Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 AM
mxracer154

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Hmm, ive never seemed to have that problem. But yes any aluminum shocks should fix your problem as long as they have screw on caps. I would go with the GPM shocks as those are the cheapest and people have had good reviews on them.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
BURAKK

if i use that revo with 3s 1500mah zippy lipo and 31 tooth speed pinion, how fast it will go
Old 11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
bluesrt4ever

The speed pinion is 23 tooth. The stock pinion is 28. So 23=50 mph, 28=50+ so 31=too fast lol IDK. I guess thats if its stock batts and ran in series. Give it a try i bet it will be crazy fast.

Ok look at the gears. What would make it strip out like that with a light truck to truck crash?? The motor did not came loose.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:56 PM
bluesrt4ever

Now i have a pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13075.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1319835  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
mxracer154

My guess is a rock, or motor moved under power?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:39 PM
bluesrt4ever

The motor was tight, but you might be right about it moving under power. I have had sand get in there before, didn't see any sand this time. It would be nice to cover the gears somehow as the back side of the gears are exposed to the elements.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

MXracer,

i just got my Mini E-Revo... what a blast! I have had more fun with the stock set up on this car than with my mini-t or pro-pulses.

So, first ting i did was order some Lipos... unfortunately, i ordered 2 x 2200 2S 25C lipos. Is that not good? I also ordered the Y Harnesses, one for parallel and the other for series. Will i have to do any other modifications to the rc before i run it with those 2S's? I keep reading that y'all prefer the 3S lipos? wouldn't that cause hotter run tems than 2S?

I've already sunk the additional 60 into batteries and harnesses... i would like to enjoy it for awhile before i sink even more into it, so any advice on what i can do to ensure an enjoyable, fast, and backflipping fun would be most appreciated!

Thanks again

J0EC00L
Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 AM
mxracer154

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

MXracer,

i just got my Mini E-Revo... what a blast! I have had more fun with the stock set up on this car than with my mini-t or pro-pulses.

So, first ting i did was order some Lipos... unfortunately, i ordered 2 x 2200 2S 25C lipos. Is that not good? I also ordered the Y Harnesses, one for parallel and the other for series. Will i have to do any other modifications to the rc before i run it with those 2S's? I keep reading that y'all prefer the 3S lipos? wouldn't that cause hotter run tems than 2S?

I've already sunk the additional 60 into batteries and harnesses... i would like to enjoy it for awhile before i sink even more into it, so any advice on what i can do to ensure an enjoyable, fast, and backflipping fun would be most appreciated!

Thanks again

J0EC00L
Hey, glad your enjoying it just as much as we are! That was a good move ordering lipo's first! Those lipos you got are better than what im running. I am running two 2s 2000mah 10c lipos but when i run them in parallel they are 20c, so yours will be 50c way better than mine. You can't run two 2s in series, that is like running 4s in series and is absolutely over kill you will be hitting in the 70's or 80's as ive seen on 4s. Run them in parallel for now then you can try out series later. Ill tell ya more on how to run them in series i gotta go to school now.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 AM
JPKII

I run my 2s 2100 mah batteries in series all the time when I am outside. I only run it for a few minutes with fresh batteries mostly because I don't have a low voltage cut off. The speed is insane. Its a ton of fun. Just program your ESC for Nimh mode (which eliminates the factory low voltage cut-off) and use your discretion. If you planned on running it that way permanently then buy a separate LVC. My truck has been fine with no issues. Short bursts to speed with gentle throttle application and let off. No continuous runs wide open. I have no idea how fast it goes but it really scoots. Totally worth it in my book. Obviously it is way way way less forgiving and robust with this set up so do it at your own risk.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:29 AM
J0EC00L

Well I appreciate the info. If I am running lipos, why would I go against the manual and leave it on nimh settings? I thought it comes with a built in lvc? If I need to get an lvc, which kind should I get? I want to have fun without the worry.
By the way ms, I am selling my mini t if you are interested. It's very nice, only a few runs and it's got all the needed hop ups except brushless. See my post in the mini t boards. I beleive I saw your post in their about wanting a losi.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 PM
wyattroa

Well I appreciate the info. If I am running lipos, why would I go against the manual and leave it on nimh settings? I thought it comes with a built in lvc? If I need to get an lvc, which kind should I get? I want to have fun without the worry.
By the way ms, I am selling my mini t if you are interested. It's very nice, only a few runs and it's got all the needed hop ups except brushless. See my post in the mini t boards. I beleive I saw your post in their about wanting a losi.

Thanks for your help.
It does come with a LVC. But, the LVC only senses up to 3 cells at a time. It is not able to sense the 4th cell or beyond. That would draw the volts below what the standard is.
robert
Old 11-26-2009, 10:42 AM
mxracer154

Just got done shimming my diff's. What a chore that was! Should be worth it though. I put 2 in the rear and 2 in the front. I think i put them in the right spot. There is the diff then the gear that is in the center that turns the diff, i put the two shims behind that gear. The back is perfect now and the front is a little tight. Im thinking the front should loosen up a little bit? Happy thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, I don't have time to read this whole thread..(special offer going til Monday here..) But my wife has offered to get me this for X-mas.. My question is, if I get the RTR, will I need a bunch of upgrades for this thing?? I don't want, and can't afford, something that needs lots of tuning and investments.. I've currently got two LST2's, and an Asso RC8 buggy and RC8T truggy - i.e., just too many RC's.. At first I just want something for my flat to chase the cats around with, then maybe to take it to a skatepark and make some videos, etc.. Maybe later next year I'd take it to the 1/8 offroad track for messing around with on the smooth parts... I'm not into mega-tuning or trying to break land-speed records.. I have no experience with lipos and am quite wary of what I hear about them..

Again, ideally I'd get it and initially buy nothing else - maybe some extra batteries... But are there any all-out absolute MUST-haves from the get-go?? Thanks.. I'll start browsing the thread now...
Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Hey guys, I don't have time to read this whole thread..(special offer going til Monday here..) But my wife has offered to get me this for X-mas.. My question is, if I get the RTR, will I need a bunch of upgrades for this thing?? I don't want, and can't afford, something that needs lots of tuning and investments.. I've currently got two LST2's, and an Asso RC8 buggy and RC8T truggy - i.e., just too many RC's.. At first I just want something for my flat to chase the cats around with, then maybe to take it to a skatepark and make some videos, etc.. Maybe later next year I'd take it to the 1/8 offroad track for messing around with on the smooth parts... I'm not into mega-tuning or trying to break land-speed records.. I have no experience with lipos and am quite wary of what I hear about them..

Again, ideally I'd get it and initially buy nothing else - maybe some extra batteries... But are there any all-out absolute MUST-haves from the get-go?? Thanks.. I'll start browsing the thread now...
I'm running mine with two upgrades and they were NOT needed. Front and rear aluminum skid plates. Shocks will be something you'll want to work on eventually, stiffer springs and thicker shock oil. Other than that, nothing else is really needed. That's my opinion.

Let me update this saying a wheelie bar helps a lot! That is one item I didn't start out with.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:23 AM
HerrSavage

Sounds great.. Just watched the RCU video.. Looks good..

I guess I need a y-connector and a couple extra batteries at least for starters.. Then OK a wheelie bar..

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
csp1971

Sounds great.. Just watched the RCU video.. Looks good..

I guess I need a y-connector and a couple extra batteries at least for starters.. Then OK a wheelie bar..

Thanks!

Here's my favorite video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB4ZBtbKAZg
Old 11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
J0EC00L

JPKII,

what would be a good LVC to get if i am going to run the 2 2200mah 30C 2S lipos? I want to make sure i don't mess anything up. i would like to not upgrade anything on this car until it breaks, which, may take a long while according to Jetlag!!!

Also, i read below that someone was shimmering their diffs? What will that help, or is that a quick fix?

thanks

JOECOOL
Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 AM
mxracer154

JPKII,

what would be a good LVC to get if i am going to run the 2 2200mah 30C 2S lipos? I want to make sure i don't mess anything up. i would like to not upgrade anything on this car until it breaks, which, may take a long while according to Jetlag!!!

Also, i read below that someone was shimmering their diffs? What will that help, or is that a quick fix?

thanks

JOECOOL
I was the one who shimmed their diff's. I read about people doing it on the traxxas forums. It tightens the mesh on the ring and pinion gear in the diff's so when running on 3s lipos they dont strip out as easily.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:25 AM
HerrSavage

Can I just start out with Nimh packs and y-cable?? I have no idea about lipos.. And defo no cash at the mo to get some fancy charger etc etc... Have a little normal one that I think can handle lipos.. But yeah, not looking to spend a ton right now...
Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 AM
martin34

I just ordered mine for christmas(mum paid most of it).I have also ordered some tan springs for the front and black for the rear.Bearings for the rocker arms and steering to replace the plasti bushes and some 30k diff oil incase mine are empty like alot of other peoples.I realy want a set of the j concept beadlock wheels as i have read that the extra weight they have realy helps the handleing of the mini revo.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM
csp1971

Can I just start out with Nimh packs and y-cable?? I have no idea about lipos.. And defo no cash at the mo to get some fancy charger etc etc... Have a little normal one that I think can handle lipos.. But yeah, not looking to spend a ton right now...

Absolutely. When you say a "Y" cable, I'm not sure about whether you mean a parallel (longer run time) or series (14.4 volts), either way though, the answer is yes.

For lipos, check out www.hobbycity.com

2s
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6541

3s
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=6307

Charger:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...lancer/Charger

Old 11-29-2009, 05:06 PM
HerrSavage

Thanks dude..

So, if I order this thing, this is what's in my shopping cart:

1.) Revo VXL
2.) 2x CS Lipo Akku 7,4V - 1800mAh, 25C - C211010
3.) the Traxxas Y-cable for running parallel bats..

That's all I can find at this shop(they're having a special offer ending 2moro..) I'd get the wheely bar later..

My charger is lipo-capable.. But I apparently need a balancer.. I have the brand and name of the one I need to go with my charger(a small and basic charger..)

Anyway. I guess there's some book or something I need to read about charging and running lipos, to avoid burning my house down - or at least ruining the lipos themselves and thus flushing money down the jon??...
Old 11-29-2009, 07:05 PM
mxracer154

Well, just stopped by my lhs today after work and seen that all venom batts are now half price. So now a 3s venom lipo is $20 bucks. I figured dam that is so cheap ill pick one up and see how it is. Charging it right now The batts specs are 3s1p, 1300mah, and 20c discharge. It is smaller than my 2s common sense rc lipos. They also have 2s's for 24.99, looks like venom is trying to compete with hobbycity Ok with me though cause if i have a bad cell i bring it in to my lhs and they give me a new one on the spot, and its 35 bucks for 2 3's compared to like 50 from hobby city with and i get my lhs support

Also herrsavage, here is a great link that has tons of info on lipos, i read it all before i purchased any of my lipos. They are not as scary as i thought they would be, i have let mine get wet, they take crazy crashes and nothing has happened to them. They are soo much better then NiMih's its unbeleivable! Heres that link
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 PM
J0EC00L

i still would like to know what type of LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff) i need for my traxxas. As for the Y harnesses, you can get a set, one for parallel and one for tandemn for around 15-20 bucks! I say get both, so you can try each out to see what works best.

I'm still afraid to run my 2 x lipos until i know which LVC to get... so any expert advice would be nice!

- Joe
Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM
J0EC00L

OK,

so I need a little LIPO help before i destroy my brand new traxxas - here's what i have... I have 2 x 2200 mAh 2S Lipo 25C 7.4 V Turnigy Lipos - I have the Y Harness to run batteries in parallel. I do not have an extra LVC yet, do i still need it? Do i need to set the ESC up to run lipos or batteries in parallel, or just leave it like it is, stock, just like i would for running the stock NiMH? Running the 2 x lipos in parallel, would that give me 4400 mAh 4S 50C? Or just 2200 mAh 2S 25C, but twice as much run time?

I went ahead and tried it out, just to get an idea, but i didn't change anything with the ESC, I left it alone. I just plugged in the batteries; which, required i cut a small piece of the battery doors - there's goes my waterproof option!!! but i gave it a shot! Ridiculously fast... i have to learn better throttle control to keep from popping wheelies all the way down the street. Also, I couldn't get it wide open, due to running out of road, but i guess it doesn't matter, since i never changed the pinion for top speed! Lastly, I really want to get the car to do a backflip on take off. I still cannot get the RC to do it; well, it flips over, but keeps landing upside down. if there is a small lip or area to jump, then i can get the complete back flip. What would be the best way to get the car to do it like jetlag does in the video?

I'll take any advice, especially when it comes to my lipos... what would be the best option: get the additional LVC, or use the built in one on the R/C? Also, should i use the cabe that allows for running the batteries in series?

Thanks

JOE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.