Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Im tired of being ignored.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:35 PM
sunco1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im tired of being ignored.

Ok so no one on the mini erevo thread seems to want to help me. so ill just make a regular post.

i bought a muchmore racing 5v fan. its 25mmx25mm. (for the esc). It worked beautifully for like 2 battery cycles. but then today i was using it and it was extremely glitchy. motor sometimes wouldnt even work. steering servo barely would move.

so i took the fan out of the 3rd channel. and now it works fine..?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Im tired of being ignored.

It is most likely due to the BEC onboard the esc. If you ran either a seperate 5v battery or a seperate bec it would most likely solve your problem. The bec inside the esc is not made to power much more than a servo or 2. Some esc's can handle more than others. What is the amp draw of that fan? Can't be much.....not sure. What is the complete electronic set up your using? Include as much as possible...servo, battery, esc, etc...

Kevin
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 PM
sonicj
My Feedback: (2)

if it worked then stopped working, i would assume something has changed electrically. poorly tinned wire that is soldered to the board inside the fan could be shorting together and causing something like what you are experiencing. the BEC is a possibility, but i don't think it would work fine for a couple packs then start acting like that if nothing has changed.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hot is the ESC getting for you to want to use a fan on it?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 PM
supafastsupra2

Mr. Mugen is right, i had the same issues when i ran a fan on mine and have since then added a bec. It is more likely to occur if you are running a higher voltage (3s or more) since the linear bec generates more heat.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:49 PM
klaze

Nobody is ignoring you..

That is just one of those questions.. That is hard to answer.. It's like asking the doctor.. "Why'd I get cancer?" it could be ANYTHING..
Old 07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
sunco1

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

It is most likely due to the BEC onboard the esc. If you ran either a seperate 5v battery or a seperate bec it would most likely solve your problem. The bec inside the esc is not made to power much more than a servo or 2. Some esc's can handle more than others. What is the amp draw of that fan? Can't be much.....not sure. What is the complete electronic set up your using? Include as much as possible...servo, battery, esc, etc...

Kevin
stock servo. stock motor/esc. i am running 2 7.2v batteries in series though.. the fan did work fine on 7.2 volts. so im assuming it is the BEC
Old 07-29-2009, 04:00 PM
sunco1

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

How hot is the ESC getting for you to want to use a fan on it?

it thermalled twice. i run in dirt mostly so all that tire spin heat up the esc real fast. the fan really helps.