Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Pyrotechnic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Didn't get any st. I go gpm aluminum rocker arms and shock towers, aluminum recover box, rpm knuckles, road tires and rims, wheelie bar, new wing, and a 45t plastic spur gear. Right after placing the order I did some driving and broke the front cvd's. So ordered some steel cvd's from towerhobbies, along with another servo to run duals, and a new body. Hopefully I won't have to spend anymore money on this for some time because that just about emptied my paypal account. Haha
Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

nice upgrades... I have never run twin servos but I read in a magazine about a guy who had trouble doing it in a Gymkhana Rally because the second servo was causing maximum current draw so it would cut out some times when they were turning... not sure if it applies to the merv but to fix it they suggested adding an external BEC and using it to power the receiver and servos straight from the battery. I had already ordered a second servo when I read this article so I decided to use my second one as a spare and wouldn't you know it my servo died not long afterwards anyway.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Pyrotechnic

I've read similar reviews. But I think it just comes down to the servos matching up perfectly, which can be a slow process of trial and error. Mainly just getting the servo horn on the right teeth so they don't fight eachother.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Hey guys,
I am coming back around from flying rc planes for a long time. I'm looking for a nice small backyard basher that's durable right out of the box and has just enough power to have lots of fun.
I'm looking at the Mine E-Revo as well as the new HPI Flux XS and some other trucks and truggies. But these are the main two for now.

So could you guys offer some sound advice other than "The Mini E-Revo is the best"?

Right now the Flux XS is experiencing some newbie problems. like burned up escs, over heating motors and trannies. But I'm sure this will be worked out.

So I guess my questions are, how is the Mini E-Revo right out of the box with no mods as far as durability and over all fun.
How many of you are considering the Flux XS?
I believe they both have decent ground clearance, right?
Oh, I would consider the Mini E-Revo brushed version to save some money. Views on that as well please.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:48 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Hey guys,
I am coming back around from flying rc planes for a long time. I'm looking for a nice small backyard basher that's durable right out of the box and has just enough power to have lots of fun.
I'm looking at the Mine E-Revo as well as the new HPI Flux XS and some other trucks and truggies. But these are the main two for now.

So could you guys offer some sound advice other than ''The Mini E-Revo is the best''?

Right now the Flux XS is experiencing some newbie problems. like burned up escs, over heating motors and trannies. But I'm sure this will be worked out.

So I guess my questions are, how is the Mini E-Revo right out of the box with no mods as far as durability and over all fun.
How many of you are considering the Flux XS?
I believe they both have decent ground clearance, right?
Oh, I would consider the Mini E-Revo brushed version to save some money. Views on that as well please.
If you want something right now the mini e-revo is a good choice although I would get the brushless version over the brushed any day. The rear end ground clearance can be a bit low when you accelerate hard but if you thread up the spring retainers it can be improved and I am pretty happy with mine and how I have my suspension set up it tackles grass with ease which some people have problems with straight out of the box. If your not interested in upgrades but you want to address a few problems with the truck I would get alloy pushrods and turnbuckles and black springs all round with some 60wt oil in the shocks. The TRX pushrods and turnbuckles are probably the best you can get for it. Otherwise if you're willing to wait the Flux XS looks pretty good but I won't be getting one until they fix a few of the bugs.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Pyrotechnic

alright soo need some trouble shooting. just out in the steel cvds on the front....havent done the rear yet. but went out to run it and the front diff sounds pretty harsh. had to take apart the diff to put the cups in. now could taking it apart have dried it out that much to the point where its metal on metal? it was pretty clean in there to begin with and im pretty sure everything lined up. or is it by chance the metal cups and ball from the cvd just hitting against each other everytime theres throttle? i cant really pinpoint it and was just wondering from someone who has put the traxxas cvds on theres or if i need to fill the diff up.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:37 AM
MKIICoupe

So while I was on vacation in MD I found a shop that had the stock tires there so I picked them up so I could finally drive my revo. also ended up getting 2 lipos while I was there! This truck is a ton of fun! Kept me very ocupied in the rain doing back flips off the glass door of the condo!

video to follow

http://flic.kr/p/aqVzRb
Old 09-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Pyrotechnic

ahhh snow tires are in....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69919.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1667187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78939.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1667188  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Wheelnut

Nice pyrotechnic,
Could you tell us what body that is. I love Bug bodies

Name:	Ki18355.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1667192  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 PM
MKIICoupe

