Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

HI,

I am debating whether to get a 1/16 E-revo or 1/16 slash. I am leaning little towards e-revo because i have a 1/10 slash with vxl motor and ESC on it, since slash has scale body i like 1/10 version better than 1/16 as you cant get all the details on small 1/16 body. Love to buy both 1/16 erevo and slash but cant afford both :-)

Which one is more fun? Please help me decide.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Personally I prefer the E-Revo if nothing else for the 'monster' look. The slash is just too... nice... looking, it doesn't look mean, threatening, or aggressive at all. Mini-slash just seems too much like a little-sister truck to me, that's the nicest way I can put it.

Also for practicality, the Revo is probably going to get more useful suspension travel and stability, very important for a mini.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I prefer the revo mainly because I own the 1/16 one and I own a 1/10 slash. Mini Revo will wheelie out of the box and do standing backflips on 12 cells.(done them.)
    Current Project:None
    Most Recently Purchased RC:1/16 Mini Revo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dont know if you realize, but the mini slash has shorter suspension arms and narrower tires, so it wont handle as good or have the suspension travel (jumps, anyone?) of the mini e-revo with its longer arms and wider tires... Though the slash looks cool, thats why im getting the e-revo....
    1/16 e-revo vxl, Mini LST2, Blade 120SR heli, Blade MSR heli, Blade MBCX heli, Slowstick, Minimag, DX7, DX3S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Revo
    RCing as the day goes by

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does slash 1/16 wheelie? i know it looks weird slash doing wheelies but just wondering.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would imagine that if it (slash) could, they wouldn't be near as good as the e-revo, due to narrower tires = less traction, meaning it would be more likley to burnout than wheely.... You can only wheely if you can get enough traction... My Losi XXL can wheely, but only in high traction conditions, otherwise it just throws a roost as it spins the tires as it takes off...
    1/16 e-revo vxl, Mini LST2, Blade 120SR heli, Blade MSR heli, Blade MBCX heli, Slowstick, Minimag, DX7, DX3S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You are right dacaur

Which color E-revo looks good red, blue or black? dont like the silver.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I prefer the ofna hyper ste, full size electronics(you get to choose), wider stance, about the same wheelbase, and no lurching, bacflips etc. It lays down power evenly, and shoots forward(not in flips and gryo rolls). It is top quality for racing, and a superior rc to the traxxas mini. It's a hair lower, and a bit heavier, both good qualities in a mini, the small difference in height makes a huge difference in driveability with higher volt set ups. The little bit of weight gives it more bite and helps stabilize it's demeanor. There is no comparison between the two, side by side, the ofna tears up the traxxas in every area except backflips, and costs about the same amount once built.

Also like the vendettas, not monsters, and have to be upgraded, but so far the only thing the revo is better for is bacflips, and real rough terrain. However a tenth scale cheapie will handle the rough stuff better than the revo, because the minis are limited by size, so relatively speaking, the mini revo can't handle the rough very well either. So that leaves smoother surfaces. The vendetta dominates on these. Plus it's tough asnails.

Just experienc having used them all

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flipside7

I prefer the ofna hyper ste, full size electronics(you get to choose), wider stance, about the same wheelbase, and no lurching, bacflips etc. It lays down power evenly, and shoots forward(not in flips and gryo rolls). It is top quality for racing, and a superior rc to the traxxas mini. It's a hair lower, and a bit heavier, both good qualities in a mini, the small difference in height makes a huge difference in driveability with higher volt set ups. The little bit of weight gives it more bite and helps stabilize it's demeanor. There is no comparison between the two, side by side, the ofna tears up the traxxas in every area except backflips, and costs about the same amount once built.

Also like the vendettas, not monsters, and have to be upgraded, but so far the only thing the revo is better for is bacflips, and real rough terrain. However a tenth scale cheapie will handle the rough stuff better than the revo, because the minis are limited by size, so relatively speaking, the mini revo can't handle the rough very well either. So that leaves smoother surfaces. The vendetta dominates on these. Plus it's tough asnails.

Why would you come into a thread were the O.P. asked E REVO or Slash ? and spout off this B.S. ? You obviously have a mad on for Traxxas and would hate on the E REVO whether it was great or not .
    Ten SCTE , LST2 ,Micro SCT , Tekno 8ight T , RCSC8
    B44 , Hyper 10SC , E-REVO , Micro DT , Tekno D8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pretty lame diatribe...
    Cobra26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd post that here for the same reason people post anything, information. So wipe up the tears guys, some people here like to be educated customers, and want performance, not just hype.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

...some people here like to be educated customers, and want performance, not just hype.

That's why he wants a mini Slash or E-Revo...
    Cobra26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To answer the question...
    E-Revo..whats better than seeing a mini do backflips when you slam it in forward and reverse!
    A TOY?!?!?!?!? >:-O

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,

Just placed order for Red 1/16 E-Revo from tower, i also ordered series connector just in case i want to run 2 batteries in series. So whats more fun just one Nimh or 2 in series? I love wheelies.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zsultan

Guys,

Just placed order for Red 1/16 E-Revo from tower, i also ordered series connector just in case i want to run 2 batteries in series. So whats more fun just one Nimh or 2 in series? I love wheelies.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Well 2s LiPo is the best running batteries IMO , I use 2 1800mAh 20c ran in parallel for 3600mAh which gets me about 30-35 minutes of runtime and still has great power and near 40mph top speed .

The only reason too run 2 batteries in series is for all out speed runs and you will need to change the gearing or you could fry the ESC/motor .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,

Please let me know.

Thanks

CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase! You're gonna have to have someone wipe that smile off your face when you start running it!

I agree with KRO; however, two batteries connected in PARALLEL - NOT series, is what I believe KRO is saying. If not, it IS what I am saying. Wheelies are possible with a single stock battery.
    Cobra26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For back flips need 2 X Nimhs in series?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with KRO; however, two batteries connected in PARALLEL - NOT series, is what I believe KRO is saying. If not, it IS what I am saying. Wheelies are possible with a single stock battery.
    I believe I did say 2 s in parallel , and the only reason too run series is too do speed runs .

zsultan , yes you will need 2 NiMh batteries too get your backflips , that got old real quick (I was running two 3s LiPos in parallel and its too much IMO) .

Two decent 2s LiPo's ran in parallel will also flip the car no prob , but its much easier too drive .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KRO

I believe I did say 2 s in parallel...

And so you did - my apologies...
    Cobra26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No prob bro , had I been wrong I would have admitted it ....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For back flips need 2 X Nimhs in series?

Can't help you on that one - I'm not into flips, forward or backward...
    Cobra26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think 2 nimhs in parallel should keep the wheels on the ground as long as you don't mash the throttle every time you want to move.
    *Compact battery box is waterproof against dust!
    Rustler, Slash, TA03F, 4Tec, Evader, X-Crawler, Cx3 heli, more?...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im running one 2s thunderpower 2100mah and have no problem with doing backflips. it lifts the front wheels at about 1/2 throttle. i have the e revo and have drove the slash. the revo is much more fun and handles better due to the wider stance and bigger tires and longer travel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcbasher_88

im running one 2s thunderpower 2100mah and have no problem with doing backflips. it lifts the front wheels at about 1/2 throttle. i have the e revo and have drove the slash. the revo is much more fun and handles better due to the wider stance and bigger tires and longer travel
    Thats probably the same pack I was thinking about getting. Is it the Pro power 30C?
    *Compact battery box is waterproof against dust!
    Rustler, Slash, TA03F, 4Tec, Evader, X-Crawler, Cx3 heli, more?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast