Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini T...Mini Desert .......?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:02 PM
justanotherguy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini T...Mini Desert .......?

Ok
Quick question, the Mini T is the truck that comes with the charger that uses AA batteries TOcharge the truck.,
TheMini Desert uses a wall charger to charge a Nimh pack.....
The two terms Mini T andMini desert are not synonymous?
Tony
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Gex_61

Default RE: Mini T...Mini Desert .......?

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0200

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSB0202

The Mini-DT is based off of the original Mini-T. The two trucks share most of the same parts, but have slightly different specs. The Mini-DT does have better quality electronics.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
justanotherguy

Thanks for the quick reply.
My concern is this :I bought "two losi mini desert trucks" And whatI am getting is two losi Mini T's.
BUT I am going from the idea that they are coming with two (8)AA chargers to charge the trucks...
This only comes out AFTERthey shipped. The pic showed everything as a group, but you couldnt make out the fact that the chargers were different.
He noted in an emailI would need (12) AA batteries....As trucks they look very similar soi had no idea.

So therefore they are actually Mini T's.............?I am just trying to make sure a Mini desert didnt come with the (8) AA battery charger.
That and the wheelbase measurement should tell me right?

ThenI will have to start discussions with the seller.....
Tony

Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Burntt32

the MINI-T limited Edition comes with an nimh and wall charger as well as better radio gear for about $150, after that i beleive its just cosmetics.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
tornbb

note to add the desert truck also has a slightly longer wb. it can be driven alot harder and easier to control. and handle rough terrain much better.i do not own the min dt but i have a mini t, i also own a tamiya desert gater that is a little closer to the desert truck in length. both are really fun.both are brushless running 3cells. with the tamiya i can drive it ALOT harder with much more control. not saying get the desert gator. if i were you i would get the losi mini dt. either one would be fun. worst case you could buy the chassis plate, shock towers( i believe)and body for the shock towers. to make up for the mix up. i also think that they come with every thing to run( both models)not sure on that. got my mini t as a roller. hope a little more info to add helps
Old 07-29-2009, 11:03 PM
justanotherguy

Seller - Truck meaurements? The trucks are about 6" long if that helps???
I afraid that we might be thinking of two differnt trucks. These are called Mini Desert Trucks. I don't have the boxes any longer. Did i call them the wrong name. I don't remember calling them Mini "T" Check them out when you get them. IF its not what you were looking for, i'll take them back. No big deal. I feel bad if i listed them wrong.

So since they come with the AA chargers they are 99%likley to be just Mini T's...That and the wheelbase thing right?
Thanks much!
Tony
Old 07-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Gex_61

Detailed pictures and specs are in the links above. You should definitely be able to tell which truck it is when you get it.

FYI- None of Losi's mini's come with AA chargers or rechargeable AA batteries. The Mini-T doesn't come with any chargers or batteries. The Mini-Desert Truck comes with a wall charger for the included NiMh battery, and 8 regular AA's for the radio. If you are getting something different, it is aftermarket.

It sounds like you bought Mini-Desert Trucks with some aftermarket stuff, but who knows? Post pictures.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 PM
justanotherguy

Well, that was easy enough...They both appear to be Desert MICROS.....Since I already got out of one 1/36'er I know what this is..
They run 10 minutes tops on the driveway...Charge in 15-20 off the AA packs.

But while your here

The Mini Deserts I am looking at :
http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-LOSI-1-18-M...d=p3286.c0.m14

These look pretty cool @ $129.....I have some questions, what kind of speed and run time will it get on that 1100mah battery?
Is it easy to swap another pack (2000+mah?) into it so the used one can charge (like lots of screws or something?)

Also, since I have a mini erevo and my 5 year old has been dying for something to drive, is this ok, or what would you recommend in this price range ($130 is pushing it...!) ?
Lightly used CAN be an option, though the mini erevo was supposed to be 'run a handful of times' but it was a BRUTAL handful.....
I appreciate your time in reading and answering all this!!!
Tony