Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
micro guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Ok well i was driving mine earlier today and i was jumping it. Well my cap popped off the shock tower . So know i am going to get stiffer springs and heavier oil in my shocks. What do you guys recommend? Or rather what did you guys with your shocks? I heard they are really soft, and they are. Please help.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
peelin_out

I hear, running with the black stripe spring (1.02) in the rear and the tan stripe (0.92) one in the front is pretty good.. then 60wt in the rear and 50wt / 45wt in the front? well, ymmv on that but it's somewhere to start I reckon.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: klaze

ORIGINAL: dacaur

You really cant compare nitro vs electric like that. Depending on how much you are willing to sacrifice runtime, you can make an electric do anything from just keep pace with to simply murder any nitro. But a half hour later when you are charging your $200+ worth of batteries, the nitro is still driving, and driving, and driving....
Nitro's overheat also.. They also need to be cleaned after every run.. And the motors need to be rebuilt regularly...

I also can't run nitro anywhere I run my electrics..

Nitro may be cheaper but it comes with a lot of it's own annoyances..
While I don't disagree that nitro comes with its own annoyances. (I don't think that either Nitro or Electric is all around better, each has its place, and I run both.), I need to point out that you have been misinformed. A properly tuned nitro will NOT overheat, no matter how long you run it, even in 100+ deg F weather. You DONT have to clean them after every run. A poorly designed exhaust system will get a truck all oily, but most nitros these days don't have a problem, and if you do you can get an exhaust deflector to route the exhaust (and the oil in it) away from the truck. I don't need to clean my LST XXL any more than I would clean an electric. The exhaust is routed out to the side and doesn't get the truck all oily, and the fuel tank has an overflow system so that if I spill a little fuel filling it up, it doesn't go all over the truck. Saying you need to rebuild the engine regularly is exaggerating a LOT. Depending on how well you tune and maintain the engine it will easily last 6 months to a couple years between rebuilds (in a non-race environment) And when an engine wears out, you can either rebuild it or replace it. A decent non-race engine isn't that expensive, About the same as an equal power brushless motor, and rebuilding it is a simple afternoon job that anyone can do..

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

Is there any way to adjust the toe-in? I see Thomas adjusted his and I want to do the same. There is just too much rear toe.
You can adjust it, but monster trucks do really well with a lot more toe than most people think it should have. Is the toe causing problems? If not, than I would leave it. if you really MUST adjust it, you just have to unscrew the pillow balls an equal amount till you get the toe you want. You can do it with the wheels on, just compress the suspension so the arms are level, and stick the Allen wrench through the wheel into pillow ball.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 PM
fox23

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

I don't want to start the old losi vs. trx debate, but Traxxas nitro vehicles break a lot more than losi nitro. Maybe the XXL is a worse handler than the LST2, but the LST2 is way more durable than the revo. Shock tower seams to be a bad driver, not the truck. You probably landed a 20 foot jump on the roof of the car. How could you break the backplate? I've not seen anyone with a bad fuel tank, and it only costs $10. I don't know what's up with your servo, my JRs have lasted for 4 years. And only 1/4 gallon on it? You haven't even fully broken it in yet. The XXL can easily hit 48, and the revo only hits 45 mph. It's tippy in corners because you haven't adjusted the shocks or you have the preload way up. A good muggified race LST2 will beat a E-revo platinum edition any day. And my Muggy, oh it will out perform any revo hands down stock, and with some truggy tires and and a 1 piece engine mout it will eat up any revo.
hah you compared them first...
Old 07-07-2009, 06:26 PM
micro guy

Would these work? Also what are the normal springs rated for?

Front...

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...e=MINI%20SLASH

Back...

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
micro guy

Also would these`s oils work?

Front...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSGB3&P=7

Back...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMZ17&P=7

Thanyou ! micro guy
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
peelin_out

I guess the slash springs are the same? are they? I thought so but not 100% positive. The oils are fine!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:50 PM
micro guy

I think they are they same? As peelin out said can anyone plese confrim it before i order?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
fox23

they are the same
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM
mycarisaser

While I don't disagree that nitro comes with its own annoyances. (I don't think that either Nitro or Electric is all around better, each has its place, and I run both.), I need to point out that you have been misinformed. A properly tuned nitro will NOT overheat, no matter how long you run it, even in 100+ deg F weather. You DONT have to clean them after every run. A poorly designed exhaust system will get a truck all oily, but most nitros these days don't have a problem, and if you do you can get an exhaust deflector to route the exhaust (and the oil in it) away from the truck. I don't need to clean my LST XXL any more than I would clean an electric. The exhaust is routed out to the side and doesn't get the truck all oily, and the fuel tank has an overflow system so that if I spill a little fuel filling it up, it doesn't go all over the truck. Saying you need to rebuild the engine regularly is exaggerating a LOT. Depending on how well you tune and maintain the engine it will easily last 6 months to a couple years between rebuilds (in a non-race environment) And when an engine wears out, you can either rebuild it or replace it. A decent non-race engine isn't that expensive, About the same as an equal power brushless motor, and rebuilding it is a simple afternoon job that anyone can do..
I have to say that my nitro motors do need to be rebuilt regularly. I drive alot. I can wear out a nitro motor in a few months easly. I can also say that there is no way you arnt getting oil or nitro on you truck(that doesnt happen). I have own nitro and run with nitro guy. I work on alot of nitro trucks too. Trust me they get dirtier than an electric running in the same place. Another thing YOU SHOULD RUN AFTER RUN OIL to prolong motor life. I run nitro b/c of the sound and tuning and b/c the powerband makes it easier to run on a racetrack but I run electric b/c is so much easier, its a plug and play, and has massive torque.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: klaze

You really cant compare nitro vs electric like that. Depending on how much you are willing to sacrafice runtime, you can make an electric do anything from just keep pace with to simply murder any nitro. But a half hour later when you are charging your $200+ worth of batteries, the nitro is still driving, and driving, and driving....
Nitro's overheat also.. They also need to be cleaned after every run.. And the motors need to be rebuilt regularly...

I also can't run nitro anywhere I run my electrics..

Nitro may be cheaper but it comes with a lot of it's own annoyances..
Both electric and nitro should be cleaned after every run...

And by regularly you mean what? Above average nitro motors that are taken care of properly will easily run an average 10 gallons of fuel with only engine bearings needing replacement, if that.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: micro guy

I think they are they same? As peelin out said can anyone plese confrim it before i order?
No, the slash springs are NOT the same!! You want tan http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...?keywords=7147 and black http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...?keywords=7148. The e-revo spring rates are about double what the slash rates are. The slash has about half the tire/wheel weight to control, so doesnt need as heavy springs as the e-revo....

The stock oil is 45 wt, so yes thats what you would want to refill the fronts if you are happy with the damping now, but I would go heavier, 50 or 55 and 65 in the rear if you run two batt's.... Thats where I plan to start anyway
Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 PM
it8ezbngrn

60 and 70 one other guy is running higher. I do have the aluminum bodies with tin coated shafts though
Old 07-07-2009, 11:36 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: squeaky penguin

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

what is the size of the motor... saw someone getting a 380 size heatsink,,, is the motor a true 40mm can.. if so.. who will be the first to put a neu motor in thiers
I planning on putting my buddies Neu 1107/1.5D in mine shortly!
what was the outcome...
would it fit.. ??
Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
fox23

No, the slash springs are NOT the same!! You want tan http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...?keywords=7147 and black http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...?keywords=7148. The e-revo spring rates are about double what the slash rates are. The slash has about half the tire/wheel weight to control, so doesnt need as heavy springs as the e-revo....

The stock oil is 45 wt, so yes thats what you would want to refill the fronts if you are happy with the damping now, but I would go heavier, 50 or 55 and 65 in the rear if you run two batt's.... Thats where I plan to start anyway
oh i assumed he was asking about size only, my bad. the weights are different.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:58 PM
micro guy

Ok, Thankyou! Good thing i didn`t order yet. I will be running on and off road. So i hope that combo will stick like glue. Well atleast when i am cornering. When i was hitting the jumps i was obvisoulsy bottoming out. I will still bottom out with the thicker oil in the back, and the stiffer springs. But not near as bad. And hopefully the tower won`t pop out of the cap this time! I was probobly getting about 4-5ft in the air.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Aloha Flyer

Front...

Back...

Thanks.
Once again, not a grease monkey but I had the same difficulty when ordering springs. Is your goal for stiffer springs with heavier weighted oil? IF SO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE "DOUBLE BANDED" Springs. They will be HALF the tension of the SINGLE BANDED SPRINGS. Check this list:

ORANGE: 1.76 rate #7145
GREEN: 1.92 rate #7146 (STOCK ALL AROUND)
TAN: 2.06 rate #7147 Popular Front
BLACK: 2.22 rate #7148 Popular Rear

DOUBLE ORANGE: 0.82 rate #7140
DOUBLE GREEN: 0.88 rate #7141
DOUBLE TAN: 1.02 rate #7142
DOUBLE BLACK: 1.15 rate #7143

You chose a DB Tan & DB Black
Sorry if this was not helpful[8D]
Old 07-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Aloha Flyer

I noticed on this thread and others recurring questions about Lipo Bat sizes that will fit in the E-Revo VXL. Additionally, Rims and tires from 3rd parties that will fit.
I would appreciate a few response on Lipos that fit- NOT probably. The ones YOU use! Please do the same for RIMS and TIRES. I will start....
Thanks

HobbyCity 3S Rhino 1050mAh 30C
HobbyCity 3S Rhino 1550mAh 20C
Thunder Power 3S Prolite 1350mAh 20C
Old 07-08-2009, 02:26 AM
micro guy

Yes i found that very helpfull! I was confused on which was which. Now i am straightend out .

ORIGINAL: Aloha Flyer

Front...

Back...

Thanks.
Once again, not a grease monkey but I had the same difficulty when ordering springs. Is your goal for stiffer springs with heavier weighted oil? IF SO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE ''DOUBLE BANDED'' Springs. They will be HALF the tension of the SINGLE BANDED SPRINGS. Check this list:

ORANGE: 1.76 rate #7145
GREEN: 1.92 rate #7146 (STOCK ALL AROUND)
TAN: 2.06 rate #7147 Popular Front
BLACK: 2.22 rate #7148 Popular Rear

DOUBLE ORANGE: 0.82 rate #7140
DOUBLE GREEN: 0.88 rate #7141
DOUBLE TAN: 1.02 rate #7142
DOUBLE BLACK: 1.15 rate #7143

You chose a DB Tan & DB Black
Sorry if this was not helpful[8D]
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Thomas P

Had one xciter lid here for an old project...cut it up, painted it and trimmed it in..

Old 07-08-2009, 09:46 AM
peelin_out

Hey - that looks great!

on the springs, well, ok... makes sense!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 AM
iTz Nicholas

Hey, anyone know if Towerhobbies is going to get a brushed E Revo. They have the brushed version of the Slash... Also do you thi k they will make a easypay plan for the E Revo VXL? That would make buying a lot quicker for me.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: Thomas P

Had one xciter lid here for an old project...cut it up, painted it and trimmed it in..

that is one sweet ride... once again good to see true racing shoes on these trucks.. not that the stock tires wont work... but for true racing.. something with a lil more proven bite would be best..

how does it run.. ????

has anyone had any issues with the diffs stripping under enomous torque or the cvd's breaking..

and yes i know i should get one.. i have to do my homework first... took me several months to get the vendetta after it came out..
Old 07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: iTz Nicholas

Hey, anyone know if Towerhobbies is going to get a brushed E Revo. They have the brushed version of the Slash... Also do you thi k they will make a easypay plan for the E Revo VXL? That would make buying a lot quicker for me.
do you have a link... i can only find the brushless version of the slash... i would like to see the price difference.. cause i wouldnt mind getting a bushed version of the e-revo.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
dubluv

Brushed e-revo is PART # 7105...MSRP will be about $30 less than the brushless...I guess if you have the gear lying around...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.