Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas E Revo VXL
60.00%
Team Associated RC18T
30.00%
Team Losi Mini T
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Revo VXL, RC18T, or Mini T

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo VXL, RC18T, or Mini T

Thinking of getting a mini. Can't decide if the Revo VXL is worth the $130 extra over the RC18T, or Mini T. I do like the brushless setup over the brushed setup though. Just wondering if it's worth the extra $$
Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 AM
KRO

Default RE: Revo VXL, RC18T, or Mini T

Yes the Mini REVO is worth the extra money over the others , they will get boring quickly and you will spend more than that upgrading either and then they still wont be as good as the Mini E REVO is right outta the box .
Old 08-09-2009, 10:01 AM
cobra26

The 1/16th REVO is in a class all its own when it comes to minis. NOTHING else comes close. You can make some as fast, and maybe even faster, but you'll pay a whole lot more than the initial price difference of $130 to do it. The VXL REVO is very well designed, engineered, and built. The VXL Revo AND the VXL Slash are phenomenal little wonders that are rugged and worth every penny. Buy one and you'll never second-guess yourself!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:01 AM
MTboy

I think it's more fun to make it your own. You can use that $130 to get BL, lipo and what ever else you want. Plus it helps to learn more about the truck as you set it up for what you want.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 AM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: MTboy

I think it's more fun to make it your own. You can use that $130 to get BL, lipo and what ever else you want. Plus it helps to learn more about the truck as you set it up for what you want.

Well, it's your money. If you want to buy something less and "make it" a VXL Revo, it won't happen. You'll pour a bucket full of money into trying to build something as good out of something inherently weaker, and never attain it. But like I said, it's your money...
Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Doxiedad

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I love the look of the E Revo. and $290 isn't a bad price considering brushless and RTR w/ battery.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:32 AM
MTboy

I said make it your own, not make a revo. It's just what I like to do and this is a poll asking what people think. He asked if it's worth the $130.. My thoughts are maybe but it's not as fun to just buy the top dog and sit back and drive to me. It's more fun to build what you want and see the finished product.
If you really wanted to do it right look at the hyper mini.
Again just my thoughts...
Old 08-09-2009, 12:16 PM
flipside7

Get the vendetta, make it your own, and you'll have the best mini out there aside from the hyper ste. Yes even better than vxl, I race my buddy with his vxl, and it can barely keep up with me on all terrains, even the rough. All you trx boys, put your money where your mouth is.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Doxiedad

ORIGINAL: flipside7

Get the vendetta, make it your own, and you'll have the best mini out there aside from the hyper ste. Yes even better than vxl, I race my buddy with his vxl, and it can barely keep up with me on all terrains, even the rough. All you trx boys, put your money where your mouth is.
This [link=http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd16-vendetta-rally/index.html]Vendetta[/link] it's a cool looking rally car but what needs to be done to make it more useful offroad?

nvm I'm stupid you probably meant the ST version [link=http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd14-vendetta-st/dtxd14-index.html]ST version[/link]
Old 08-09-2009, 12:26 PM
pede_187

From what I can see, if you get an E-Revo, the shocks leak out of the box or close to it, and all it does is wheelies so you'd need the center diff. So to make it a good truck, based off of tower's prices, your at $350 from the start.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Doxiedad

Ouch yeah $350 is a bit steep. Looking into the Vendetta and Hyper ST
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM
3de
My Feedback: (6)

RC18T off eBay.. I bought mine from there with a Mamba 6800kv brushless combo and a nice Hitec HS-56HB steering servo for $90.00.. Cant beat that IMO..
Old 08-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Doxiedad

Yeah I'm also thinking of going that route. Would definately be cheaper.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:47 PM
3de

ORIGINAL: Doxiedad

Heres what mine looked like when I got it, it was like brand new, only raced on carpet.. All I had to do was put in my receiver. Some great deals on eBay..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13775.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1252918  
Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Doxiedad

ORIGINAL: 3de

Heres what mine looked like when I got it, it was like brand new, only raced on carpet.. All I had to do was put in my receiver. Some great deals on eBay..

That's on good deal you grabbed there. I'm looking on ebay and on here to see what's available. $100 easier to break to wife than $300 LOL
Old 08-09-2009, 02:45 PM
3de

That's on good deal you grabbed there. I'm looking on ebay and on here to see what's available. $100 easier to break to wife than $300 LOL
This looks like a pretty good deal on RCU, although its not brushless but it comes with the AE aluminum kit.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=540749]RC18T on RCU[/link]
Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
klaze

Go with the E-revo and lipo from HobbyCity..

