1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Reply
Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 PM
  #1
zsultan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 492
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

HI,

I am debating whether to get a 1/16 E-revo or 1/16 slash. I am leaning little towards e-revo because i have a 1/10 slash with vxl motor and ESC on it, since slash has scale body i like 1/10 version better than 1/16 as you cant get all the details on small 1/16 body. Love to buy both 1/16 erevo and slash but cant afford both :-)

Which one is more fun? Please help me decide.
zsultan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:54 PM
  #2
Access
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: , CA
Posts: 4,900
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Personally I prefer the E-Revo if nothing else for the 'monster' look. The slash is just too... nice... looking, it doesn't look mean, threatening, or aggressive at all. Mini-slash just seems too much like a little-sister truck to me, that's the nicest way I can put it.

Also for practicality, the Revo is probably going to get more useful suspension travel and stability, very important for a mini.
Access is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
  #3
Stampedekid
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Commack, NY
Posts: 101
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

I prefer the revo mainly because I own the 1/16 one and I own a 1/10 slash. Mini Revo will wheelie out of the box and do standing backflips on 12 cells.(done them.)
Stampedekid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
  #4
dacaur
 
dacaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: midvale, UT
Posts: 2,653
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

I dont know if you realize, but the mini slash has shorter suspension arms and narrower tires, so it wont handle as good or have the suspension travel (jumps, anyone?) of the mini e-revo with its longer arms and wider tires... Though the slash looks cool, thats why im getting the e-revo....
dacaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 PM
  #5
IloveMYxt2
 
IloveMYxt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Turlock, CA
Posts: 675
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Revo
IloveMYxt2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 PM
  #6
zsultan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 492
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Does slash 1/16 wheelie? i know it looks weird slash doing wheelies but just wondering.

Thanks
zsultan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 AM
  #7
dacaur
 
dacaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: midvale, UT
Posts: 2,653
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

I would imagine that if it (slash) could, they wouldn't be near as good as the e-revo, due to narrower tires = less traction, meaning it would be more likley to burnout than wheely.... You can only wheely if you can get enough traction... My Losi XXL can wheely, but only in high traction conditions, otherwise it just throws a roost as it spins the tires as it takes off...
dacaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 AM
  #8
zsultan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 492
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

You are right dacaur


Which color E-revo looks good red, blue or black? dont like the silver.

Thanks
zsultan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:46 AM
  #9
flipside7
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: red bluff, CA
Posts: 339
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

I prefer the ofna hyper ste, full size electronics(you get to choose), wider stance, about the same wheelbase, and no lurching, bacflips etc. It lays down power evenly, and shoots forward(not in flips and gryo rolls). It is top quality for racing, and a superior rc to the traxxas mini. It's a hair lower, and a bit heavier, both good qualities in a mini, the small difference in height makes a huge difference in driveability with higher volt set ups. The little bit of weight gives it more bite and helps stabilize it's demeanor. There is no comparison between the two, side by side, the ofna tears up the traxxas in every area except backflips, and costs about the same amount once built.

Also like the vendettas, not monsters, and have to be upgraded, but so far the only thing the revo is better for is bacflips, and real rough terrain. However a tenth scale cheapie will handle the rough stuff better than the revo, because the minis are limited by size, so relatively speaking, the mini revo can't handle the rough very well either. So that leaves smoother surfaces. The vendetta dominates on these. Plus it's tough asnails.

Just experienc having used them all
flipside7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:45 AM
  #10
KRO
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Genoa, IL
Posts: 2,633
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash


Quote:
ORIGINAL: flipside7

I prefer the ofna hyper ste, full size electronics(you get to choose), wider stance, about the same wheelbase, and no lurching, bacflips etc. It lays down power evenly, and shoots forward(not in flips and gryo rolls). It is top quality for racing, and a superior rc to the traxxas mini. It's a hair lower, and a bit heavier, both good qualities in a mini, the small difference in height makes a huge difference in driveability with higher volt set ups. The little bit of weight gives it more bite and helps stabilize it's demeanor. There is no comparison between the two, side by side, the ofna tears up the traxxas in every area except backflips, and costs about the same amount once built.

Also like the vendettas, not monsters, and have to be upgraded, but so far the only thing the revo is better for is bacflips, and real rough terrain. However a tenth scale cheapie will handle the rough stuff better than the revo, because the minis are limited by size, so relatively speaking, the mini revo can't handle the rough very well either. So that leaves smoother surfaces. The vendetta dominates on these. Plus it's tough asnails.

Just experienc having used them all

Why would you come into a thread were the O.P. asked E REVO or Slash ? and spout off this B.S. ? You obviously have a mad on for Traxxas and would hate on the E REVO whether it was great or not .
KRO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 AM
  #11
cobra26
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wildwood, NJ
Posts: 552
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash


Quote:
ORIGINAL: flipside7

I prefer the ofna hyper ste, full size electronics(you get to choose), wider stance, about the same wheelbase, and no lurching, bacflips etc. It lays down power evenly, and shoots forward(not in flips and gryo rolls). It is top quality for racing, and a superior rc to the traxxas mini. It's a hair lower, and a bit heavier, both good qualities in a mini, the small difference in height makes a huge difference in driveability with higher volt set ups. The little bit of weight gives it more bite and helps stabilize it's demeanor. There is no comparison between the two, side by side, the ofna tears up the traxxas in every area except backflips, and costs about the same amount once built.

Also like the vendettas, not monsters, and have to be upgraded, but so far the only thing the revo is better for is bacflips, and real rough terrain. However a tenth scale cheapie will handle the rough stuff better than the revo, because the minis are limited by size, so relatively speaking, the mini revo can't handle the rough very well either. So that leaves smoother surfaces. The vendetta dominates on these. Plus it's tough asnails.

Just experienc having used them all

Pretty lame diatribe...
cobra26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 AM
  #12
flipside7
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: red bluff, CA
Posts: 339
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

I'd post that here for the same reason people post anything, information. So wipe up the tears guys, some people here like to be educated customers, and want performance, not just hype.
flipside7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 AM
  #13
cobra26
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wildwood, NJ
Posts: 552
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash


Quote:
ORIGINAL: flipside7

...some people here like to be educated customers, and want performance, not just hype.

That's why he wants a mini Slash or E-Revo...
cobra26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:24 AM
  #14
RCcars4me
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 97
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

To answer the question...
E-Revo..whats better than seeing a mini do backflips when you slam it in forward and reverse!
RCcars4me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 PM
  #15
zsultan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 492
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Guys,

Just placed order for Red 1/16 E-Revo from tower, i also ordered series connector just in case i want to run 2 batteries in series. So whats more fun just one Nimh or 2 in series? I love wheelies.

Please let me know.

Thanks
zsultan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:05 PM
  #16
KRO
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Genoa, IL
Posts: 2,633
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash


Quote:
ORIGINAL: zsultan

Guys,

Just placed order for Red 1/16 E-Revo from tower, i also ordered series connector just in case i want to run 2 batteries in series. So whats more fun just one Nimh or 2 in series? I love wheelies.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Well 2s LiPo is the best running batteries IMO , I use 2 1800mAh 20c ran in parallel for 3600mAh which gets me about 30-35 minutes of runtime and still has great power and near 40mph top speed .

The only reason too run 2 batteries in series is for all out speed runs and you will need to change the gearing or you could fry the ESC/motor .
KRO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 PM
  #17
cobra26
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wildwood, NJ
Posts: 552
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Quote:
ORIGINAL: zsultan

Guys,

Just placed order for Red 1/16 E-Revo from tower, i also ordered series connector just in case i want to run 2 batteries in series. So whats more fun just one Nimh or 2 in series? I love wheelies.

Please let me know.

Thanks

CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase! You're gonna have to have someone wipe that smile off your face when you start running it!

I agree with KRO; however, two batteries connected in PARALLEL - NOT series, is what I believe KRO is saying. If not, it IS what I am saying. Wheelies are possible with a single stock battery.
cobra26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 PM
  #18
zsultan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 492
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

For back flips need 2 X Nimhs in series?
zsultan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM
  #19
KRO
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Genoa, IL
Posts: 2,633
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

Quote:
I agree with KRO; however, two batteries connected in PARALLEL - NOT series, is what I believe KRO is saying. If not, it IS what I am saying. Wheelies are possible with a single stock battery.
I believe I did say 2 s in parallel , and the only reason too run series is too do speed runs .

zsultan , yes you will need 2 NiMh batteries too get your backflips , that got old real quick (I was running two 3s LiPos in parallel and its too much IMO) .

Two decent 2s LiPo's ran in parallel will also flip the car no prob , but its much easier too drive .
KRO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM
  #20
cobra26
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wildwood, NJ
Posts: 552
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash


Quote:
ORIGINAL: KRO

Quote:
I agree with KRO; however, two batteries connected in PARALLEL - NOT series, is what I believe KRO is saying. If not, it IS what I am saying. Wheelies are possible with a single stock battery.
I believe I did say 2 s in parallel...

And so you did - my apologies...
cobra26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:01 PM
  #21
KRO
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Genoa, IL
Posts: 2,633
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

No prob bro , had I been wrong I would have admitted it ....
KRO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM
  #22
cobra26
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wildwood, NJ
Posts: 552
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash


Quote:
ORIGINAL: zsultan

For back flips need 2 X Nimhs in series?

Can't help you on that one - I'm not into flips, forward or backward...
cobra26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
  #23
FairTax4me
 
FairTax4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 1,996
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

I think 2 nimhs in parallel should keep the wheels on the ground as long as you don't mash the throttle every time you want to move.
FairTax4me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
  #24
rcbasher_88
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lakeland, FL
Posts: 9
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash

im running one 2s thunderpower 2100mah and have no problem with doing backflips. it lifts the front wheels at about 1/2 throttle. i have the e revo and have drove the slash. the revo is much more fun and handles better due to the wider stance and bigger tires and longer travel
rcbasher_88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 PM
  #25
FairTax4me
 
FairTax4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 1,996
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas 1/16 E Revo or Slash


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rcbasher_88

im running one 2s thunderpower 2100mah and have no problem with doing backflips. it lifts the front wheels at about 1/2 throttle. i have the e revo and have drove the slash. the revo is much more fun and handles better due to the wider stance and bigger tires and longer travel
Thats probably the same pack I was thinking about getting. Is it the Pro power 30C?
FairTax4me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:23 PM.