Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Old 10-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

right here, is why i said they were designed at the same time. and who cares if i never have messed with a ball diff.
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch
same time not having to design a new 2wdtruck from the ground up, that might have not been any more popular than the less-than-stellar reception the 4wd MiniSlash, which would have been cost prohibitive and potentially have been a sales fiasco.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:55 PM
crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Krazy Chicken

they were both designed and released at the same time. but you haven't been around long enough to know that.
Agree my MERV manual has both a slash and e-revo on it, along with layouts of both in the same book
It was about a month after the MiniRevo's came out for the mini slashes to make it to store shelves.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:59 PM
crunchNmunch

right here, is why i said they were designed at the same time. and who cares if i never have messed with a ball diff.
same time not having to design a new 2wdtruck from the ground up, that might have not been any more popular than the less-than-stellar reception the 4wd MiniSlash, which would have been cost prohibitive and potentially have been a sales fiasco.
Where did you learn how to read?
Because it still has nothing to do with the point you're trying to make.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Krazy Chicken

again with personal insults i see. my point being that both were designed and announced at the same time and if they wanted to the could have made a different platform for the slash, but were overall to lazy to do it.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
crunchNmunch

It WASNOT a personal insult. You were being argumentative, without a salient point to back you up. Calling me out with a statement that had nothing to do with what I said is just dumb, and a waste of our time and bandwidth and just being combative. Why is it that you choose to make an argument out of every single discussion, especially when you're wrong? All you're doing is showing you don't know what you're talking about and wasting space and bothering people.

Please stop with you silly games.

again with personal insults i see. my point being that both were designed and announced at the same time and if they wanted to the could have made a different platform for the slash, but were overall to lazy to do it.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Krazy Chicken

how the hell am i wrong. i know when they were both announced. at the same time.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
honda237

There is no point in arguing, he will always think he is right even if he is wrong. I find crunch a very argumentative person, this is the same guy that said wings assist in wheelie and the only thing he was if you put to big of a wing on the back it was causing vehicles to wheelie. And then quoted some else but said it was a direct quote from me. I'm not on anyone's side, but considering crunch has over 300post in 5 days leaves me to wonder.

how the hell am i wrong. i know when they were both announced. at the same time.
Wait I just realized on my old account on my phone, I didn't even know this account was still available, I'm also Honda 2237. I have to go change that
Old 10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Krazy Chicken

lol that is a point, also seems like he is on 24/7, or 24/5 because he hasn't been here a full week.
ORIGINAL: honda237

There is no point in arguing, he will always think he is right even if he is wrong. I find crunch a very argumentative person, this is the same guy that said wings assist in wheelie and the only thing he was if you put to big of a wing on the back it was causing vehicles to wheelie. And then quoted some else but said it was a direct quote from me. I'm not on anyone's side, but considering crunch has over 300post in 5 days leaves me to wonder.

Wait I just realized on my old account on my phone, I didn't even know this account was still available, I'm also Honda 2237. I have to go change that
Old 10-24-2010, 06:22 PM
honda2237

Exactly.
By the way Joe, very nice, looks a little hard to control at high speeds. Overall very nice
Old 10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
crunchNmunch

BECAUSEithas nothing to do with my statement in Post #3575.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

Honda,

It's fun, but my neighborhood street doesn't provide me the true environment to let this thing loose. It is controllable at higher speeds than the merv; though, I mentioned in a previous post, probably on the rally thread, that it's stability without flipping is probably due to the tires giving loose, vice biting like the talons would. It likes to drift, but as the tires wear and heat up it does grip a litle better. I still enjoy this very much, is it because it's new??? Who knows, but I see alot of potential in this car.

Traxxas - you should have released this instead of the mini slash. Re design the mini slash, re design the mini summit; and retire this 1/16 chassis already
Old 10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
crunchNmunch

You're the one just coming up with unrealisitic and impractical BS, like that wings keep cars from wheelie-ing (not true at all), that I wonder why I waste my time trying to educated some of you *****. And then the best you can do is come up with something totally off topic to defend your misinformation. Iwouldn't have half the posts I do if it were not for arguing with you and your boyee Krazy. If you're not picking sides, then you wouldn't have posted. That sort of behavior is pretty immature.Please stop and leave me alone.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Krazy Chicken

dude you have only been here for 5 days, yet you already have many enemies, and you are blaming it an me. their have been many like you over the years, and they all have only lasted a couple months. so honestly if you would like to stay, you dont have to be right every time. you seem to know a little about rc, yet you still shoot down every one cause they dont own something you like.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:34 PM
crunchNmunch

dude you have only been here for 5 days, yet you already have many enemies, and you are blaming it an me. their have been many like you over the years, and they all have only lasted a couple months. so honestly if you would like to stay, you dont have to be right every time. you seem to know a little about rc, yet you still shoot down every one cause they dont own something you like.
And the limit of your experience leaves you asking how to adjust a ball diff one day, and suddenly being the know-it-all of RCU the next.
Maybe you should take your own advice, because you'll notice I don't comment on threads about vehicles I don't own or have any experience with, and stay out of the one's where you're beyond the depth of your limited RCexperience.

ANDSTOPBEINGARGUMENTATIVE and leave me alone.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Krazy Chicken

you like to describe your self a lot. and i will be the first to admit i dont know some stuff, and again i only comment on things i like, or know. lol i have been taking my advise. why do you think i have been on here for so long. but i see this getting no where with your type. so im ending this until next time i see you arguing with someone else and you are wrong.

peace
Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
crunchNmunch

Sorry, but you wouldn't know right/correct if it bit you. Run along now and get back to your Lunchboxes and Blackfoots and WheelieKings.

Like I've said about 10 times now, LEAVEMEALONE and quit trolling my posts for the purpose of being argumentative.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:20 PM
honda2237

You're the one just coming up with unrealisitic and impractical BS, like that wings keep cars from wheelie-ing (not true at all), that I wonder why I waste my time trying to educated some of you *****. And then the best you can do is come up with something totally off topic to defend your misinformation. I wouldn't have half the posts I do if it were not for arguing with you and your boyee Krazy. If you're not picking sides, then you wouldn't have posted. That sort of behavior is pretty immature.[img][/img] Please stop and leave me alone.
When exactly did I say a wing keeps a car from wheelie-ing, I said it didn't assist in wheelie-ing. I said you had over 300 post in 5 days because normally those people are trolls. I'm pretty sure you only argued with me like what 25 post. plus your in a thread that we've been on for a while so,I'm not followin but no matter what it would look like it if we posted on another thread considering how much you post. do you own a merv? just because some doesn't know a certain doesn't mean their inexperienced, I didn't learn about gear diff till my 4th or 5th year because I've never had one, and I'm still learning to this day 3 years later. I don't a single one of those cars but I would think it would be fun too.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:29 PM
J0EC00L

Wow,

Grown men (we're all assuming) having a tennis match in an rc forum.

I don't know whether reading these posts or watching favre lead his Vikings back into the game is more entertaining. As long as you guys don't send any photos through texts we're good!

Let's just stick to talking about RCs and helping one another out. Not many on these boards is really an expert, most of us just average "Joe's" who enjoy RCs. We all have varying degrees of experience and pass on knowledge and advice to fellow members as suggestions, not rule. Take what you need, pass on what you know and minimalize the criticism.

And remember to be cool.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:46 PM
honda2237

I agree Joe, just sometimes I can't help myself. Lol its a hobby, not a career or life or death. It's something we all come together to enjoy.
Thats cool the rally is really stable, it looks like fun. I would need a paved road to be able to enjoy it. Lol I like the idea of being able to drift, I always thought it was cool.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 AM
honda2237

joe, i forgot to ask, have you tested that motor yet?
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Wow,

Grown men (we're all assuming) having a tennis match in an rc forum.

I don't know whether reading these posts or watching favre lead his Vikings back into the game is more entertaining. As long as you guys don't send any photos through texts we're good!

Let's just stick to talking about RCs and helping one another out. Not many on these boards is really an expert, most of us just average "Joe's" who enjoy RCs. We all have varying degrees of experience and pass on knowledge and advice to fellow members as suggestions, not rule. Take what you need, pass on what you know and minimalize the criticism.

And remember to be cool.
I agree. I don't see why people can't be a little more open minded, and discuss things like adults, as maybe they would even learn something. At the end of the day we are all just men/boys playing with toy cars. If we can't discuss things like adults, what chance is there of any reasonable exchanging of information.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:17 PM
J0EC00L

Honda,

I have test the motor out. Not really opened it up yet with 3s or 4s so a good speed run is still on the books to try. It's o ly had 2s and was only warm to the touch. I'll bring the temp gun next time and let everyone know how it does on temps. I don't have a radar gun, but my father in law does on his police car. I'll get speed runs eventually.

Joe
Old 10-28-2010, 09:24 PM
micro guy

Ok,
i am looking for some good on-road tires. Yes i'm well aware that pro-line makes some great on-road and off road tires for these things. I am not looking to spend about $70 on four tires and rims. I know there the best out there or one of the best but i just cant do it.

Can anyone lead into the right direction to some decent on-roads and wheels without spending a fortune?
Thanks
micro guy
Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 AM
J0EC00L

Scope out eBay for some Foams - Foam tires premounted and truer onto the rims. You may have to search for them under HPI Nitro foams or RS4 Foams. Te same applies to searching for street tires. Becareful to note the diameter and width of the tires. Many street tires will state they are for 1/10 scale, which they are, but that's not the same as what your looking for the merv.

Generally, you'll want something as close to 2 inches wide or more as possible.

Be ready to spend at least 30 to 40 for new though.

Joe
Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 PM
J0EC00L

Ok,

New RPM Hubs on the MERV. They are everything you would expect from RPM. I like them alot and will order a set for the Rally. I plan on painting the new set Green for the Rally. Probably have to order the Blue ones for the Rally and paint them Green.

Also, i mounted the Gladiators on the Beadlocks. Man, beadlocks are heavy!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38467.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1525762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24789.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	1525763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75883.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1525764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66621.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1525765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi60106.jpg
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1525766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ri69583.jpg
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	1525767  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.