Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Pyrotechnic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

only real kinks so far is just getting the steering horn lined up with the other servo, otherwise they will fight, or turn hard one way and not so much the other. used the same linkage, just have aluminum steering horns. havent had any issues yet as far as signal...but then again ive used half a battery pack with it since ive gotten to new stuff so i havent noticed anything yet. i did use a 5" y harness. when i first set them up i had a lot of access wire, mainly from the servos, so i just neatly wrapped them around the servo, careful not to bend the connection to the servo itself. but it just looked sloppy. yestarday when i was putting everything back on i had the idea to run the wires through the vent directly behind each servo, through the battery tray, and out the other vent. turns out the wire length is perfect length. just take the wire in the battery box and tape it tight to the top of the battery tray. still working out the kinks and will keep you updated.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Thanks for the details. Nice idea on re-routing the wires. Sounds like it's going to work out.
I'm going to go ahead and get another servo and connecting gear. If set up right, I think this will help keep from stripping servos.
I have one of these servo drivers and believe it will help get it set up easier. You can tell the servo what the new center is.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84289.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1668335  
Old 10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I'm using RPM axle carriers and my pivot balls keep popping out [] ... My friend tried the golden horizon alloy ones but they are a bit of a joke I could not even fit the bearings in two out of the four of them so he got some integy axle carriers http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXANCX&P=Z and I don't really like them either. I'm thinking of maybe getting the traxxas aluminum heavy duty pivot ball caps http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXKL5&P=Z and going back to stock ? Does anyone know any other good axle carriers ?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
MKIICoupe

Untitled by vr2slw4u, on Flickr

Not quite what I wanted to happen but my paint screwed me :-(
Old 10-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Pyrotechnic

hahaha atleast you will never loose sight of it!

im looking for recommendations for an esc. waterproof/water resistant is a must as ill be driving a lot in the snow this winter. so far it looks like the best option is the lrp nexxt 4x which i mentioned earlier on here and after more research the only waterproof esc that i can find. is there any others out there that would be an upgrade from the stock esc??
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 AM
MKIICoupe

ORIGINAL: Pyrotechnic

hahaha atleast you will never loose sight of it!

im looking for recommendations for an esc. waterproof/water resistant is a must as ill be driving a lot in the snow this winter. so far it looks like the best option is the lrp nexxt 4x which i mentioned earlier on here and after more research the only waterproof esc that i can find. is there any others out there that would be an upgrade from the stock esc??
Yeah it's pretty darn bright lol I started with cobalt blue but it came out clear []then was like well it's just clear let's se if we can salvage it so I threw orange in the mix and BAM! it's pink.

Are you upgrading motors that you need another speed control? Sorry ive just been looking at pictures lately so I don't know what you have in store for tours
Old 10-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

"Yeah it's pretty darn bright lol I started with cobalt blue but it came out clear then was like well it's just clear let's se if we can salvage it so I threw orange in the mix and BAM! it's pink"

Sorry, but that's hilarious!! Thanks, that made my day. lol

Old 10-04-2011, 05:10 AM
MKIICoupe

Here is what it looked like after I sprayed the blue

Untitled by vr2slw4u, on Flickr
Old 10-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Pyrotechnic

i have the 3500kv vxl motor, but im not 100% on using it yet. biggest reason i want to upgrade is due to the stock esc overheating. it usually shuts down halfway through the pack, and then about 3/4 through the pack. this is a 2s lipo, usually running one at a time. and another reason is to have the option of using the bigger motor if i want to go that route, but so far ive heard mixed views on the pros and cons. all i do is bash, im happy with speeds around the 40mph mark for that. i also run on the road quite a bit as well. there are a few big parking lots that are lit up at night that i like to run around on. thats where i want to be able to use a 3s without issues to the esc. but most of the running i do is 2s and just bashing, i just like to have the option to run a 3s battery without worrying to much about heat issues.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Karontu

same thing happened when i sprayed the blue on my trusty rusty, i was spraying the paint into the air to see if i just needed to let some out before the blue started....then i read the can lol

on a side note, are the CVD driveshaft swaps a good idea in these little beasts?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Pyrotechnic

I tore my stock cvd's up pretty quick so I'd say yes, but at the moment I'm waiting for my steel ones to come back from traxxas, who I did call tOday and they said they did replace them so pretty stoked.

On another note I think I've made the decision to go BB.... Im having heat issues and it's driving me nuts, that and the fact that the speed bug bit me so yup, looking at my options currently. Any opinions? Trying to keep the price dowwwwnnnnn. It will probably be a bit before I commit as I need funds, but if the right deal is out there I might jump.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 AM
kaycerc

Name:	Bz77974.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1672720  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Pyrotechnic

Haha yea ikik. But I do have the 3500kv vxl so I guess Im looking for a decent, water resistant/proof esc. Unless getting a different motor would be better. Either way I'd like 50mph and cooler temps. Would the bigger vxl get me there relatively easily??
Old 10-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Pyrotechnic

well im gunna go with the lrp nexxt 4x and the brushed summit 540 motor mount and plate.

ahhhh maybe not. haha still thinking

on a side note just got a box from traxxas. gotta hand it to them, sent me new cvd's a new, complete diff assembly, and a new diff w/pinion gear. really stoked!! wasnt expecting the diff parts!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:28 PM
smenton

Looking at pickin one of these up
just a few questions how do they size up to 1/10th stadium truck? Does anyone have a photo with a mini revo next to 1/10th?

and what size are the wheels, 2.2s?
Old 10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Pyrotechnic

just went out for a run...stripped the rear diff. my own fault though as i didnt use shims, plus i now have 2 extras. either way my lhs doesnt carry any shim kits, and i was wondering if i can make my own or use a washer or anything like that? ive never shimmed a diff before and dont really know what they are made of or how they fit in. any input?

EDIT/update: after taking the diff apart i found there was already a shim in there.....just on the wrong side. looks like it will last longer this time. haha
Old 10-15-2011, 04:30 AM
rollingball

My first MERV, bought a bare bones chassis from eBay, I have the full size version of the Revo also. Many upgrades from The Toyz. Shocks, RPM front and rear arms, Steel push rods, PL rims and tires and finally front and rear chassis braces, intended for the stock tub, but had a change of plans due to oversized lipos. I have some Turnigy 1800 3S 20C packs from Hobby City. They are about 5 mm too long to fit the stock tub and a bit too high. So I got the Integy chassis. I modded some spacers and removed some to make what I have now work. Snug fit of the packs length wise and some room height wise. Other stuff from other vendors are a full set of GH half shafts and drive shafts, Lunsford Titanium Pivot Balls and a Traxxas wheelie bar with upgraded wheels.

Stuff in transit: Castle Creations SCT 3800 kV system, Pin Screws, PL Slipstream Body, Paint. Extra wide bumpers for the MERV and the rest of the fleet.

Going to be a porkey MERV. Got the 3800 system to compensate for the added weight. Also have a good selection of pinions to see what works best.

Name:	Pn35769.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1674566  
Old 10-15-2011, 06:49 AM
MKIICoupe

That thing sick
Old 10-15-2011, 07:07 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: rollingball

My first MERV, bought a bare bones chassis from eBay, I have the full size version of the Revo also. Many upgrades from The Toyz. Shocks, RPM front and rear arms, Steel push rods, PL rims and tires and finally front and rear chassis braces, intended for the stock tub, but had a change of plans due to oversized lipos. I have some Turnigy 1800 3S 20C packs from Hobby City. They are about 5 mm too long to fit the stock tub and a bit too high. So I got the Integy chassis. I modded some spacers and removed some to make what I have now work. Snug fit of the packs length wise and some room height wise. Other stuff from other vendors are a full set of GH half shafts and drive shafts, Lunsford Titanium Pivot Balls and a Traxxas wheelie bar with upgraded wheels.

Stuff in transit: Castle Creations SCT 3800 kV system, Pin Screws, PL Slipstream Body, Paint. Extra wide bumpers for the MERV and the rest of the fleet.

Going to be a porkey MERV. Got the 3800 system to compensate for the added weight. Also have a good selection of pinions to see what works best.
Looks nice... make sure you post pics when you get the motor.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 AM
kaycerc

Wow, you probably have the most pimped-out merv I've seen - but considering all the parts you've replaced I'm really left wondering why you even bought a roller to start with.

Enjoy.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
rollingball

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

Wow, you probably have the most pimped-out merv I've seen - but considering all the parts you've replaced I'm really left wondering why you even bought a roller to start with. [img][/img]

Enjoy.

Thats true! The roller I got was even more stripped down. Basically the tub, front and rear diffs and related along with body mounts and finally suspension arm pins. Nothing else such as suspension arms half shafts and knuckles, since I wanted better bits. The chassis change was unexpected. But I found a list that stated the Turnigy 3S 1800 would fit. Possible manuf. change. 1600 are the largest that would fit in the stocker. Not worth the trouble sending the packs back.

Oh well....
Old 10-15-2011, 07:49 AM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

Wow, you probably have the most pimped-out merv I've seen - but considering all the parts you've replaced I'm really left wondering why you even bought a roller to start with.[img][/img]

Enjoy.

Thats true! The roller I got was even more stripped down. Basically the tub, front and rear diffs and related along with body mounts and finally suspension arm pins. Nothing else such as suspension arms half shafts and knuckles, since I wanted better bits. The chassis change was unexpected. But I found a list that stated the Turnigy 3S 1800 would fit. Possible manuf. change. 1600 are the largest that would fit in the stocker. Not worth the trouble sending the packs back.

Oh well....
Consider that these trucks can already achieve warp speed status on 2s I'm not quite sure why you chose to go with 3s, but good luck getting it to survive.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:59 AM
rollingball

Higher voltage = lower amperage. And I don't have 2S balance taps. Many 3S ones Can gear it to stay under warp 1.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:04 AM
kaycerc

Higher voltage = lower amperage. And I don't have 2S balance taps. Many 3S ones Can gear it to stay under warp 1.

Amp draw is still more relative to the ESC being used, and draw of the motor, than what's available for supply by the packs.
Sure, you can gear down (to stay under warp 1) - as long as you don't mind ripping the tread off the tires.
Either way, good luck.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 AM
rollingball

Been there on the BL ERV. What were we doing before lipos and BL systems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.