Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL 1/16 VXL Slash thread.

how does the slash do with just the wideners and the standard slash tires? do the wideners help with stability?
    looks pretty cool..definitely insect like...like the transformers that turned into insects..insecticons

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let us know how it does.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think it does really well. it does tend to still bottom out on taller stuff (grass, rough terrain, rocks), but it is definitely more stable. i think if you run the slash on its intended terrain type (dirt track), you could also lower the chassis more to make it flip over even less. right now for me, i am on stiffer springs to help the rear not bottom out so much under hard acceleration. i think some people prefer that effect, but they are generally more experienced than i, and usually racers of some kind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

some of you had PM'ed me about this setup, so i tested it out this morning. slash, wheel wideners, erevo tires / wheels, ace hardware springs, and erevo body. i was initially concerned the rear tires might rub on the body, but as it turns out, it was fine and nothing scraped anything else. this said, if on stock springs, i think the rear tires would probably rub the rear fender sometimes. here are some pics. yeah, i need to give it a bath (more like a shower) later today. it was wet grass and some dirt and stuff flying up around. i do enjoy the occasional dew rooster tails, as i run back and forth on my grass. enjoy. cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wu60878.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	1427681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	je98618.jpg 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	1427682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ty65619.jpg 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	1427683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	un34600.jpg 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	1427684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	it10532.jpg 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	1427685  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	of59946.jpg 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	1427686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zb60622.jpg 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	1427687  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think you need to add the wing on the back. Looks good though. Especialy dirty. I recieved my spacers yesterday and my tires and wheels today. getting ready to set it up. Still need springs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Thorfinn

I think you need to add the wing on the back.Β* Looks good though.Β* Especialy dirty.Β* I recieved my spacers yesterday and my tires and wheels today.Β* getting ready to set it up.Β* Still need springs.
    ah, a wing, and maybe even a little wheelie bar... i might have to do just that! thanks.

okay, one more tip. when tightening on the wheels with the wheel wideners, try not to tighten down with too much torque. this tends to snap the tiny little pin that goes through the wheel axle, that holds the hex piece together. i snapped a few before realizing this. in other words, when i had put everything together and started to torque down the nut from the outside, using the traxxas socket wrench, i heard a small "pop" sound. when i took the wheel off again, i saw that the pin was snapped in 2. i think this happends anyway, and is not solely an issue with the wheel widener. but when i had the stock plastic hex nut on there, nothing snapped.

so, now i use cut-off high tensile strength 1/16" drill bit pieces instead of a traxxas stock axle pin. the traxxas pins are so weak and brittle, but i find that drill bits last much longer. i haven't broken a piece yet.

good luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Foam Crazy,

OMG Meats!!!The tires looked cool in your pictures but in real life their huge.I haven’t tried them in the dirt yet, hate to get them dirty!!!I have another question you might be able to help with.I have a 6 cell 1600 mah 7.2v battery.What’s a good charge rate?I have the thunder charger.
    I'm off to get my tires muddy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a 6 cell 1600 mah 7.2v battery.What’s a good charge rate?
    It is advised that nimh batteries should be charged using the 1C system, or at 1.0 amps per 1000mah of pack capacity. So in your case, 1.6A is the recommended charge rate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mrgoodbar

Β*I have a 6 cell 1600 mah 7.2v battery.Β*What’s a good charge rate?Β*
    It is advised that nimh batteries should be charged using the 1C system, or at 1.0 amps per 1000mah of pack capacity. So in your case, 1.6A is the recommended charge rate.
    this sounds about right to me. although, because my nimh charger does its own thing (ramps up and down on current during the charge cycle), i couldn't say for sure. i run on lipo mostly now. i come from planes and heli's, so i was concerned about banging around lipo packs, but i have had no issues so far. i did, though, add some foam padding inside the battery compartment to keep the movement to a minimum. i think it helps.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup 1.6 did just fine. My Slash MT did great. climed my dirt pile like it was a goat. Picked up a used 1/10 2wd today. Needs bigger batteries. I also have a Blade 400. I'm better at fixing it than flying it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I took the body off the motor esc and battery were very hot.  Not too hot to touch but hot.  I didn't notice that before but wasn't looking for it either.  Could the big tires and wheels be causing that?  Do I need to change my pinion gear?  If so what size?  How hot is too hot?  Running a 1600mha NMHI.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I took the body off the motor esc and battery were very hot.Β* Not too hot to touch but hot.Β* I didn't notice that before but wasn't looking for it either.Β* Could the big tires and wheels be causing that?Β* Do I need to change my pinion gear?Β* If so what size?Β* How hot is too hot?Β* Running a 1600mha NMHI.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I took the body off the motor esc and battery were very hot. Not too hot to touch but hot. I didn't notice that before but wasn't looking for it either. Could the big tires and wheels be causing that? Do I need to change my pinion gear? If so what size? How hot is too hot? Running a 1600mha NMHI.
    I use the "5-sec finger rule." If you can't hold your finger on the motor for 5 seconds without burning yourself, gritting your teeth, or screaming, it's too hot.
    Big tires are definately the problem. You either need to change back to stock sized wheels, or start by dropping at least 4 teeth on the pinion.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I passed the 5 second rule no problem. I'll run it again today and check it. I will go to a different pinion though. Thanks.

ORIGINAL: mrgoodbar

When I took the body off the motor esc and battery were very hot. Not too hot to touch but hot. I didn't notice that before but wasn't looking for it either. Could the big tires and wheels be causing that? Do I need to change my pinion gear? If so what size? How hot is too hot? Running a 1600mha NMHI.
    I use the "5-sec finger rule." If you can't hold your finger on the motor for 5 seconds without burning yourself, gritting your teeth, or screaming, it's too hot.
    Big tires are definately the problem. You either need to change back to stock sized wheels, or start by dropping at least 4 teeth on the pinion.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yep, i had the same thing too. the stock nimh batteries heat up quickly. i changed to the included "speed pinion", and am running lipo's now. the 2200mah 20c 2cell lipos i run now doesn't even yawn even when i run at full speed the entire time. the motor and the ESC does heat up a little though. i've measured them at upto 165 degrees F. for me, things that reach temperatures of about 115-120F tend to be too hot to hold for long. 165F is definitely impossible to keep your finger on for long.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone know a good cheap drop in replacement for the servo? Pretty sure the plastic gears are stripped... Man this mini slash just doesnt have the popularity of the merv... I emailed RPM again about maybe making parts for the mini slash. We will see what they send back.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Dear Matt,
    We are working on a couple of additional parts for the 1/16th Revo but nothing at the moment for the Slash. I apologize for the bad news.
    Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail."

Might as well make my slash a merv.....
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Hi guys and gals,
    we are working on more parts for the 1/16th slash. We are going to release our delrin arms very soon.

Hitting our distributor next week is our new cnc'ed ABS rims. These rims work with 1/18th scale AE or losi tires.
    Pictured are the rims running losi paddle tires.

DrivenProductions

Owner Driven Productions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They look pretty spiffy!

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

They look pretty spiffy!

Thank you

Their a blast, we'll get some vids up soon with our test truck running all 4 paddles in the sand with a 3cell lipo.

Owner Driven Productions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool! So you own Driven Productions? How long have you been around?

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Cool! So you own Driven Productions? How long have you been around?
    Yes I do, DP has been around since 2005.
    Owner Driven Productions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I am trying to get pics up but I went to remove the wheels and one of them wouldnt come off.  As I loosened the wheel nut it was a difficult task every thread. It got to  point where it is now that when I turn the nut it will make a pop.. the nut and the wheel axle that is inside the nut turn togther...How do I get something instrument wise on the otherside of the nut to try and hold the axle?
    I am sure pics will help but looking to see if anyone else has had this issue..and to make it even worse..I was able to get all the other erevo wheels on it so it would be ready to go

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so here are some photos... yuo can see the wheel now is not tight on the car but the nut wont loosen any further..any further turn causes the nut to turn along with the axel inside. its not a fluid movement it will pop a turn then not move.. any ideas how to get the wheel off?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo38872.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	1442634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf10157.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	1442635  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i`d get a dremel and grind the nut away (carefully) , sounds like you may need a new nut and axle

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast