Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL 1/16 VXL Slash thread.

that's a good point. i thought about that also. for me, it simply comes down to "i like the looks of the slash". i don't now, but soon, i'd like to race my slash in the stock class. on some days, i'm completely okay with slash's easy-to-roll-over-ness, and other days, i'm completely fed up with how tippy it is. i guess that makes me somewhat fickle. maybe i'm looking for the scale looks of the slash, and the stability of the erevo.

ORIGINAL: combatman

ORIGINAL: HidosDeBrazil

my carpet set up
    I run 90wt shock oil in the front/double black springs and 100wt shock oil in the rear/double tan springs. I have some losi down stops. and some dynamite sedan tires. as for the jumps see for your self.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM7oj37vaHM[/youtube]

Thanks for the info. Are there any other mods necessary for that type of carpet racing? How do the tierods, differentials, and steering knuckles hold up?
    Nope just the mods I listed above. Iwas at the track the other day and noticed my slash pulls to the left why is this happening?
    www.Michiganrc.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foam Crazy

okay guys. i have some exciting info to share.

i found these nifty ''wheel wideners'' on ebay. these extensions make the standing width 11mm wider on each wheel. these should really help with some of the unwanted roll-overs we get on our slashes. plus, when you combined these wideners with after market offset wheels, such as my modified hpi ss wheels shown here with erevo tires, it makes the stance that much wider. total combined, it makes the 1/16 slash about as wide as the 1/16 erevo stance. mine came in at around 9'' wide, and i believe the erevo is 9.4'' wide.

if you're interested, look up ''RNR slash 1/16 wheel'' on ebay, and you will find them.

and here's another idea i have. i kept losing body clips, whenever i had a bad tumble or cartwheel. as a poor-man's solution, i drilled a couple of small holes near the body peg holes (i'm sure there are more accurate names for these things...) and ran a rubber band through to them, connecting to the body clips. this is a cheap way to keep the clips together on the body when you take a spill. i've had some nasty end-over-end spills recently, and the body clips never got lost.

your mileage may vary, but it works well for me.

my next project is an onboard video camera. stay tuned...
    Very cool adapters!
    almost 1" wider over stock..
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Lilredmachine can you tell me more about your setup? Shocks, springs, oil weight, tire and rims. I'm running on a gym floor with no jumps and am looking to lower my truck like yours. Need to beat Hpi Sprint 2 flux and mini revo, haha. I'm trying to get some more understeer. I have the RNR wheel wideners already and they are cool. How bout some picks of the truck with the shell off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just wondering has anyone had problems with the knuckle hubs? My RF snapped and will no longer let the ball joint sit in it. The LF is cracked to... I was really surprised when I broke it......
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh my rc god! i just got mine yesterday and let me say i am in love!

i was so exited i was watching all the videos online but i kept thinking they are all with 2 packs at 14.4well this thing in pretty nuts just with one pack, and on its first charge! so yes i got both connectors, and 6 total batteries, and a digital peak charger.
    now the only question is i need my batteries charged sooner!
    im headed to the beach!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

here is my own little review!

ok so today i took it to work, one pair of batteries in it,
    7.2v drifting for 15min in break room.
    7.2v speed runs on boardwalk for about 10min
    about 5 min on 14.4v stock gearing with body off. = motor was barely warm after 3 full speed runs, easily topped 50mph. only hit WOT forhalf a second! lol so 60+ definatly possible. should get the gps on it in a few days.
    and then
    7.2v for 15 more min solid around the bandshell area and some off roading and jumping curbs.

brought it home and got about 5 min more full power.

so im getting about 45-50 min per 2 batts. ive run the same way through 4batts yesterday too , same 45-50 min each pair in parallel. btw i have 3 pairs(six) batteries, stock trx 1200mah,

anyone else notice that the power drops real fast when they run out of juice?
    i been running them gently down to where the car wont do spins easily at WOT then stop and wait at least an hour before charging at 0.7amps.
    1.2 amps will do a batt in an hour but the battery will be hot.

so i was thinking. instead of running 14.4v continuisly to compete with a buddy with a 3s lipo, i was also thinking about making two 5 cell packs, with 1600mah cells. to run in series at 12v. so 12v 1600mah should out run a 3s lipo at 11.1v right? and should run about the same time?
    probably even be able to keep the stock gearing too right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this one's just a quickie, to show you guys how the slash looks with a revo body, wheel wideners, and hpi wheels. cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ki19825.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	1392138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ni22445.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	1392139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wb75948.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	1392140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	au57613.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	1392141  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dang I burnt out my servo...... Time for a dual setup?
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea i also busted a RF knuckle hub at the upper pivot ball last night at the track.

having steering issues too, every jump or bump i have to reset the steering trim cus it will veer badly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey anybody know whats a better spring to run then the stock? i want mine a bit stiffer, but im not understanding which size is stock, i do alot of mixed driving on sand and bumpy areas so i like it soft but it bottoms really easy and rear squats too much.

Here is my mini slashed tuned for carpet racing.
    I run 100wt shock in the front W/black springs 90 wt oil in the rear W/brown springs.
    [img][/img][img]<a href=[/img]

www.Michiganrc.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THE SNOW HAS FINALLY MELTED! its play time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you guys ever get sand in the tires? my rear wheels are packed with dirt/sand, i dont know how to get it out???
    originally the tires werent glued very well, so i reglued them but now ive noticed the rears are stiff as heck,  pulled on a loose spot and found a bunch of sand and moisture...

is there a way to de-glue them and clean the out? i tried "goof off" that didnt work,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think if you boil them in water the glue will release from the plastic but double check this an ask this question in the elec offroad section. i have never tried this so i am not sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

worked like a charm!!!

thanks!

i went ahead and took all 4 off, they came off without damage at all and i cleaned them all out, the rears were so packed the foam looked like rubber bands, after cleaning they look like brand new,,,

boil some water in a pot. use tongs to submerge tires,  keep turning them about every minut for about 8 minutes.  put them under cool tap water for a min, and just stretch them off the bead, the glue kinda "pops" and it came off clean for me, my wheels had a combo of factory glue and nail glue (superglue)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice, good hear well i am going to hit the sack i am tired .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Foam Crazy,

I just got my revo tires. it looks like they are going to rub on the body. did you change the springs or cut out the wheel wells? I have the spacers coming. should be here next week but i don't see how they will help with the rubbing. Maybe i need a revo body?

okay guys. i have some exciting info to share.

i found these nifty "wheel wideners" on ebay. these extensions make the standing width 11mm wider on each wheel. these should really help with some of the unwanted roll-overs we get on our slashes. plus, when you combined these wideners with after market offset wheels, such as my modified hpi ss wheels shown here with erevo tires, it makes the stance that much wider. total combined, it makes the 1/16 slash about as wide as the 1/16 erevo stance. mine came in at around 9" wide, and i believe the erevo is 9.4" wide.

if you're interested, look up "RNR slash 1/16 wheel" on ebay, and you will find them.

and here's another idea i have. i kept losing body clips, whenever i had a bad tumble or cartwheel. as a poor-man's solution, i drilled a couple of small holes near the body peg holes (i'm sure there are more accurate names for these things...) and ran a rubber band through to them, connecting to the body clips. this is a cheap way to keep the clips together on the body when you take a spill. i've had some nasty end-over-end spills recently, and the body clips never got lost.

your mileage may vary, but it works well for me.

my next project is an onboard video camera. stay tuned...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi there,

yes and yes. i did add those nifty stiff ace hardware springs, which has worked very nicely, and also trimmed some plastic around the wheel wells. if you flip back to page 7 of this thread, you can find my initial post, showing the trimmed body around the wheels, and such. i've tried several variations on wheels / tires for the slash, and i find that i like the slash with 1/16 erevo wheels / tires with wheel wideners, and ace hardware springs. this setup seems to glide over my grass the best, without getting stuck over taller grasses.

i see a lot of folks converting the slash over to a erevo. i think if this is what one wants, then the wheel widener seems to be the least expensive way to try the erevo dimensions without spending too much money. of course, you have to invest in some erevo spec wheels and tires, and even the erevo body, for the full package experience.

anyway, with some tweaking and head-scratching, it's all worked out pretty nicely to run mine as a slash or an erevo. i hope this helps.

- foam crazy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes very helpfull. Can you give me some more info on the Ace hardware springs? We don't have an ace here that I'm aware of. Lowes and Home Depot.

hi there,

yes and yes. i did add those nifty stiff ace hardware springs, which has worked very nicely, and also trimmed some plastic around the wheel wells. if you flip back to page 7 of this thread, you can find my initial post, showing the trimmed body around the wheels, and such. i've tried several variations on wheels / tires for the slash, and i find that i like the slash with 1/16 erevo wheels / tires with wheel wideners, and ace hardware springs. this setup seems to glide over my grass the best, without getting stuck over taller grasses.

i see a lot of folks converting the slash over to a erevo. i think if this is what one wants, then the wheel widener seems to be the least expensive way to try the erevo dimensions without spending too much money. of course, you have to invest in some erevo spec wheels and tires, and even the erevo body, for the full package experience.

anyway, with some tweaking and head-scratching, it's all worked out pretty nicely to run mine as a slash or an erevo. i hope this helps.

- foam crazy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know I asked a couple guys, but does anyone know easy way to get big tires on the slash?
    I Am lookig for a conversion kit type thing...and the erevo tires are my goal
    ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i've posted this also on page 9 of this thread.

i believe they were #93 compression springs. best way is to take your shock with you to ace hardware and try it on. it was an exact fit with no mods. try the link below also for more info. i lurk both sites for info.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=492114

ORIGINAL: Thorfinn

Yes very helpfull.* Can you give me some more info on the Ace hardware springs?* We don't have an ace here that I'm aware of.* Lowes and Home Depot.

hi there,

- foam crazy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. I've read both threads front to back now. I think i have a handle on it.

How does this setup do off a ramp. I like to jump.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Thorfinn

Thanks.* I've read both threads front to back now.* I think i have a handle on it.*

How does this setup do off a ramp.* I like to jump.
    hmm, this is a tough one to answer. i think it does alright, but then again i don't have a ramp. how big of a ramp? your mileage will vary... i jump small hills and stuff around the house. if you go up a incline and jump to land on a decline, then it's a smooth landing every time. if you jump off of a ramp to a flat asphalt, then it's going to shock your chasis. basically, if you jump from high enough to bottom out your shocks and bang the frame on the ground, then it's going to break something eventually.

often, i hear folks breaking this and that, and then point at the manufacturer or designer as the fault. my philosophy is, cars are no different than human body, in that, if you jump from a tall enough tree to land on your feet, but then your legs give out to hit your tailbone on the rock, well, it's going to hurt or break something. for some reason, people expect different things from offroad cars... anywho...

on a more practical note, as with most 4wd setups, the nose will dive more than a rearwheel drive machine. keep the wheels turning to keep the nose up, or speed down to dip the nose over to the ground. also try different weight shock oils to dial in the jumps. then again, i only backyard bash, so take it for what it is... good luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

okay. for just the sake of "because-i-can" reasoning, here's my slash with wheel wideners, slash wheels, and erevo body. i test drove this set up yesterday, and it goes like stink. i guess it is the most minimalist of all the components, and it looks a bit like an angry insect, when it goes around the yard. it does look and feel very "tight", is very sharp turning, and responsive. i dunno, but i may have to take it to the playground today and give it a whirl. cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bz77573.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	1427185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rm37912.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	1427186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kp34802.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	1427187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kd88852.jpg 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	1427188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xi62839.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	1427189  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	br12239.jpg 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	1427190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uw41599.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	1427191  

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast