Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Round motor shaft will pinion slip?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Nesal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round motor shaft will pinion slip?

I just installed a new motor on my RC18T and the shaft is round, the stock motor has a shaft that has been ground down on one side for the pinion to grip. Will the round shaft on the new motor make the pinion slip?
Thanks guys
Old 10-30-2009, 11:29 AM
mini-dude

Default RE: Round motor shaft will pinion slip?

I'm guessing your "new" motor is Brushless???

Several of the mini-sized BLmotor manufacturers do manufacturer their motor shafts completely round, because they've found the small shaft diamater it hurts the balance of the motor by flat-siding them, even going as far as saying you can void the warranty if you put a flat spot on the shaft.

But to answer your question....NO, it will not slip (as long as you tighten it properly - though you should check it, as with any bolt/screw on your truck, from time to time to make sure it's tight.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:19 AM
Nesal

Default RE: Round motor shaft will pinion slip?

Its a Brushed Venom Motor, thanks!!