Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL 1/16 VXL Slash thread.

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

I only have a nimh charger and Im on a limited budget so im just staying brushed for now.
    You can run the Mini Slash just fine on NIMH and brushless.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^ I know just not willling to drop 120 on a new esc and motor.

Finally got a response from RPM about parts for the slash.

"Dear Matt,
    Unfortunately, there aren't any plans for 1/16th scale Slash a-arms just yet (they aren't the same as those found on the Mini E-Revo). We're using the Mini E-Revo a-arms as a feeler to see if the 1/16th scale market is strong enough to support a line of RPM products. Please give us some time to see how the market holds up and if it does well, I'm sure you'll see quite a number of new parts in 1/16th scale from RPM in the not too distant future.
    Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope they do parts for them soon. Although the car seem pretty resistant to hard bashing!

I have currently all my cars in the shelf, only using the slash!

It is quite awesome. Looks like a real truck and it seems like a real car when driving.

Kind like the need to reduce throttle input so the car wonΒ΄t flip when hard turning.
    hk-t500;Mini titan;mosquito | 1/16 slash brushed ; wheely king | in the shelf: Tl-01b;Rc18b ;Xray m18mt;

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i bent my slipper pin and also ripped off my front body mount . broke the third one [:@]. but my question is how do you bend the slipper pin when its buried in the the middle of the chassis an has a receiver box an motor protection it on both sides.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hear you ... we need a tire selection for this truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes agree tire selection for the mini slash would be nice. i think that the main reason why this thread is so dead. at first when the mini slash came out it was all the rage, but since the merv an no hops or new bodies or tires have come out for the mini slash its kind of a downer an makes people want to find something else were they can continue to drive an build up there rc. but the mini slash so far is just a stock rc an thats all you can do for it except put Aluminum parts on an up grade the battery an charger.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thought that this truck would have way more support behind it.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone tried applying thin CA glue to the sidewall and part of the outer tread of the front tires to reduce traction roll? This is a trick used by carpet racers to avoid traction roll. So, the parts of the tires with CA will be hard and smooth, and the front end of the truck will "push" through the turns a little instead of grip the road, thereby preventing traction roll. How far along the outside edge you would need to apply CA glue, and not completely lose steering, requires some experimentation...
    My video channel for RC tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LowBudgetRC?feature=mhee

WWW.TRAVELINGMINISPEEDWAY.COM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: combatman

Has anyone tried applying thin CA glue to the sidewall and part of the outer tread of the front tires to reduce traction roll? This is a trick used by carpet racers to avoid traction roll. So, the parts of the tires with CA will be hard and smooth, and the front end of the truck will ''push'' through the turns a little instead of grip the road, thereby preventing traction roll. How far along the outside edge you would need to apply CA glue, and not completely lose steering, requires some experimentation...
    most CA glue will crack and flake off with rubber tires.. if your talking the stock tires
    CAing foams on a short side wall will help for a race and also it can wick into the foam vs rubber for a better bond
    this would help with foams on the mini
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just tape the tires instead. Cut a length of electrical tape long enough to go around the tire and have a little overlap, then lay it on a sheet of glass and slice it down the middle so it's 1/2 width. Then wrap the outer edges of the tires with this, seems to be just about the right balance so that you can slide without traction rolling, yet not turn it into a drifter.
    Matt Smith
    If you\'\'re not having fun, you\'\'re missing the point.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've used CA on rubber tires before, and it lasted for a few weeks. I wonder if anyone tried either the CA or tape on the stock tires when racing their 1/16 Slash on carpet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: combatman

I wonder if anyone tried either the CA or tape on the stock tires when racing their 1/16 Slash on carpet.
    That's where I was running my slash with the taped tires last weekend. In between the heats, I was goofing off with that truck on the carpet oval track.
    Matt Smith
    If you\'\'re not having fun, you\'\'re missing the point.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys just bought some down stops the other day and was wondering how to install them. Packet came with these http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...SC6466-100.jpg 8 smaller/shorter ones clear ones. Dont know witch one goes in what order and how many to put in each shock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I changed the pinon on the slash for the series connector..now its raining of course
    Why dont all compaines make their system like traxxas. that motor fits so nicely against the spur, and the boolt on the pinion is fat...and the motor shaft has a flat spot!!
    I raced some skateboarders down a steep hill, it crushes them but I kept running into the curb...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alright guys. i am definitely agreeing with you all here, in saying that the mini slash needs more wheel and tire options.

i just came back from testing a set of hpi 2.2" wheels with 6mm offset, paired with traxxas mini erevo tires. while this combo gets rid of the tires rubbing on the frame, due to the 6mm offset, mounting the wheel to the axle is not as secure. i bearly run out of axle thread when mounting these wheels, and i wish i could turn 2 more times to be absolutely secure. and, while it works for short burst runs and general bashing, the tire to wheel is not a perfect match, and can wobble after a while. as the wheels are failry exposed, they do get scuffed up pretty badly in short order. net net, i would not recommend this direction.

added a couple more tweak mods to my mini slash.

- turned the bent AM receiver antennae tube to face forward (this antennae setup works great, as it hides under the body, and still gets good radio reception.)

- added small nylon washers to keep the body from rattling so much

oh, and i have one more mod, well, this time, to the stock radio. i saw another basher here mount his camera to the radio using rubber bands. i thought, well, maybe my mini tripod might work here. and it does! i'm happy that it came out kind of nice and clean. the mini tripod, i think named "ultra pod", has this tree-hugging velcro strap feature already built in. i thought, "wow what an unimpressive feature" when i first bought this thing a few years ago. who would've thunk it will work so nicely here? for the most part, my wife helps me with my RC stuff only on my birthday (sob sob). so, this self-film feature might be fun to play with. we shall see.

keep bashing, guys.

-foam crazy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn37411.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	1359883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa85164.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	1359884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lq38275.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	1359885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cz80121.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1359886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf12766.jpg 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	1359887  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg92202.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	1359888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lf95098.jpg 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	1359889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fr90992.jpg 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	1359890  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats a pretty sweet [X(]

for now i am going to wait on modding until stuff breaks, i thought about buying a bunch of tires and rims an seeing what works but i will wait on others to do that. but i have been doing some snow bank bashing and mastered the wall run on the side of a 6ft snow bank. wish i had a video camera to show . funny thing is i get some weird looks from people as they see a grown man playing with a mini slash. but all the kids in the neighborhood love to watch and i dont mind letting them drive it either because its fairly bashable. this mini slash keeps getting better each time i drive it. cant wait until summer to take it out to the track. well during the summer my wife has claimed it as her rc to drive while at the track.[:@]

Hey Crazy, whats that on your radio?
    www.Michiganrc.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like a camera mount I think.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes it is i think thats what he said in his post

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foam Crazy

hello everyone,

this is i think my first post in the cars / trucks area. i'm normally a plane and heli guy. and so this is my first truck. my 1/16 slash is pretty much stock, other than a few mods here and there.

i am still looking for that perfect on-grass off-road wheel / tire combo. for now, i've settle on using the 1/16 e-revo wheel / tire combo as it does really well on the thick heavy grassy stuff. i'm very happy with what this combination can do in my front yard. i'm a beginner at bashing, and i don't really like to try to break this thing too much. after all, i've invested good money in this thing, so i like to take it fairly easy.

here is my mods list:

- stock 1/16 e-revo wheels and tires (let's me run on thick grass)
    - trimmed body around the wheels to allow more clearance
    - deans ultra connectors all the way around (an old habit. traxxas connectors look to also do the job just fine.)
    - deans ultra parallel connector (i almost always run a single battery pack though)
    - velcro wrap on speed controller wires to parallel connector to keep the wires from banging around (airplane / heli habit)
    - ace hardware springs (no more sagging and bottoming out even under heavy acceleration and medium jumps)
    - coiled antennae (stays inside the body shell which is good for when the truck flips. this is the stock AM radio system.)
    - trimmed battery door (i've opened up the front of the battery door to allow the battery wires to run out the front.)
    - 2s 2200mah lipo battery (i think these are the hobby-king zippy flight 25c packs)
    - battery bay foam padding (keeps the battery from banging around inside the compartment)
    - traxxas speed pinion

this setup is an absolute riot, and this thing is a wheelie machine. i can readily go even slight downhill, at about 10mph and still flick the trigger to bring up the front end. i do my share of sliding it on its roof and end-to-end cartwheels down the street. i'm very pleased at how well this thing holds up in tumbles.

keep having fun, guys!

- foam crazy
    Hey Foam Crazy,

Can you provide any specifics on those Ace Hardware springs? Stock number, or anything else? Were they an exact fit, or did you have to trim them? Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i believe they were #93 compression springs. best way is to take your shock with you to ace hardware and try it on. it was an exact fit with no mods. try the link below also for more info. i lurk both sites for info.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=492114

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

okay. i recently bought this painted castrol GTX body off of ebay. while i will probably never bash with this lid, it is an absolute joy to stare at, and worth every penny i paid. i wanted to show it to you guys. cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12317.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	1364419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs57098.jpg 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	1364420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch96483.jpg 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	1364421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dx67195.jpg 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	1364422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yj63567.jpg 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1364423  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ev24711.jpg 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	1364424  

Looking to get a less towering steering servo for my 1/16 slash. Is there a shorter one on the market?
    www.Michiganrc.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I broke my steering arm. Where do I go to replace it..??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...eering-Arm-Set

GO HERE

otherwise if you have a lhs and if they carry traxxas products they should be able to get you any part you need for any traxxas rc.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast