Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

dNaNo Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
MrNanoTrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dNaNo Racing

i figured i'd start a fresh thread on this subject since America is slowly catching on and winter is coming up, making indoor racing more appealing. i opened [link=http://www.nanotrax.net/store/]nanotrax r/c lounge & dnano shop[/link] cuz i love r/c but i don't like the cost & inconveniences of larger scales [:@]. here's a couple of my dNaNo on our F2L circuit. post'em if you got'em! ... what's special about dNaNo? each moving chassis has varying wheelbases, track widths and wheel diameters causing each model to have its own handling characteristics just like full size cars. they are collector's items AND high speed racers (have you tried one with an x-speed motor? INSANE [>:] ). they don't break (at least not on our circuits) so cost is limited only to the initial investment, tire & body replacements. so who's gonna be racing dNaNo this winter??

Old 11-24-2009, 09:41 PM
MrNanoTrax

Default RE: dNaNo Racing

figured i'd come by to share pics of the latest member of my collection, the [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-chassis-sets/32407ma-motul-autech-z-2007/]Nissan Fairlady Z GT500 Class with Motul Autech Z 2007 Auto Scale Body[/link] [>:]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73357.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1320117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48199.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1320118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79830.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1320119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82922.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1320120  
Old 11-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Kishon

Nice Cocaine Pinky
Old 11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
MrNanoTrax

ORIGINAL: Kishon

Nice Cocaine Pinky

uhhhhhh... thanks - i think. what's a cocaine pinky?
Old 12-20-2009, 06:27 PM
MrNanoTrax

bling'd out the Porsche 911 GT3 ... [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/combos/bling-bling-pack/]PN Racing Aluminum Wheels, X-Power Damper Kit with/LED + Light Kit[/link]

Name:	Sq48479.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1338477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73797.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1338478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12755.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1338479  
Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 PM
klaze

I don't live anywhere near a track and they cost like $600 so naww I won't be racing or purchasing one.

ORIGINAL: Kishon

Nice Cocaine Pinky
He could be a guitar player? :P
Old 12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
MrNanoTrax

where did you get 600USD from? i'd say max 450USD and that's with every hop-up and trick out part included ([link=http://www.nanotrax.net/store/]nanotrax[/link] membership NOT included ) ...its cheap compared to other scales (how much would a 1/8th or 1/10th buggy with all the option parts cost?). i feel ya about the track though... take a vacation to Pattaya, Thailand and join us for some club racing a couple times a year ... that's what most of our members do!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 PM
shon3550

Love the cars Qon and are those working headlights on the Nissan? I have purchased two Dnanos so far from my local Hobbytown. They still haven't gotten a race schedule together yet but made my own track and loving it. Turned my 8' by 16' slot car table into a track with out door carpet and handcrafted borders. The Porche doesn't seem to like the carpet to much. The back end bounces alot especially when turning. Had to put the stock rear suspension back on to settle it down. The MM chasis handles that surface a lot better than the RM chasis. Like you said, they handle differently. I will definitely stop by if I am ever in your neck of the woods.

Shon
Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 PM
MrNanoTrax

yes, the lights come in three different modes ([link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-option-parts/xp-led-light-kit/]XP-LED Light Kit[/link]). its cool that you have done a DIY track of your own... i think club racing & smaller groups of dnano on the local level will help this grow. the porsche 911 gt3 is a really precise car... it does have its disadvantages but you can reduce them with things like damper kits ([link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-option-parts/xp-ssg-dsp-kit-with-led/]XP-SSG[/link]), aluminum wheels ([link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-option-parts/dd6xx-double-6-aluminum-rims/]PN Racing - Double 6[/link]), good rear suspension plates ([link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-option-parts/dd101-carbon-t-plate-set/]PN Racing - DD101[/link]) and of course, a gyro ([link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-option-parts/xp-gyro-unit/]XP-Gyro[/link]) - assuming you're not already using one. i give tips, breakdowns and other info at [link=http://www.nanotrax.net/forum/]my forum[/link] and on [link=http://www.nanotrax.net/store/]my blog[/link]... i hope all that will help you enjoy dNaNo a little more. when you stop by the shop, don't forget to bring your cars for battle on [link=http://www.nanotrax.net/store/daily-activity/patchwork-for-2010/]Circuit F1R[/link]!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
shon3550

Thanks for the info Qon. Will definitely pick up a damper kit and light kit for both cars.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 AM
MrNanoTrax

just FYI, we've picked up a load of new, exclusive items that dnano fans might be interested in. no need to list them all here, just check out my latest update at [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net]the online shop[/link]. we're all waiting for the corvette to arrive and i'll post an update and review on [link=http://www.nanotrax.net/store/]the nanotrax blog[/link] when it has. any questions, please contact me by shoot a an e-mail to [email protected] - i usually reply within an hour or 2.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:26 PM
MrNanoTrax

i finally understood the 'cocaine pinky' comment... took a while but one of my customers said something similar and it clicked *LOL* ...things are a bit slow with dNano but it should start to pick up now that its been opened to multiple retailers in the states. anyone getting into them yet? we've got racing [link=http://www.nanotrax.net/store/]@ nanotrax[/link] every week so if you're in Pattaya, Thailand on a Sunday @ 4PM, stop by. i'm racing the Ferrari F40 now (pics included):

Name:	ay73622.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1405507   Click image for larger version

Name:	up48200.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1405508   Click image for larger version

Name:	ns43507.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1405509  
Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 PM
NUMB LOCK
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: MrNanoTrax
..things are a bit slow with dNano but it should start to pick up now that its been opened to multiple retailers in the states. anyone getting into them yet?
Hi Qon,

Been looking into these for awhile. They aren't easy to find. Do you know which retailers will be selling them in the states?

Thanks,

Bob I.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:24 PM
MrNanoTrax

there a few sites selling them online actually... we've been selling them [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net]@ the nanotrax online shop[/link] since august last year (lowest prices, free shipping on large orders). it will depend on demand for small hobby stores but its going to take time just as mini z took many years to gain a following. pn racing, atomic mods and htusa are currently the biggest US retailers selling them i believe.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Mike St.Clair

Awesome pics man!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:20 AM
MrNanoTrax

ORIGINAL: Mike St.Clair

Awesome pics man!
thanks... i'm sort of a shutter bug. you can see a load more [link=http://www.nanotrax.net/store/]@ the nanotrax blog[/link]. so nobody @ RCU has picked up a dNano yet?? [:-]
Old 06-12-2010, 08:23 PM
MrNanoTrax

this is the Lamborghini Reventon Shell for dNano (fits Murcielago LP640 Chassis). its limited edition and only available @ [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net]NanoTrax OnLine dNano Shop[/link].

Name:	Nk27869.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	1452215  
Old 07-26-2010, 12:24 PM
MrNanoTrax

we've been busy with a lot of custom stuff over [link=http://nanotrax.net/store]@ nanotrax, pattaya thailand[/link] and many new items have arrived which we're all enjoying while keeping the racing going. stop by [link=http://nanotrax.net/forum/]the forum[/link] to share your customs and racing tips. here's a few pics to contribute to their RCU dnano thread.

Name:	Lj22788.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1473717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19800.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1473718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb77065.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1473719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt52859.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1473720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz31136.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1473721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bs14187.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1473722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kn99897.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1473723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fe13323.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1473724  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay45640.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1473725  
Old 07-26-2010, 12:35 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a dnano track in the hobbytown usa down the street. I find it rather boring and pretty damn expensive for what you are actually getting. It was actually cheaper for me to get started with a 1/10th scale pan car...
Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 PM
MrNanoTrax

ORIGINAL: proanti1
It was actually cheaper for me to get started with a 1/10th scale pan car...
i've covered this issue extensively @ RCT... startup costs for dnano are high, maintenance costs are EXTREMELY low. larger scale R/C's cost isn't at the beginning, its after you get started and things start breaking where you'll spend all your money. dnano startup costs are high but it doesn't break and the convenience factor is another plus. think outside the box, you'll see the advantages or just check out my posts @ RCT.

repost of RCT reply:

i think dNano isn't growing in the states because there's no one there building 'value' in it. everyone thinks 'its a tiny mini z' while its much more than that. kyosho japan isn't making a real effort to promote dNano in the states as -i believe- they think customers in the US are somewhat narrow-minded and won't appreciate the concept. i believe otherwise because i have customers in the states who DO recognize that its a special kind of R/C that has a long future due to its unique design, conveniences and cost effectiveness.

everyone complains about how expensive it is from the start and yes - comparatively - its expensive AT THE BEGINNING. if you're into this hobby long term, dnano is a bargain as its maintenance costs are tremendously lower than every other scale on the market. anyone who's been in R/C for a while knows maintenance and 'after the sale' costs (i.e. replacement parts, upgrades, necessary accesories) are where the real $$$ is spent. i don't want to get into an in-depth investment comparison at the moment cuz its 12:31am and we had a long club race day here @ nanotrax BUT our club members are mostly beginners and they're averaging ~40USD each PER MONTH, ~480USD per year maintaining their dnano hobby after buying all available option parts & many of them have more than 1 car. these guys come into the shop and race at least once a week, most stop in for practice 2 or 3 days of the week. there's minimal or no breakage, even bodies don't crack much and tires wear at most around 2 sets a month.

let's not forget about the convenience of indoor racing in a relatively small, air-conditioned area. anything beyond 1/28th and you're going outside, unless you've got a small gymnasium to work with for your track area. there's no bad time of year to race or practice and no need for a 'season' that ends when conditions aren't favorable.

another cool thing that people just being introduced don't really appreciate is each car, right out of the box, is unique and handles differently from another in the product line. just about any car can perform well with the right option parts in the right hands but this lends itself to 'micro classes' like "Porsche Challenges" or "GT Racing Series" where only certain cars can participate which furthers leads to collecting more than one, giving the micro hobby multiple facets outside of just normal r/c racing models. these are small nuances that make the 'dnano experience' unique but try 'selling' that to the average 'basher' or 1/8th scale nitro junkie.

its hard to get people to change or even consider new concepts but with time and even the small group of fans that exist today, dnano will grow. perhaps there'll be other companies that produce competitive alternative models? maybe folks will have to find ways to cut costs due to the economy? high maintenance hobbies will force r/c freaks into micro to nurse their addiction (that's me, btw... no way i'm going back to larger scales, i'm saving too much money and still feed my r/c racing habit daily).

i'd like to see people posting ideas on how to expand things? what can i do as one of the leading voices in 1/43rd scale racing to get more people involved? more youtube vids? more breakdown posts, more specials & limited editions? the feedback i get is minimal, so the vacuum needs to be changed to a landslide of current fans who actually speak up. please don't say 'make this cheaper and that cheaper' when larger scales are just as expensive if not more, they're just larger and bigger doesn't always mean 'better' or 'more valuable'. if you appreciate it, participate in forums, get involved and find people who are where you are... that's how Mini Z grew, and dNano needs YOU to grow in the same way.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 AM
proanti1

Ok, we are comparing a dnano car, to its scale counterpart... which would be a pan car. Nothing breaks on a pan car and the tires last forever... I have still spent more on my dnano car than I have on the pan car I have had for 10 years.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:10 AM
MrNanoTrax

i've never raced pan cars.... perhaps you drive it for pleasure (not competitively)? i don't know... my point is, the claim that its 'too expensive' doesn't make sense as other scales have higher costs but on the backend, not the front. additionally, micro technology is more expensive to produce, that is evident in all 'micro' products so the cost of it shouldn't be a surprising thing. (i.e. the smaller the gadget, the more expensive to produce it becomes).

i've been racing dnano actively for a year + and i personally prefer it... what each r/c hobbyist chooses is a personal choice and for those who appreciate dnano as much as we do @ nanotrax, we hope to see it grow. for those who can't afford it, perhaps one day you will and we look forward to welcoming you to the club! cheers...
Old 07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
proanti1

That was a borderline personal attack. Its not so much a matter of not being able to afford it, its a matter of blind spending. You are aware that advertising for your track is against RCU guidelines right?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM
MrNanoTrax

personal attack? by definition, 'expensive' is a subjective term..... to YOU its expensive, to me and many others, its not... what you feel is 'blind spending' to me is not so. my participation in this forum is because of my interest in promoting interest in dnano racing (note the thread title). my contributions don't seem to be against any guidelines but if you feel my participation is an intrusion or you believe you alone are the one who decides who and who is not welcome here, please report the thread to a moderator and i'm sure they'll decide objectively. cheers!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
maxxin2.5

i wanna see one w/o the lid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.