Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
trickle007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

get yourself 2 of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.htmland run them in parallel and you will get easy 35-40mph and atleast 40 min run time. That is the set up I run and it is plenty fast enough for me and as for run time I have yet to run it lower then 3.7 volts per cell at the end of my bash so they have plenty of run time. You will have to cut the battery doors slightly so the wires for the battery fit but that is it.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 PM
trickle007

or if you dont want to mess with the battery doors these are made specifically for a mini revo http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXMP0&P=0and you dont even have to worry about soldering.You have to run these in parallel as well using this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXKM9&P=X
Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
a.style

Those turnigy 2200 are an awesome bang for your buck at $9 each (currently what I run, as well as the 1800mah 3s pack). As far as esc go, most people go with the castle creations stuff. Either the Sv2 (what I run) or MMP. Both will help to keep temps down but to further that go with a 1/10 system. The 1/10 castle motor/esc combos go for a great price, I figure about $140~ for a big block setup including a tenbol mount. I can stay cool through a 2s pack running on grass with a 23/50 setup.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

If you want to save money you can probably get everything from Hobbyking or Hobbypartz. I use their lipos as well, great performance and price. Also a great charger is the Thunder AC6, includes balancer and everything you need for $45 or less. I love that charger. If your wallet cant afford a castle esc, the ezRun esc from hobbywing works great. A 45 or 60A wont run you much. But they have been soldout alot recently.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Pyrotechnic

thanks a lot guys. im definatly liking the price of the turnigy batteries and it sounds like they have gotten some great reviews so ill probably be going with those. also the thunder ac6 looks pretty nice as well so unless there's any other recommendations for a charger in that price range ill be getting on of those. as far as the esc goes i dont really know what i need? is something like this good or do i really need the 45+a esc? [link]http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-ezrun-35a-brushless-esc.html[/link].

on a side not my proline vw bug body will be coming in soon, cant wait to paint it up. thanks again for the help!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Pyrotechnic

also what do i need/need to do as far as the battery connection with the esc as well as the parallel connector? might seem like a silly question but i dont really know if i need something special, which it looks like i do, or do i just plug n play? haha
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
a.style

you may need some bullet connector adaptors. I believe the vxl motor has 3.5mm connectors where as the hobby wing esc has 4mm connectors. you may also need some battery connectors for the esc/parallel connector/batteries. I use the hobby king brand deans connectors and have not had any issues so far, great price point too so if you wanted you could make all of your esc's and batteries the same so you can interchange things on different cars.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Pyrotechnic

ha, you wouldnt happen to have a link to where i could find them would you. i think i know what im looking for but not quite certain.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:05 PM
a.style

I believe these are the ones you need, not certain though as it has been a little while since I've taken a look, I'll look in a couple hours or so when I get home, I run an EzRun esc in my drifter so I'll know then.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPHD9&P=7

edit - forgot to post the link

Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Pyrotechnic

thanks a lot. and now rush, wont be ordering anything for another day or 2
Old 07-21-2011, 04:30 PM
a.style

sorry for the delayed response but the Hobbywing escs definately have bigger bullet connectors so what you will be looking for are 4mm male to 3.5mm female just like the ones linked above. You can always just solder on 4mm male connectors onto your vxl motor if your comfortable with that route, saves on having it so cramped with wires.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 PM
FredNitroJunk

Hey guys i'm a experienced nitro driver how whant to step into electric, i just build a nice track in my backyard and i don't think my neighbours will stand my K4.6 w/ tune pipe running all week ends long so.... the revo VXL is my #1 choice but i've been told that my regular size packs that i run into my super vee 27 won't fit. So here is my question : how i can make the difference between these small pack and regulard one when i'm shoping online, who make pack that suite the VXL and how big ( mAh ) can these pack can be? (bigger i have seen so far was 2200). i've seen some made by dynamite but only by the description ( they say it's for TRX 1/16) and photo i can see de difference. Do they got special name or something ?

I don't wanna buy these in a LHS and pay 2 time the price and got no choice of model and size juste to make sure i got the right stuff.

Thx
Fred
Old 07-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Pyrotechnic

ORIGINAL: a.style

sorry for the delayed response but the Hobbywing escs definately have bigger bullet connectors so what you will be looking for are 4mm male to 3.5mm female just like the ones linked above. You can always just solder on 4mm male connectors onto your vxl motor if your comfortable with that route, saves on having it so cramped with wires.

Thanks a lot! Last question is about the battery connection, you said the off brand Deans connector, not quite sure what the dean connected is/ looks like.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:45 PM
a.style

The batteries I use that are a snug fit (requires trimming the battery doors and new connectors) are linked below. A great and cheap alternative to some of the others out there, I've heard/read no complaints about them yet. 

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._3S1P_20C.html

The deans seems to be the popular connector to use. Linked below is the off brand. I use these on all my esc's and batteries and not one of them started to melt when soldering. The connection seems to hold up very well on all my applications as well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11961

Old 07-24-2011, 04:22 PM
FredNitroJunk

I don't know much about electric but i heard about dean plug for years and thats what i got in my Super vee 27 and yes, you will over heat batteries, burn your ESC and incinerate your motor before you can even feel them getting warm. no match for them but if you got traxxas plug, the swap will be an over kill because TRX plug are also very low resistive.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Pyrotechnic

hey guys just went to order my esc and its out. was wondering if the 35a ez esc would be fine or should i have something more than that?
Old 07-28-2011, 06:03 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Hi Everybody

I have just ordered myself a Mini E-Revo and a few upgrades to get me started

Hard Alloy GTR Shocks (with black/tan spring combo and some heavier shock oil)
Integy Silver Alloy Shock Mounts
Traxxas Aluminum Pushrods & Toelinks with Steel Machined Hollow Balls
Dirt Hawg Tires on Titus Wheels
RPM A-arms Front & Back
RPM Axle Carriers
RPM Bumpers Front & Back
Hot Racing Spring Loaded Wheelie Bar
7.2V 1600 mAh Venom NiMH

I am mainly trying to upgrade the handling and suspension strength for now and get used to the car before I get some LiPos and think about upgrading the drive shaft later on ... I also want to add some Lunsford Titanium Pivot Balls and find some decent rockers ... not sure if I want aluminum rockers but if people think they are good I could be swayed ... The only R/C experience I have is from a Revo 3.3 I owned a few years ago so the Mini E-Revo appealed to me because I was already familiar with the running gear just on a bigger scale and I didn't have to tune it (shudder)... So I'm basically just interested in what people think of the upgrades I went for, any ideas and possible pit falls to avoid ... One last thing I can't figure out and please don't call me dumb but WHY DOES EVERYBODY CALL IT A MERV ?
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 AM
a.style

nice set of upgrades, looks like you"ll be all set. One thing you may want to add are small pinion gears. That wheel combo is pretty heavy and it'll overheat the vxl motor/esc rather quickly if you keep the 23t in there.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: a.style

nice set of upgrades, looks like you''ll be all set. One thing you may want to add are small pinion gears. That wheel combo is pretty heavy and it'll overheat the vxl motor/esc rather quickly if you keep the 23t in there.

like this one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKH8&P=Z ?

I was thinking of playing around with the two pinion gears they give you but I would not have thought to go smaller ... thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 06:41 AM
a.style

That's exactly what I was thinking. however you may also want to get varying sizes (smaller and larger) to find that sweet spot. I picked up 16 all the way up to 31 to run in different conditions.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Pyrotechnic

Hell ya. Just got everything ordered!! Just wanted to thank everyone for the help!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
a.style

awesome! post pics when you get everything setup
Old 07-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Pyrotechnic

well i guess i have one more question and that is, would i be better off running dual stock steering servos, or just one stronger one? if the latter, what would you recommend?

also would it be better to just put 3.5mm female connectors on the esc? seems the wires for the motor are rather short compared to wires of the stock esc (dont really know how long the wires are on the new one) would it make any difference of am i just fine taking the 3.5mm male off the motor and going to a 4mm??
Old 08-01-2011, 04:18 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I am just finding out about the diff problem the merv had and the new bulkheads that traxxas made for them about a year ago to fix it, can anyone tell me or link to something that explains exactly what the problem was with the old diffs and what they did to the bulkheads to fix it. I also am wondering if I need to shim the diffs on the new one or if these newer bulkheads they are using eliminate the need. Thanks in advance
Old 08-01-2011, 10:03 AM
imp3r10

i noticed in the pictures that the ESC isnt in a waterproof box. anyone have problems with running it in water? or is the esc waterproof?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.