Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL 1/16 VXL Slash thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 AM
slash116vxl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL 1/16 VXL Slash thread.

The way I cut down on roll-overs is to put street tires on, and I lowered it loads by getting a set of the Traxxas Rally shocks (they are the same as stock but come with a travellimiter). It is now really low and rarely rolls over. Another thing that helps is running with two identical packs at the same time as the car is balanced, with weight on both sides.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Lurp06x

well if anyone cares or not but i have had my mini slash vxl for over a year now and just fixing everything that has loosened up or needs to be replaced. well first thing that i am replacing is the tires. the two rear are bald out, and one of the front tires shredded apart. then theres the body. the rear part where you put the body clips in have been ripped and cracked to heck. plus other various cracks and dings through out the body. need to replace the axle carriers on all four sides, they are a bit loose from wear and tear, plus the push rods and toe links need to be replaced from wear and tear too. i got alum. toe links because they were the worst so in the futur i would only need to replace the ends, the push rods werent too bad so i just got stock ones to replace. i am replacing the the front upper and lower a-arms, they arent broken or cracked they are just worn down so much on the outside from srcapping the ground that any more abuse could mean a wreck. also the front skip plate needs to be replaced it is scrapped and worn out plus a little bent out of place i lost a suspension pin because of how bad of condition of the front skid plate is in. i am getting pivot balls too for the heck of it.

other wise before this i have replaced the servo on it with a hitec micro servo or something of hitec cant remember an too lazy to look. i have had to replace the back bumper. the thing i have replaced the most probably replaced this part about 5 times is the front body mount. the part that breaks on them is the front of them were they attach to the front bumper. it always cracks or breaks apart at that spot.

otherwise this is still my favorite rc i have so far. my blitz is haveing ball cup issuses, my jammin x1 is sitting in pieces and needs to be worked over. and my stampede looks like a hack job of various electrontics slapped on it and the axle carriers and ball barrings need to be replaced badly on it.

sorry i didnt post any pics i dont have a camera [:@]
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 AM
domizgood

hi guys

iv started a new thread called OFFICIAL MINI BLING CAR THREAD its purly about blinging up your cars so feel free to post any pics and vids

cheers dom
Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 AM
slashobob

well sorry it took me so long my cpu broke and lost my job but to run on road you can use zipties to limit suspension travel  and take all of the preload out of you shocks or do what i did was put a 3mm piece of nitro fuel line inside the shock house and use thicker  shock oil and a good set of on road tires like hpi sedan rims and foams,and scruffed up drift tires most are 12 mm hex and easily fit
Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM
NitroNuisance

Sorry if this has already been talked about but I don't wanna read this whole thread.lol Has anybody found any aftermarket rear bumpers with mudflaps? I like the way they look on like the sc18 and other sc trucks. They look more scale
Old 02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
NitroNuisance

Does anybody know if the futaba 3pl reciever R2004GF will fit in the rx box? Or does anyone know the dimentions of the rx box? The RX is (39 x 26 x 10mm)
My mini slash will be here Wed and my 3pl will be here like thursday.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:24 AM
NitroNuisance

ORIGINAL: Foam Crazy

... and here is one more set of images. these just arrived. the wheels and tires are HPI nitro off-road types with matching 12mm hex mount parts. as you can see, the wheels are diameter sized somewhere in between the slash and erevo wheels dimensions and the width too is somewhere in between.

i haven't glued them in yet, as they are a pretty tight fit. i'm going to run them unglued and see if that might work okay for bashing.

the grey wheel is also the same type of wheels and only different in the way it looks.

Cool, I like the way those black wheels look and the lifted body actually does look pretty good also with those big wheels.I however am going in the other direction. I want to tighten up my suspension and lower it a bit. Do they make road tires for those wheels though? I really like the size and look of them and want a pair with some low profile tires. Also I read that u put the 3pm in yours. How did the reciever fit? I just ordered a 3pl and am hoping I can get the reciever in the rx box so I don't have to get rid of it and use a baloon. I can't find the specs for the origional rx or the rx box anywhere? My radio is suppose to be in the mail today but I just can't wait to see if it will fit.lol

i'm using the wheel wideners on this setup. gonna run em tomorrow and will let you guys know how it works...
Old 02-17-2011, 09:10 AM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: NitroNuisance

Does anybody know if the futaba 3pl reciever R2004GF will fit in the rx box? Or does anyone know the dimentions of the rx box? The RX is (39 x 26 x 10mm)
My mini slash will be here Wed and my 3pl will be here like thursday.
It will probably be a tight fit, but I think it will work. I recently bought a Brushed Mini Summit, which I believe has the same radio box with a slighly shorter cover to allow room for the larger 550 Titan motor. My receiver is listed as 41 x 27 x 15 and it fit. Just barely, and I had to make a tiny modification to the inside of the cover, but your cover should be a tad bigger, and your receiver is a bit smaller, so I would think it will work.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
NitroNuisance

Great news and thanx for your help.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
NitroNuisance

2 more ?'s anyone tried putting a revo wing on the slash for speed runs on a road setup? Also does anyone know an any higher torque metal gear servo's that will drop right in?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Lurp06x

people have put revo wings on before i think all you have to do is some trimming of the body.

with the servo i think hitec has a few that will drop in i have an hs-81 in mine right now and its working fine
Old 02-20-2011, 01:26 PM
NitroNuisance

ok cool. I just got my vxl slash in the mail on Wed along with 2 3s lipo's and I have to say this thing is a blast! I love it. I was a little worried about it sucking after reading all the posts on here of people complaining about how unstable it is but with a little dual rate adjustment to turn down stearing sensitivity on my new futaba 3PL radio it's awesome. Sure if you crank the wheel when ur wide open it's going to flip but you have to take into consideration that this thing is doing like 960 mph scaled down at wide open throttle on 3s or 12 ni/mh cells. I have no problems keeping it shiny side up. Now my question is will the esc handle the 2-2s lipo's I ordered running in series as 4s? It handles 3s with the stock gearing easily without anything getting barely warm. And I know it handles 2 ni/mh packs so I'm thinking it should be ok? Anybody else running 4s?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:43 AM
350TacoZilla

you guys are asking alot the same questions I have so i thought I would chime in..

anyone ever try the losi 1/18th buggy tires? i cant find the size listed anywhere for them other than their width (28mm rear 20mm front)

saw where driven products said they used 1/18th losi paddles

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73015.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1681620  
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 350TacoZilla

you guys are asking alot the same questions I have so i thought I would chime in..

anyone ever try the losi 1/18th buggy tires? i cant find the size listed anywhere for them other than their width (28mm rear 20mm front)

saw where driven products said they used 1/18th losi paddles

The 1/18 Losi wheels and tires are to small for the Slash.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 AM
itsfishi

hey guys mine dont work on 4s,

dont know if you know or not but 2200mah nanotech 25-50c batts fit better than turnigy or zippy 2200 batts. dont know who does the measuring at HK but someone should tell em to get a new tape. hope this helps.(still have to cut door for wires)
Old 11-07-2011, 08:57 AM
9five9

Have you run it with that setup yet?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:50 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: itsfishi

hey guys mine dont work on 4s,

dont know if you know or not but 2200mah nanotech 25-50c batts fit better than turnigy or zippy 2200 batts. dont know who does the measuring at HK but someone should tell em to get a new tape. hope this helps.(still have to cut door for wires)
What do you mean? "dont work on 4s"

When I had my mini slash/revo, I cut open the rear vents and ran the wires through there because otherwise they rub on the wheels.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:16 PM
itsfishi

nitronuisance asked if could run 2 2s in series so 4s i tried on mine but esc would not arm. admittedly i have not read the manual or anything just tried hooking the batts up. let me know if it can be done, just wanted a laugh not to run it like that all the time.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:36 PM
9five9

Just bombed through a bunch of snow with the mini slash. This is what I bought the truck for,and it's putting more smiles on my face than any other vehicle has. The truck works amazing on hard packed snow. The stock tires have just enough traction to get the truck moving, but enough slip to allow the truck to drift perfectly anywhere I want it to. As we get more snow, I'll be making a backyard short course snow track for the truck,and I'll be making lots of videos.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:00 PM
hound54

been almost a year since the last thread in here
anyways
just ordered a losi mini late model body for my slash
also ordered a hitec hs 82 servo
i`ll post when im done

Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 AM
9five9

I'm curious to see how that looks. What tires will you be running with that body? With the right setup, that could be really cool on a dirt oval track! Post pics.

BTW thanks for dusting this thread off. I just realized I was the last poster before you. We didn't end up getting enough snow all last winter to make the snow track I was wanting to make. Hopefully we get some snow this year.

I wanna see some more mini slashes out there ripping it up. With the right set up and a little practice, these trucks stinking fly.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
hound54

The losi body fit like it was made for it 
I'm on my iPad o I can't post a pic I'll get one up later

Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 PM
9five9

do you run on dirt ovals much? I'd give that a try.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

I just got a mini slash vxl. got a new servo and body on it.
will post pics sooon
Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

what parts(if any) should be aluminum on the mini slash??
link to said items
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca..._skc=300&rt=nc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.