Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Try reprograming your receiver and esc and see if that fixes your problem. Use the steps in the manual. They are probably using lipos with a stock setup. I never could wheelie my Merv until I used lipos.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Nitronix

I tried to rebind it but both the transmitter and receiver stayed blinking red???
Old 06-26-2011, 06:22 PM
mk2hhb4

Ok here goes. Igot my revo vxl last week and called maxamps to make me two 3S 11.1V 1850mah 100C batts to run in parallel for longer run time. Iwent out and bought a double traxxas connector and it clearly says on the label its a parallel connector. Went down to the local track yesterday and the car was getting super hot after 5-10 min of running. A guy came up to me and he sounded like he knew what he was talking about and told me Iprob had it set up as series connection and thats why it was getting to hot because it was getting 22.2V. Iwill be honest and say Ihave no clue. Is this the case and how can Itell if its series or parallel? Ijust wanted the longer run time with the lipos so Iwent with two. Max amps said Iwas good but now Im concerened. Idont want to burn up the motor or ESC.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:38 PM
trickle007

did you change the pinion gear? Traxxas gives you an high speed pinion to replace if your going to run 3s. If you did not replace that pinion your going to run hot. I doubt you are running 6s cause you probally fry the esc if you even tried it.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:55 PM
mk2hhb4

ORIGINAL: trickle007

did you change the pinion gear? Traxxas gives you an high speed pinion to replace if your going to run 3s. If you did not replace that pinion your going to run hot. I doubt you are running 6s cause you probally fry the esc if you even tried it.
Yeah Ichanged it. Its still hot.. thats why Iwas curious.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:02 PM
trickle007

I only run 2s so I can not advice further. But I have read that 3s does get hot, Hopefully some of the others who run 3s will chime in and tell you how to keep temps down.... also is it just getting hot or is it shutting down?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:23 AM
mk2hhb4

Thanks....Its not shutting down. Just getting hot. Igot a temp gun. Now Ijust need to know what temp to keep it below so Iknow Im good.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 AM
mk2hhb4

Icalled traxxas about the heat issue and told them what Iwas running...23pinion 45spur. He suggested a 18 pinion 50-55 spur. Iam not sure what that combo will do to my speed but he said that should help the heat issue. so anybody running different gears with a 3S lipo without heat issues let me know... Thanks, Henry
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM
gforce2448

It will surely reduce your top speed. The larger the spur or smaller the pinion reduces the speed. Which with that gear combo you are doing both. I don't run 3S in my Merv, only 2S so can't say which gear ratio would work best for your setup.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
mk2hhb4

Well Ihad it a week so far without any problems and love it. Looking for a little tech support. As of a few minutes ago It started making a cliking noise as you take off. It still runs good but the first two feet at take off it clicks and then goes away. Anybody else experience this problem and can tell me what to do. Ipulled off the gear cover and everything looks good? Does it sound like the sliper clutch or maybe a differential? Any help would be great.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:14 PM
a.style

clicking from what I have heard usually is the diff ring gear. Have a look at the teeth on your differential, if you see some wear replace and shim it, although it does sound odd after only a week, what setup are you running?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 PM
mk2hhb4

Stock car with the 23t pinion and 3S lipo. Iwas dreading you say the differential. Iwatched a video on repair it and the whole darn car has to be taken apart for that. This sucks. Iwas hoping it was something easy like the slipper clutch.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:20 PM
a.style

yea my merv got the same problem after upgrading to a big block setup with 3s, haven't gotten around to fixing it yet as I've been driving my mini summit. The break down and fix is quite a job if you don't have a good set of hex drivers, but I find it just as fun as driving the thing so it doesn't bother me that much
Old 06-29-2011, 06:01 PM
trickle007

same thing happened to me with in my 1st couple of runs. and as A.Style stated it is the diff most likely. My pinion and diff ring gear had a few teeth grinded on both. My solution is I replaced the diff ring gear and pinion and added some white lithium grease inside the diff case I have not had a problem with my diff since.

ORIGINAL: mk2hhb4

Well Ihad it a week so far without any problems and love it. Looking for a little tech support. As of a few minutes ago It started making a cliking noise as you take off. It still runs good but the first two feet at take off it clicks and then goes away. Anybody else experience this problem and can tell me what to do. Ipulled off the gear cover and everything looks good? Does it sound like the sliper clutch or maybe a differential? Any help would be great.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 PM
gforce2448

I have been lucky as I haven't stripped any diff gears. But I don't run 3S only 2S lipo. I did repair a leaking diff when I got my merv used and have opened the housings a few other times for routine maintenance. I have been filling the housings with grease, to keep sand and dirt away from the gears. Some comes out but very little does as you can hot glue the seam, which peels off if needed.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:02 AM
gforce2448

FYI...I just seen that they are releasing a new brushed version of the Mini Revo with the 550 Titan motor. They must be going away from the 380 size brushed motor in all of the 1/16 Traxxas. I am sure the Mini Slash will do the same soon. It's the same price as the 380 brushed version at $199. Which makes sense since all of the other brushed minis have the Titan 550 motor (Mini Summit, Mustang, Fiesta, Kyle Busch truck).
Old 06-30-2011, 11:20 AM
vwo4l

ORIGINAL: Nitronix
Also I'm running it on the stock nickel pack but I can't get the thing to wheelie even on the road. I've seen videos of people wheeling these things stock all the time.... []
I'd say that they are probably running two batteries in series or a LiPO. On mine(I only have the stock NiMH batteries), I can't really get it to wheelie with one battery, but with 2 batteries and the series connector, it will wheelie on demand.

Additionally, the series connector with 2 NiMH batteries is also how you get the 50mph top end that Traxxas claims too. Just don't forget to change to the "speed" pinion gearing as well to keep the temps in check.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
pure speed:]

Been there done that i even use silicone on the balks to seal out sand .What i've learned "this is after 4 ring gears", is to set the slipper loose enough to not chew the ring gear but just tight enough you can hear it slipping rite before a wheelys.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:45 PM
mk2hhb4

Well Ibought a temp gun and the car wasnt getting as hot as Ithought. It stays steady at 150-160. As for the diffs. Istripped the car naked last night and just as you guys said. Both the front and rear diff have a few teeth worn almost flat. Go figure. Iwasnt driving it hard. Any suggestions on not having this happen again? Iordered 4 sets of diffs just so Idont have to wait another week when this happens again in a week. Ihear silicone in the diff case and hotglue the seam and also loosen up the slipper clutch. Anything else? Iwas not expecting two stripped diffs after a week. Iguess if you want the toys you need to have the time and money to fix em. Now we wait a week for parts. LOLIhope Iremember how to put it back together next week.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
a.style

Shim them using associated diff shims and throttle control. I'm notorious for wheelies and quick braking which I need to learn to control if I want to save my diffs. Aggressive acceleration and deceleration are usually what do a diff in, along with being on the throttle when landing.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:59 PM
mk2hhb4

Is that shim kit one size fits all or do Ineed a certain model shim kit from associated? Also forgive my ignorance...How do Ishim it? Ialso read on the traxxas forum people were buying heavy duty bulkheads...Do you suggest that and where do Ifind them? If Iam going to do this Iwant it done right.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
a.style

Associated part#ASC21121. I don't think the heavy duty bulk head (aluminum) are really neccessary as long as you have the updated bulkhead with the cross screw, plus the alu ones are quite spendy. 
Old 06-30-2011, 07:00 PM
mk2hhb4

As always...Thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Pyrotechnic

Woooo finally got one!! Got it used for a great price, only issue was the steering servo was stripped. So I took it apart to see what was going on and found nothing was stripped! However in my excitement when I popped the servo apart I managed to take everything with it and don't remember how they go back. Any help would be great, I'm Gunna play with it and see if I figure it out. Thanks in advance

EDIT: I figured it out!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Pyrotechnic

Well got a few runs in with 2 traxxas packs in series and my esc is overheating after a bit. so here's what I'm looking for and not sure if it's possible, especially when I would like to stay on the cheaper side of thongs (don't we all). Anyways after some probing around I figure I need a new esc, that's a given. But the one thing I'd really like is decent speed with the longest run time I can get. Not looking for 60mph somewhere around 35-40 and 15min run times? Pretty new with electrics, ive only had Nitros so I'm not entirely sure what is reasonable. I also have no idea what to get as far as esc battery ( Lipo) and charger. Any help would be great, if it's been answered before point me there. Thanks a lot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.