Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Quick Mini T question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:58 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Quick Mini T question

I just bought the bearings(8) upgrade for my Mini Desert T.

I installed in the front wheels and when I tightened the wheel screws, I can't even turn the wheels. Even after I tightened 70%, the wheels become hard to turn too. Any ideas?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:18 AM
HJJFFFAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quick Mini T question

Keep loosening them until they do.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 AM
mrbonez

are they brand new bearings ? or used . try loosing them as stated and try looking to make sure the bearings are free and not locked up and make sure they are the right 1s for your truck other then that i have no clue
Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
samguan

ORIGINAL: mrbonez

are they brand new bearings ? or used . try loosing them as stated and try looking to make sure the bearings are free and not locked up and make sure they are the right 1s for your truck other then that i have no clue
I loosened the screw up a bit and it seems to move freely now. They are brand new bearings for the Mini-T/DT. I could not move the wheels in and out so I'm assuming that it is tight enough.

The thing is that with the stock bushing, I could tightened it alot and it would still move.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
HJJFFFAA

That's because:
1. The bushings don't fit perfectly/aren't designed to so the wheels just spin around on top of the bushings and that's why tightening them down a lot had no effect.
2. With bearings the wheels need the bearings to move and putting too much torque on the nut will cause them to bind.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Gex_61

I can tighten the front wheel nuts on my Mini-T all the way down, the rear wheels are the ones that are 'touchy'. The threads on the front axles end before the nut reaches the bearings, leaving a little bit of slop. Mine have always been nice and smooth.

Are they Losi's bearings? That's what I have.
Are the bearings pressed into the wheel all the way? I use the nut driver to push them in. Sometimes it's a tight fit.
The only other thing I can think of is that the DT's front wheels might be wider. I've never heard of anyone having problems with them before though.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:26 PM
rotor head33

mine have alot of slop if you move the tire back and forth (toe in and out) idk why but heck the little bugger runs great
Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM
samguan

Im using the 3Racing bearings designed for the Mini-T. I installed the rear bearings and the same thing happened. It is way too tight. Could it be the bearing problem or the wheel screw or something else?