Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 02:08 AM
fox23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

is that a spektrum cap?
Old 07-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Thomas P

NOpe, i bought a "simular" @the elctrical store, not sure how many microfarad, i can check it later this day
Old 07-04-2009, 04:30 AM
JDALY

Just wondering is there any difference between these two ZIPPY and turnigy 2200 2S 20C batteries? Also what would be an appropriate charger for these? And im planning on running these in parrellel but im unsure what connection options ive got? what should i get?
Help realy would be appriciated, Thanks!

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...00mAh_2S1P_20C

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._20C_Lipo_Pack
Old 07-04-2009, 09:29 AM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: JDALY

Just wondering is there any difference between these two ZIPPY and turnigy 2200 2S 20C batteries? Also what would be an appropriate charger for these? And im planning on running these in parrellel but im unsure what connection options ive got? what should i get?

I have no experience with the Turnigy 2200's, but I do run the Zippy Flightmax 2200's. My guess is that there's little to no difference in performance between the two.

As for a charger, I have heard some great things about this one from HobbyCity and it could ship with your batteries: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7028 You can certainly spend a lot more for a charger, but why do it if you don't need to?

Good luck with whatever you choose...
Old 07-04-2009, 09:41 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: dacaur

PrjctStrtFrce - Yes, hooking anything up to the 3rd or 4th channel will just have it on at all times

And about the pinion, yes also, but it would overheat the motor and ESC in a hurry, the ''speed gear'' is actually a smaller pinion, which would be slower if run on the same voltage as the stock pinion. The reason for it is that at higher voltages with the stock pinion, the truck would be overgeared and would pull too many amps. Its not just like that with this truck, any brushless setup is like that. If you volt up a lot, you need to gear down to keep the amp draw in check.

jaejw1 - what bandaid are you talking about? The stock motor is all the truck needs and more. With ANY brushless setup you need to gear down when you double the voltage, it doesn't matter how big a motor you have...
Thanks

I didn't think of it like that. I just figured that the taller gearing itself would overheat the motor, not that it draws more amps. I still have a lot to learn with electrics

So the stock gearing would be alright if the temperatures are just monitored and if it's run on smooth flat surfaces? As long as the temperatures would be cool, then everything *should* be ok, right? Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but speed runs and some moderate cruising is all that I am going to do with this thing for the most part and I want to make sure that I won't be hurting it in the long run. I will be getting some sort of heat sink and fan shortly.

If 50+mph is the advertised speed for the "speed gear," then what would the approximate speed be with the stock gear and two batteries?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 AM
fox23

ORIGINAL: cobra26

I have no experience with the Turnigy 2200's, but I do run the Zippy Flightmax 2200's. My guess is that there's little to no difference in performance between the two.

As for a charger, I have heard some great things about this one from HobbyCity and it could ship with your batteries: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7028 You can certainly spend a lot more for a charger, but why do it if you don't need to?

Good luck with whatever you choose...
just dont forget you need to buy a power supply with that charger if you want to run it in your house off wall power.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 AM
andrewmac

I tried to put my DX3R in my Mini E Revo and it did the same thing that you're describing. It seem to do OK with the Spektrum with 1 Nimh bat, but with 2 it really seemed to have a mind of its own. I sent it back to HH for a checkup, but that was before I read the posts about the Capacitors. A Main carries them for Spektrum radios (part # spm1600) .Hopefully this will cure the problem....
Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 AM
fox23

ya from testing mine out more last night i think it only does it with two nimhs in series because i cant get it to do anything weird with just one lipo, but i havent tried it with just one nimh since the first time i drove it so im going to give that a shot today and see what happens. i also just ordered one of those spektrum caps so once i get that in im sure it will help out.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
MuggyDude

On the traxxas forums a guy made a sick project with a Nue motor. Check it out.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Aloha Flyer

Agree with cobra26....Not much difference in performance between the two batteries. However, I would choose the Flight Max since it would fit better in the battery compartment. By my measurements earlier on this thread, 104mm for length is max. Turnigy is 105mm. You could squeeze 1mm but it sounds like you may need some drameling for the wires.

ORIGINAL: andrewmac
I tried to put my DX3R in my Mini E Revo and it did the same thing that you're describing. It seem to do OK with the Spektrum with 1 Nimh bat, but with 2 it really seemed to have a mind of its own. I sent it back to HH for a checkup, but that was before I read the posts about the Capacitors. A Main carries them for Spektrum radios (part # spm1600) .Hopefully this will cure the problem....
fox23 & andrewmac have convinced me to stick with FUTABA for surface vehicles. Too much fuss for a solution Spektrum should have incorporated in their receivers a while back!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Aloha Flyer

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

Get me a link. And.....that's Steve Neu
Old 07-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Thomas P

way to overpowered but cool anyway

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=482348
Old 07-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Aloha Flyer

ORIGINAL: Thomas P

way to overpowered but cool anyway

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=482348
A crazy project! Saw the video on YouTube. He can only do half throttle before it tops out in a roof slide. Once Traxxas comes out with a competent wheeliebar for this thing and people learn how to use their EXPO, your gonna see some real speed![X(]
Old 07-04-2009, 02:07 PM
fox23

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

ya i stumbled upon that yesterday, pretty sweet set up. but im not convinced that its faster than stock, its hard to tell in videos without actually driving the truck.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Luvs2Bash

Haha, people that want a more powerful motor in these crack me up. Makes no sense to me, especially since he just wants to bash it. I do want to get those wheels and tires though...
Old 07-04-2009, 02:42 PM
KRO

I have been using my DX3.0 in several different cars (nitro and electric) and have never had it lose signal before ....
Old 07-04-2009, 03:01 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: KRO

I have been using my DX3.0 in several different cars (nitro and electric) and have never had it lose signal before ....
Same here, Ive even cut my antenna wire in half and never lost a signal.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:36 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: Aloha Flyer

fox23 & andrewmac have convinced me to stick with FUTABA for surface vehicles. Too much fuss for a solution Spektrum should have incorporated in their receivers a while back!
The problem isn't the radio, its the crappy bec in the ESC. Also keep in mind that Futaba 2.4 RX's have been known to overheat and shut down in enclosed reciver boxes. Ive never had a problem with ant of my spectrum setups, surface or air.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:48 PM
jaejw1

jaejw1 - what bandaid are you talking about? The stock motor is all the truck needs and more. With ANY brushless setup you need to gear down when you double the voltage, it doesn't matter how big a motor you have...
a larger morepowerful motor will stay much cooler at any given gearing... instead it seem that ppl would rather add more to the vehicle to keep the stock motor cooler during operations..

Old 07-04-2009, 06:10 PM
MuggyDude

My motor and ESC crapped on me, I was just driving around when it seemed the temp protection kicked in. Later a tried to run it and it's all stuutering and caught up, plus there's no reverse, it just makes a whining sound. I'm kind of pissed, but at least I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks so hopefully it will be here when i get back. This is why I would trust Traxxas to get a truck before all the bugs are worked out, because their customer service is so good.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Aloha Flyer

ORIGINAL: Aloha Flyer

The problem isn't the radio, its the crappy bec in the ESC. Also keep in mind that Futaba 2.4 RX's have been known to overheat and shut down in enclosed reciver boxes. Ive never had a problem with ant of my spectrum setups, surface or air.
So it sounds like the people who are having Specktrum interference problems should change out their Traxxas ESC? You maybe right but then their should be other Futaba owners that have the same problem.....Don't see them. Hitec.....don't see them.....Losi.....nope just fine!

Let me go back to my little corner and make sure my Futaba receiver does not overheat in my E-Revo VXL and 6S E-Revo[]
Old 07-04-2009, 08:39 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

...here's a retarded question...how do you take the wheels off? The nuts are the same as my on-road, but the hex won't fit into the hole, so what are you guys using to take the nuts off?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:12 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

...here's a retarded question...how do you take the wheels off? The nuts are the same as my on-road, but the hex won't fit into the hole, so what are you guys using to take the nuts off?
Hahahahaha im sorry, but should you even be RCing? Use the wheel wrench that came with your kit.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:15 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

errrrrrrrrr drrrrrrrrrr! Knew I was missing something!

I even have a few of those from my Savages...just didn't think of them. Thanks for filling in some common sense for me.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 AM
TRXRUSTLER
My Feedback: (7)

My EREVO pics! I am using an 1800mah 15c 3s lipo from my plane, it just bearly fits but it works. The only thing that I don't like is that the balance lead hangs out of the battery box, but its the only 3s lipo I have that will fit.

The battery: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1031
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99203.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1229937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77565.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1229938  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.