Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

XXXOFFICIAL OFNA CRT.5 THREADXXX

Old 09-10-2010, 09:41 PM
HJJFFFAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XXXOFFICIAL OFNA CRT.5 THREADXXX

They are the same size as the stock ones, which are too small.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Hey guys,

Two questions.
Why do you feel the stock shocks are too small?

And I noticed the glow plugs came with two brass washers. Why?
It has been a long time since I've been in nitro, I vaguely remember something about if you use two washers it will move the part inside the head farther away from the piston and that caused something to change. Some input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
HJJFFFAA

Washers are just there to seal the head around the glow plug and to increase or decrease compression.. The stock shocks when I was using them would bottom out from the slightest bump no matter what I did.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Wheelnut

Thanks a lot for the quick response. That makes sense about the shocks.

So should I run both washers for break in to decrease compression or would it be better to run only one?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:14 AM
HJJFFFAA

Just leave both washers in. And that Force .12 has really weak top end, just so you know.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Wheelnut

Thanks again for the tip. After all it's just me and my 10 year old son bashing around. I do plan to take him to a track that's about 15 to 20 miles away so he can see what it's like to manage a real course.
We can always put some better larger tires on for a little more top end. Like some 2.2 wheels with gladiator tires.

anyone found any other bodies for these trucks or have a good site to buy the option parts. Like aluminum or CF towers?
And what plug do you recommend as a replacement when these stock ones burn out? probably shortly after break in.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:38 AM
HJJFFFAA

You won't need the CF towers or anything like that. I recommend staying away from the option parts as the truck is strong as is and the parts cost a lot. Bodies for this truck are far and few in between so you're pretty much stuck with the stock one (which is good looking to me) unless you can find one of the Crowd Pleazer bodies that Pro-Line made for a short time.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Wheelnut

Thanks, I do like the stock bodies, just checking.

Any recommendations on replacement plugs?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
HJJFFFAA

I can't say much on that since my CRT wasn't nitro long enough to go through a plug. But any medium temperature plug should work well with 20% or so.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Wheelnut

Has anyone put a two speed tranny in one of these? I'm thinking a second gear would be nice. I see a lot of the other micro nitros have two speeds.

Also, what other tires have you guys used? I'm thinking of getting a set of 2.2 gladiators. I had them twice before and they're pretty nice.

One more, where is a good place to find nitro accessories? My LHS doesn't have squat. Haven't found what I'm looking for on ebay or tower either.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Well. Looks like I may be driving my CRT.5 again!!!!!!! The 8ight-t is too much of a hassle to ship, so why not just bring the CRT.5 back with me after Christmas. It should stand a really good chance against a tmaxx
Old 11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
timjkanson

Where can i get a conversion kit for this little truggy because i would like to run electric in it i just like the siplicity of it all you know haha. or do you have to do your own e-conversion on it ?
Old 11-27-2010, 10:25 AM
revo_sbs

I know rc monster makes one. Other than that I would look around on the last couple of pages if you haven't already.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: revo_sbs

I know rc monster makes one. Other than that I would look around on the last couple of pages if you haven't already.
ya they make a motor plate that replaces one side of the center diffs holder.
Here's a pic of my center gear with my battery tray. (BTW the motors not meshed its just a placeholder for now)
I cut a pede chassis down and cut to slits in the sides so I could run a battery strap to hold the battery in.

Motor mount http://rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcmcrt.5mm

they also make a full conversion kit that makes it longer http://rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcmcrt.5kit

I only spend $35 on the conversion so I'm happy
I currently have to get it a new ESC though seeing I needed the ESC that was in it in something else that is operational.

Only reason I really stopped running mine was due to issues with the front C-hubs, and knuckles. Think I had too powerful of a BL system in mine(4000kv 60A) that caused the C-hubs to split in half, which then ripped the knuckle up bad. I gotta get a 35A setup which should be good for it, and try it again.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:41 AM
revo_sbs

Does anyone know if short course wheels and tires would work on the crt.5????? I'm just wondering
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Wheelnut

Any of them that has 12mm hex.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 PM
revo_sbs

hahahaha or 17mm since I have the rc monster adaptors I guess I wanted to know if anyone has tried them and seen how they work.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Wheelnut

Well, I believe it would run pretty good, but not as good as some real race track tires, like the Proline Gladiators.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
SRVoodoo
My Feedback: (1)

Today has been one of the best days of my life!
Not only did I get to pilot two 1:10 Buggies & a 1:8 Truggy....ON THE TRACK!...but my CRT.5 arrived late this afternoon it's PERFECT for me right now. (though I can not wait to have my own 1:8 Truggy)
....and it came with a "bonus" RACE ROLLER!!!!! I am soooo stoked!
I'm Racin'!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:48 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

yea buying the CRT.5(BL) led me to getting the Jammin X1x CR(still nitro), and the Jammin x1 CRT(BL)

pics of my CRT's (blue/black is a x1 )
can't tell the size difference easily in the pics I should do one side by side eventually

the crt.5's had a few changes since that pic. I removed the traxxas battery post from the gray box (its not black too) cause they poked a hole through the windshield on a flip [:@]
the .5 also has aluminum knuckles, and c-hubs(thank you ofna for making the jammin SCRT10 ) now
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68400.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1607514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26942.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1607515  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
SRVoodoo

NIce!
I'd like to see your blue & black one with a blue wing too!

...and for the record:
Master Jedi set me straight...both the buggies & truggy were (still are) 1:8 scale.

Today we went to our local track to test my crt.5 with a new exhaust & found that my rear diff was locking up.
...needless to say I had a very short run.
..back to the garage to tear it all apart.  stripped & cleaned everything...all 3 diffs had no fluid in them!
...well THEY DO NOW!  lol  only problem being a Padawan is that just before running out of "playtime" today I found out that I installed the front diff gear backwards!!! 
All in all it was a great learning experience and I find that I like working on the car as much as running it.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: SRVoodoo

NIce!
I'd like to see your blue & black one with a blue wing too!

...and for the record:
Master Jedi set me straight...both the buggies & truggy were (still are) 1:8 scale.

Today we went to our local track to test my crt.5 with a new exhaust & found that my rear diff was locking up.
...needless to say I had a very short run.
..back to the garage to tear it all apart. stripped & cleaned everything...all 3 diffs had no fluid in them!
...well THEY DO NOW! lol only problem being a Padawan is that just before running out of ''playtime'' today I found out that I installed the front diff gear backwards!!!
All in all it was a great learning experience and I find that I like working on the car as much as running it.
hopefully there is no issue with the diff if its damaged you can use the Jammin SCRT10 diffs in it (few on ebay)

But yea the blue/black one that suckers wing acts as a wheelie bar. From popping wheelies it has ground off like 3mm's of the wing [:@]
The wing on it also isn't the same one in the pic that was a white wing I dyed black, and from flips it was so crappy looking I ordered a black wing.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:24 PM
SRVoodoo

Wheelies??? mine doesn't do wheelies yet but.....Today I fixed the front diff, fired her up & she ripped around pretty good. Broke some things, found out what that extra screw was for
had all the parts from the roller to fix it.
All-in-all a very good day. Now I just need my new TX/RX to arrive & I should be good to go for a while.
Cheers!