Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/16 e revo vxl diff durablity?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 AM
larryjgarner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/16 e revo vxl diff durablity?

i run this truck on 2s lipo,on very loose dirt,with slipper set up nicely,stock tires,fairly easy on throttle,this is after all a small truck,,,i hope nobody misunderstands me with the negativity,,,i really like this little truck,,it just has its problems like any thing else in life,,maybe aluminum case will work out,,,currently looking at the one from hot racing,,looks pretty solid..pleaseanyone who is looking at buying this truck,it's a fun truck and pretty solid for a small vehicle,i hope what i stated in previous response may help other owners with the same problem...sorry if i made anyone upset or angry,,,thats not what im trying to do,,
Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
larryjgarner

run 2s lipo,very loose dirt,slipper adjusted acordingly,stock tires,fairly easy on throttle,,its my diff case,,looking at aluminum...
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM
dacaur

There has to be something wrong somewhere with your truck, becuase I run 6 cell nimh in paralell, slipper adjusted tight, on everything from loose dirt to grass to concrete to asphalt, and have never had a single issue with my diffs... I just dont get how you could strip one, let alone multiples on dirt with the slipper correctly adjusted, or even if the slipper were locked down. Wish I could help you.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:18 AM
larryjgarner

its the diff case,,,i just have to muster up the cash for a new one,,the one that came on the truck did not line up,,,i know there cheap,,but i have two other vehicles to keep going also,,cash is tight ,,you know,how often do you run yours,,,when operational i run down about 10-15 packs in a day of driving it,,,couple days a week..idk,,,,if thats alot or not....but after a good day,,,all my vehicles get a complete teardown-cleaned,inspected,repaired ,shocks,diffs,engines,motors,,carbs on nitro's disasembled checked,,,im pretty maticulouse with my machines,,allways have been,,i wonder the same thing about my issue,,id kill for some traction out here..lol,,but,im 99.9% sure its the case,,,,dont have another one to look at to compare,,have you heard anything about any of the aluminium casses,,,
Old 02-18-2012, 07:28 PM
dacaur

You definitely run yours more than me... When I first got it I ran 2-4 packs a day for the first few months, but now it only comes out a couple times a month, plus anytime I go camping. When it gets really dirty, it gets washed off with the hose (free running water, no "spraying") and dried in the sun, little oil on the moving parts and put away. The most I have ever torn it down was just far enough to replace the front suspension arms when one broke due to an embedded rock that I clipped twice at top speed..... If I had to guess I would say I have 250-300 "runs" on it (a run for me is two packs in paralell run down once) its probably due for a teardown, but no part of this truck owes anybody anything, so im going to run it till it gives me trouble then plunk down a $100 bill or so to replace anything that looks worn.....

For the diff case, I think you mentiond "integy"? They are bad news IMO..... poor quality parts that have caused just as many issues as they have solved. Ive never yet been glad I bought an integy part after a few months of use... They are great for shelf queens that need to look good, but not so great if you bash your stuff like you mean it...
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 PM
larryjgarner

yeah,,,run alot,,,run hard too....couple weeks ago i bought a new savage xs flux and so far it is a great little truck,,,night and day difference between the erevo vxl and the hpi savage xs,,,,savage apears to have plastic parts that are almost same thickness as my 1/8 truggy,,lol,,,well not really but it is built to be very durable,,,still like the erevo though,only problem with the savage so far is that the fan o n the esc sounds like its on its way out allready,,,gears are nice on the savage too,nice little truck,,,my first hpi vehicle,,,but on the traxxas im thinking new rear bulkhead,bearings aluminum rear skid ,and gears,and a center diff might be the ticket,took the front diff,front shafts etc,and am running it 2wd with about 5 shims in rear diff until more money happens,lol...