing it then binding it with the 4ch first then do the rest, really shouldn't make a difference but its worth a try when nothing else works.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 AM
z33guru

Maybe its not a link rx....Can you post pics of both types of rx? Haven't seen a 4ch link one yet.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

actually I do, my local place converted from dirt to carpet on their indoor track, and I wasn't talking about racing outdoors since now my local hobby shop closed the outdoor track like 3 years ago due to sound. The carpet is softer, trust me I have tested both setups with my face(both hurt, but I would prefer the carpet.) carpet will always be a softer material then hard packed dirt. Your last statement can be said to you, and don't assume until you know. [>:]

lol, LOL, rofl, ROFLOL ................................. OK, yeah, sure, you betcha
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
honda2237

lol, LOL, rofl, ROFLOL ................................. OK, yeah, sure, you betcha
your kind of like that annoying little kid that has nothing better to do than sit around and argue with people on a forum. Because clearly if you would read post, then you would realize that all i said was that the PLASTIC parts wear out, not break[X(]. If you would have read other post you would also know that this is a common problem, why do you think everyone upgraded??? but they still are having problems with the plastic ends wearing on them. so why don't you not post anything untill you have something useful to say. I end it at that because i am not going to sit around and argue about something that is so far off my beginning statement.

Keep us updated joe, i hope it works.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 AM
hghflyrjd1

Oh come on u guys..If the KID(man?) wants to bash his truck with stock parts and then wonder why stuff goes.Then let him spend his mommies money(Mans Money) more untill he sees the light and UPGRADES like MOST here have done to an extent.If u drive the truck carefully and not REALLY HAVE FUN with it yea these stock parts MIGHT not break or wear out AS FAST.Once u start going alil crazy then really crazy with ANY lil RC car truck etc ****S gonna break expect it deal with it IF not dont bring the TEARS hear and then not accept peoples advise and opinions and take them as insults or bashing.take it how it is only you know what you can deal with.

AND DONT start quoting me Im done with this part of the thread.

Anyway Who shims there diffs where do u put your shim?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
hghflyrjd1

Ok i have this headlight and tallights for my mini rs4 awhile back and never used em can i use these on the MERV how can u wire it up or do i need to change the plugs

ANd i installed the TBONE front Thrasher Bumper.Looks sick and will surely shield the front end alot more.

HEY JOECOOL u might know Dont they make some lil mounts or houseings for led headlights on this bumper?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47943.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1417379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66665.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1417380  
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

ORIGINAL: hghflyrjd1

Oh come on u guys..If the KID(man?) wants to bash his truck with stock parts and then wonder why stuff goes.Then let him spend his mommies money(Mans Money) more untill he sees the light and UPGRADES like MOST here have done to an extent.If u drive the truck carefully and not REALLY HAVE FUN with it yea these stock parts MIGHT not break or wear out AS FAST.Once u start going alil crazy then really crazy with ANY lil RC car truck etc ****S gonna break expect it deal with it IF not dont bring the TEARS hear and then not accept peoples advise and opinions and take them as insults or bashing.take it how it is only you know what you can deal with.
+1

your kind of like that annoying little kid that has nothing better to do than sit around and argue with people on a forum. Because clearly if you would read post, then you would realize that all i said was that the PLASTIC parts wear out, not break[X(]. If you would have read other post you would also know that this is a common problem, why do you think everyone upgraded??? but they still are having problems with the plastic ends wearing on them. so why don't you not post anything untill you have something useful to say. I end it at that because i am not going to sit around and argue about something that is so far off my beginning statement.
You're kind of like that annoying little girl that has nothing better to do than find some reason to complain about everything. Wear, break, what-EVER. You're still complaining. Instead of complaining, sell off your stuff and get out of the hobby you're apparently having too hard of a time being able to afford being involved in. I hear needlepoint is fun. It seems that all the newbies that want to buy RTRs are all of the same mindset, and always log into forums complaining about the equipment while ignoring what they did to precipitate the resultant damage. I end it at that because I am not going to sit around and argue about something you fail to get.

Let's stop the complaining about little stuff, and get back to realistic questions and queries.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
honda2237

Keep us updated joe, i hope it works.
You're kind of like that annoying little girl that has nothing better to do than find some reason to complain about everything. Wear, break, what-EVER. You're still complaining. Instead of complaining, sell off your stuff and get out of the hobby you're apparently having too hard of a time being able to afford being involved in. I hear needlepoint is fun. It seems that all the newbies that want to buy RTRs are all of the same mindset, and always log into forums complaining about the equipment while ignoring what they did to precipitate the resultant damage. I end it at that because I am not going to sit around and argue about something you fail to get.
sorry, i am not going to keep argueing, i just had a huge paragraph typed for you but its not worth it, since this still has nothing to do with my first post and were just taking hits at each other, and plus either your not smart enough or just not thinking, but plastic does wear out, even traxxas admitted that the knuckles would need to be replaced. actually now adays, RTR are almost as good as kits, back in the day, nothing compared to a kit. You might say that its because i don't take care of my cars, but i do and it really doesn't matter until you actually see it, or where i am driving at, then you would probably understand. SO good day, and go find someone else to argue with.

highflyer, i thought about the lights too, but i didn't know how they would look. You have to post pictures when they are hooked up.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 AM
hghflyrjd1

I think i seen a picture of someone with em online and the round led housing screws to the bumper holding the headlight
Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

sorry, i am not going to keep argueing, i just had a huge paragraph typed for you but its not worth it, since this still has nothing to do with my first post and were just taking hits at each other, and plus either your not smart enough or just not thinking, but plastic does wear out, even traxxas admitted that the knuckles would need to be replaced. actually now adays, RTR are almost as good as kits, back in the day, nothing compared to a kit. You might say that its because i don't take care of my cars, but i do and it really doesn't matter until you actually see it, or where i am driving at, then you would probably understand. SO good day, and go find someone else to argue with.
WOW, plastic wears. What a concept. Real car, rc car, everything wears parts.
At this point I'll summise that you also turned me into the mods, so my posts will soon be gone, for complaining about you complaining about PLASTIC.

Maybe what this hobby should do is start making all-titanium cars and charge the appropriate $1000-&-up for them and then people will stop complaining. But then again they'd still find something whine-worthy, so this hobby will still go down its current road of being hell in a handbasket.

Have a grate day
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 AM
honda2237

WOW, plastic wears. What a concept. Real car, rc car, everything wears parts.
At this point I'll summise that you also turned me into the mods, so my posts will soon be gone, for complaining about you complaining about PLASTIC.

Maybe what this hobby should do is start making all-titanium cars and charge the appropriate $1000-&-up for them and then people will stop complaining. But then again they'd still find something whine-worthy, so this hobby will still go down its current road of being hell in a handbasket.

Have a grate day
ya a hard concept, but you were argueing that the plastic was wearing because i didn't take care of it, but really its just the constant pushing and pulling of the shocks and wheels and turns. Why would i turn you in to the mods, i still think were cool, i'm the type that loves to butt heads so it doesn't bother me, heck all my family does(my girlfriend hates that). All i wish was the turnbuckles were a stronger made plastic so they didn't strech out as much. I have seen the all metal cars, i would be to affraid to drive it, i would cry if i put a single scratch on it. SO we are cool, no hard feeling. PS i use to tell my friend to shut up everytime he complained when it broke because he ran it in to cars, launch it off of 2 stacked ramps in the middle of the road going full throttle, ect...... This is by far better than most minis, the rc18t was a great truck but not a great off road vehicle, the lst on the other hand was sweet but i would blow the diffs out with the wrath motor.

Just out of question, do they still make the wrath motor? would that work for this truck?

Highflyer, did you get them off the toyz? i saw the bumper that held the lights but it didn't seem to be as protective as the stock or the one you have.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
gforce2148

What I love the best is the "experts" that have a brother that has a friend who knows a dude that has a Mini-Revo.  They know everything about Mervs!  I thought these threads were for R/C enthusiast who either own that particular R/C or are interested in getting one.  Not people who like to jack them.  LOL!

I am keeping my Merv for now and will keep it maintain as best as I can so I can race it at the track that I enjoy doing.  For now I am "officially" done with this Mini Revo thread.  I will seek my knowledge elsewhere.

Good luck everyone!

GForce signing off!  [8D]
Old 04-13-2010, 11:51 AM
hghflyrjd1

I ordered em from towerhobbies like 2 years ago almost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.