Forget the Mini-T and Vendetta.. not worth it over the other options.. Only if you are on a very tight budget and even then you are better off with a used rc18..

The e-revo is going to give you the most "fun".. yah it costs more but it is larger, newer and comes with more out of the box.. You can't compare them dollar to dollar stock..

The rc18 is meant for perfect pavement, clean off-road tracks and indoor carpet tracks...

The e-revo is meant to take down any terrain.. Including water.. It's meant as a bash vehicle that you can tune into a racer..

It's also quite a bit larger than the rc18 and just seems to float over stuff the rc18 can't handle....

The e-revo is also new on the market so their is still hype and aftermarket parts are slowly coming on to the market.. so that's fun..

No matter how fast and smooth my rc18 is around the track my e-revo puts a larger smile on my face..

Can't do this with a rc18 http://tenbol.com/videos.html
Old 08-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Papa Jay

I love mini-t a lot, but get your selt a revo dude!!
Old 08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Cheap Guy

Both the RC18T and Mini-T are great, inexpensive ways to get started in 1/18. The Mini-T is especially inexpensive and with a EZRun brushless, you'll be faster than many 1/10 cars at less than $150, including batteries. The RC18T (and it's clones) are better off-road cars, cost a little more than the Mini-T, but again, even after upgrading to brushless, you're still under $200.

I don't have a E-Revo/E-Slash, primarily because the price is just too steep at this point. I also like the smaller size of the RC and MT; the E-Revo/Slash are closer to 1/10 cars, which means you can more fun in a smaller area with the RC/MT.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Doxiedad

ORIGINAL: klaze

Go with the E-revo and lipo from HobbyCity..

Forget the Mini-T and Vendetta.. not worth it over the other options.. Only if you are on a very tight budget and even then you are better off with a used rc18..

The e-revo is going to give you the most ''fun''.. yah it costs more but it is larger, newer and comes with more out of the box.. You can't compare them dollar to dollar stock..

The rc18 is meant for perfect pavement, clean off-road tracks and indoor carpet tracks...

The e-revo is meant to take down any terrain.. Including water.. It's meant as a bash vehicle that you can tune into a racer..

It's also quite a bit larger than the rc18 and just seems to float over stuff the rc18 can't handle....

The e-revo is also new on the market so their is still hype and aftermarket parts are slowly coming on to the market.. so that's fun..

No matter how fast and smooth my rc18 is around the track my e-revo puts a larger smile on my face..

Can't do this with a rc18 http://tenbol.com/videos.html
That's awesome video's, but is that stock?
Old 08-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Doxiedad

This looks like a pretty good deal on RCU, although its not brushless but it comes with the AE aluminum kit.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=540749]RC18T on RCU[/link]
Yeah I'm looking real hard at that one. Still kinda new to electric, a brushed motor will still be fairly quick right? Then when it dies I can upgrade
Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
klaze

That's awesome video's, but is that stock?
No it's not stock... But it can do most of that stock with lipo battery...

None of the other cars come even close to anything at all like that stock..

Also don't buy a used brushed setup.. buy one with a brushless setup.. you will find one and it will save you money in the end.. brushed is a waste of time..
Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 PM
pede_187

Me personally, I don't see why you would want to do that. Wheelies are fun at first, but after a while they get pretty annoying.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
klaze

You can get the e-revo for less than $350 if you buy online and are American.. $280usd seems to be the average price so about $300 delivered in the states..

My shocks don't leak.. I haven't modded or taken apart or rebuilt my e-revo and i've beaten it for over a month.. Runs great I do back flips all day.. with lipo.. I dunno these people who complain of issues.. My rc18 has had more issues than my e-revo.. those shocks definitely leak..

But if money is a concern your best bet is the rc18t.. used and heavily modded with brushless..

Why spend $150 next month because you bought a brushed setup now?

ORIGINAL: pede_187

Me personally, I don't see why you would want to do that. Wheelies are fun at first, but after a while they get pretty annoying.
So you do what I do and pull the throttle less.

You dont HAVE to mash the throttle.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Papa Jay

ORIGINAL: pede_187

Indeed, especially with mini-t.Not so fun anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.