Proline makes one
Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Pyrotechnic

ORIGINAL: MKIICoupe

Proline makes one

thats the one ive got! love the look of it. its taken a beating to and held up nicely. will get some more pics up tomorrow under the hood...on a side note i stripped a couple teeth on my front diff, so just got a new one ordered.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:23 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Pyrotechnic

ahhh snow tires are in....

nice tires
Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Just got finished putting my merv back together and adding a few upgrades, it was out of action because of broken teeth on both diffs so I replaced and shimmed them. After I replaced the first one it didn't feel right so I took it back apart and found a tiny bit of metal sticking out on top of the pinion gear for the diff like an imperfection so I filed it off put it all back together and hey presto it worked... I love that feeling

Here are a few pics

Name:	Zx72235.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1667373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83052.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1667374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94519.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1667375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77341.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1667376  
Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Pyrotechnic

just went out for a quick run on the road...drove 50ft and one of the steel cups off the brand new traxxas cvd's sheered right off....not happy. called traxxas and they said to send it back in, so there goes another week and a half of no driving, but sounds like they will replace them so thats good.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: Pyrotechnic

just went out for a quick run on the road...drove 50ft and one of the steel cups off the brand new traxxas cvd's sheered right off....not happy. called traxxas and they said to send it back in, so there goes another week and a half of no driving, but sounds like they will replace them so thats good.
MAJOR setback for the durability expectations.
That sucks bro. I hate it for you.

Man, you have to send the whole truck back?? That really sucks. Why can't they just send you a new out drive? I guess they want to check out the whole truck and see why it broke. I guess they also want to see if they can come up with a reason to say you voided warranty.

Nice looking truck TKK
Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Pyrotechnic

not the whole truck just the cvd set, still cant drive without them though. the guy also said he didnt have any out drives to give me, only can replace the whole set which i was surprised about. but yea was expecting a lot more and now it has me thinking what about the next set if it will be the same thing.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

I had that happened to my Traxxas steel cvds a while back. Had to have my lhs order just the cup from Traxxas. I did notice my rear axles ride on the outer edge of the cups which I think it may have come out and sheered it off. Afterwards I adjusted the axle carriers in farther so that the axles were pushed in the cups further. Havent had a problem since.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Pyrotechnic

it was the front right on mine and ive got my axle carriers pushed in as far as they go without rubbing. anyway i figured ill dye the chassis in the downtime.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Wheelnut

Proline makes one
I would greatly appreciate it if someone would post a part# or link so I know I'm getting the right one/size.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Pyrotechnic

http://prolineracing.com/bodies/volk...6-e-revo-body/
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 AM
ll TheDude ll
Banned

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Proline makes one
I would greatly appreciate it if someone would post a part# or link so I know I'm getting the right one/size.
hey Wheelnut didn't you have a summit? I think the body posts are different on the summit so that pro-line bug body might not fit? does anybody else know if I am correct?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Wheelnut

Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure I will need to put the merv body post on, but they should fit on easy right? I also have some body post extensions I bought a while back. I need to see if they fit lol
Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Pyrotechnic

oh yea. went to take the front diff apart to get the out drives out....screws for the actual diff are pretty much stripped. at this point traxxas is just going to receive the entire diff if i cant get the screws out. ive only had the diff apart once and that was to first install the out drives, other than that it hasnt been touched.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Pyrotechnic

talked to a guy today from the repair department at traxxas. helped me out a lot more than the guy from customer service who i talked to weds. he said to just send in the whole diff and they will take care of it along with the cvd's. on a side not i got the chassis stripped, dyed, and put back together. i also picked up the 3500kv vxl motor for kicks and giggles, may use it in the mini revo or may not. too good of a price to pass up so just went for it. looking forward to running the truck again. still getting the kinks out of the dual servos, but did find a much nicer way to run the wires.

Name:	Ur52450.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1668277  
Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Wheelnut

Pyrotechnic, that is a very nice looking set up. Back in the day, an aluminum rx box would have caused interference problems. I'm guessing that's not the case with 2.4ghz.

Your truck is the first I've seen with dual servos. I was interested in this also. Since I'm new to this thread, would you mind giving me a quick rundown of the kinks involved with the dual servos and what else you've done to make it work?
I'm guessing you used a servo Y harness to make it work. Did you use the same servo linkage as the stock one, or did you change both out for something else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.