Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL 1/16 VXL Slash thread.

ORIGINAL: fox23

throw some revo arms/pushrods/toelinks/driveshafts on it and it shouldnt be as tippy anymore.
    I was thinking that as well, but it surely wouldn't do any favors for the "scale" appearance. I might just buy the parts to be able to swap around.
    I brought the Slash with me to the track yesterday hoping to try it out during practice, but of course I left the battery sitting on my workbench... Oh well.
    Matt Smith
    If you\'\'re not having fun, you\'\'re missing the point.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was going to do something like that and make a project car out of it but after spending way over $100 in upgrades to my revo I just thought having one of these things to shovel money into is enough, especially since I don't have an ideal spot to drive it in arms reach... so I sold it this weekend.
    Traxxas Stampede 4x4, Tamiya Clodbuster, HPI WK
    2x RC18R, RC18T, Micro-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fox23

throw some revo arms/pushrods/toelinks/driveshafts on it and it shouldnt be as tippy anymore.
    If you did that it wouldn't be a Slash.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well this thread died out about 4 months ago but oh well,

I've got mini slash vxl ordered an it should be here wed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So i managed to break both front lower arms on my slash today, and im getting tired of how much it flips, so it looks like im converting it to a revo when i get the cash

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HEY! i just got my slash mini today but its doing this weird chugging when you push it on the floor. i checked the the motor, pinion, spur, and slipper. is it suppose to do that because then i went an checked to see if my rusty did that but it rolls smoothly.

Any suggestions??

i was thinking maybe the driveshaft or somthing like that but it was a pain just to get the reciever cover off an adjust the slipper an all. everything is much smaller.

Oh an something i want to add. when i first opened it up first imppresion was that it looked a little cheaply made but i took it out an was impressed with how well it handled in the snow.

sorry i couldnt wait i had to drive it but i noticed the chugging before i drove it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe the pinion and spur gear are meshed to tight?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no i checked the gear mesh an actually pulled the pinion an spur apart so there not touching an rolled it and it still did the chugging.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK so i been busy lately. but i managed to call traxxas an the guy said that its most likely my rear diff, when i went to the hobbyshop in town the guy said "i dont think anything is wrong the diffs just have some burs on it from manufactoring an need to be broken. an then told me to take it slow with it until it breaks in????????

so i am going with the traxxas advice an tomorrow after work i am going to tear apart the rear diff. put if something is wrong i am going to send it back an get it fixed in there expense. not mine because i just got it yesterday. an i want to play with it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just checked both of my Mini Slashes and Mini Revo and they do not make the noise you are describing..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got off work an going to take a nap, havent recovered from last night yet an working early in the morning with 3hrs of sleep kills you. but when i wake up i will pull the rear diff apart an see whats inside,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just rebuilt my rear diff, its a pain in the *****

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i opened up the rear diff an checked out everything looked ok and when i put it back together an checked to see if the noise was still there and it wasnt. I thought "what the". pretty odd maybe what ever that was making the noise fell out or something but it isnt there anymore. plus afterwards i ran it pretty easy. an then three hours latter i ran it hard an nothing. the thing is a beast in the snow, well not deep snow but like fresh snow fall i love to drive it through that stuff an just see that nice rooster tail of snow behind the wheels.

Oh i up graded the shocks to double tan on front an back an have 50wt oil in front an back as well and got the y harness an another batt. I am very surprised on how long the run times are with the two batteries i was getting like 15 to 20 min run time out in -5F degree weather. nothing broken yet, drives strong, accelerates very good, looks good too. i wanted to get the MERV but didnt because i like the SC look. just a pain to get the reciever box open, a pain to adjust the slipper, an a pain to change out the pinion. but other wise i would recommend this rc to anyone.

i havent had problems flipping on the side at all because of the snow an i mainly got this for snow bashing bcause im not a fan of oval racing an thats the only in door track in town.

Jon

I will get some vids up after my wifes b-day im getting her a High def camcorder.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am very new to this hobby
    Can anyone summarize if brushless 1/16 Slash or E-Revo have any known quality or reliability issues?
    I am not sure if it's right for me, as I want a 1/16 brushless that's reliable and can handle running in winter and in wet wether.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: condor11

I am very new to this hobby
    Can anyone summarize if brushless 1/16 Slash or E-Revo have any known quality or reliability issues?
    I am not sure if it's right for me, as I want a 1/16 brushless that's reliable and can handle running in winter and in wet wether.
    Both trucks are great and have waterproof elecronics. As for reliability issues they are just like every other RC on the market, parts will occasionally break due to use or miss use of the vehicle. If I were you I would go with the Mini Revo do to it being more stable going into and out of turns. The Mini Slash has a tendancy to roll over in the turns due to a narrower wheel base.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah these are pretty sturdy. there not like Tyco rc cars. if this is your first hobby grade rc you will be surprised on how sturdy they are. i went with the slash because the wheels aren't exposed an less of a chance of them breaking off. i have had a problem with that on the rustler. thats why i didnt get the revo but the revo is all around better, well almost. actually they are pretty much the same thing except for the arms an body. but just the wider stance of the revo makes it that much better.

oh an by the way i was sucessful in breaking off my front bumper. had it for less than a week. well i been running it pretty hard too day so its mainly my fault. but oh well no i get to take it apart again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I seem to read unusually high number of reports that go like "my ECS is toast". Is there a known issue of ECS reliability on these?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you don't set the ESC right for NIMH, 2s lipo or 3s lipo, you will have issues with the ESC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

crap nevermind i didnt break the front bumper i broke the front body mount which is what holds on to the front bumper. with a flimsy oval, an only two screws holding on to it. has anybody look at doing a little bit of some re-engineering on that bumper to sturdy it up. it would of been nice if it was attached to the front skid plate too so theres at least four screws holding her down not two.

But i most say this thing is a my new favorite out of the box an add a y harness an another battery an this will spank most rc's! (with decent driving skills that is) My wife has claimed it hers too drive when we go out to the track together. [:@] oh well

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a update for any body how cares, got my bumper fixed an also got a specktrum 3300t reciever with telemetry for $80 at my lhs. pretty sweet deal. he had a whole bunch of them an didnt know that there was a sports reciever for $50 out there an said he would give it too me for $20 less, nice guy. but i think its hard times for him since a new lhs opened last summer. Pretty tight fit for the reciever havent hooked up any of the telemetry stuff. didnt want to piss around with that stuff in a mini. im saving it for my new buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello everyone,

this is i think my first post in the cars / trucks area. i'm normally a plane and heli guy. and so this is my first truck. my 1/16 slash is pretty much stock, other than a few mods here and there.

i am still looking for that perfect on-grass off-road wheel / tire combo. for now, i've settle on using the 1/16 e-revo wheel / tire combo as it does really well on the thick heavy grassy stuff. i'm very happy with what this combination can do in my front yard. i'm a beginner at bashing, and i don't really like to try to break this thing too much. after all, i've invested good money in this thing, so i like to take it fairly easy.

here is my mods list:

- stock 1/16 e-revo wheels and tires (let's me run on thick grass)
    - trimmed body around the wheels to allow more clearance
    - deans ultra connectors all the way around (an old habit. traxxas connectors look to also do the job just fine.)
    - deans ultra parallel connector (i almost always run a single battery pack though)
    - velcro wrap on speed controller wires to parallel connector to keep the wires from banging around (airplane / heli habit)
    - ace hardware springs (no more sagging and bottoming out even under heavy acceleration and medium jumps)
    - coiled antennae (stays inside the body shell which is good for when the truck flips. this is the stock AM radio system.)
    - trimmed battery door (i've opened up the front of the battery door to allow the battery wires to run out the front.)
    - 2s 2200mah lipo battery (i think these are the hobby-king zippy flight 25c packs)
    - battery bay foam padding (keeps the battery from banging around inside the compartment)
    - traxxas speed pinion

this setup is an absolute riot, and this thing is a wheelie machine. i can readily go even slight downhill, at about 10mph and still flick the trigger to bring up the front end. i do my share of sliding it on its roof and end-to-end cartwheels down the street. i'm very pleased at how well this thing holds up in tumbles.

keep having fun, guys!

- foam crazy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92684.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	1350081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq50699.jpg 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	1350082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch95693.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	1350083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ic83495.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	1350084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pa33465.jpg 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	1350085  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tj74448.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	1350086  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

beefy wheels looks sweet. i like the tires with it works perfect for going through snow an driving on ice i love sliding, an have now perfected it that i can control how i slide an i am able to make quicker turns sliding. plus i like the scale look of the slash. if only ae came out with there sc18 brushless ready an waterproof electronics. that was the main selling point for me on this thing.

but looks good i guess you dont have any snow down where your from. . but i hope you enjoy the mini slash its pretty tuff. so pushing it a little hard wont hurt it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very nice slash, i didnt know the wide revo wheels and tires could fit on the slashs wheelbase

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kishon

So i managed to break both front lower arms on my slash today, and im getting tired of how much it flips, so it looks like im converting it to a revo when i get the cash
    do you do most of your driving in the streets?
    IMO this thing slides real good in the dirt and most when it rolls it lands almost always on its tires..
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

I like this slamed mini slash...I have the same Amsoil one on order...might haveΒ*toΒ*get a set of road tires for it too.
    hey thanks!
    this is another pic, different angle with the Jaco wheels and tires

I should have started a thread over hear when I first got this truck back in April.. and I've just today found this thread.... [:-]
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast