Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Carbon Fiber Chassis for 1/16 E-Revo

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 05:17 PM
gixer1k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carbon Fiber Chassis for 1/16 E-Revo

Was bored during some seriously cold weather, so I engaged in one of my RC rituals. I've had my mini E-Revo for 10+ years, and try to bolt on something new each year. This year it was the Integy carbon fiber chassis.

Some people say nothing from Integy is any good. Ignore them! I've had decent luck over the years (I'm 60, got my first RC in 1983). Nobody is good at everything or bad at everything.

Installing the chassis was work, like anything worthwhile. I wouldn't take this on if the 1/16 E-Revo is your first RC. Without further ado, here's some pics.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:24 AM
gettnbetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a similar H sammich design as my Losi Mini-LST carbon chassis. That was a huge improvement but that little Losi was very challenged from the start. Will be interesting to hear about differences in how it bashes or drives. Looks cool! Is it lighter? Stiffer?
Old 02-28-2022, 09:55 AM
gixer1k

Originally Posted by gettnbetter
Looks like a similar H sammich design as my Losi Mini-LST carbon chassis. That was a huge improvement but that little Losi was very challenged from the start. Will be interesting to hear about differences in how it bashes or drives. Looks cool! Is it lighter? Stiffer?
It's definitely stiffer, more room for the battery too. I doubt it's lighter, though I didn't weigh it.

I just like carbon fiber. A holdover from my sport bike days. We used to call it "Italian Chrome".
Old 02-28-2022, 11:32 PM
gettnbetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tiny plastic battery containers were always too small for a good battery. That alone is a huge upgrade
Old 03-04-2022, 03:19 PM
gixer1k

I mostly run it on the street and a flat dirt oval. The steering is a definitely sharper because of the reduced chassis flex. A big thumbs up.