1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mods for detta buggy?

Old 11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Minkis815

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default mods for detta buggy?

so im an 1/8th scale racer and wondering what a good set of tires would be for something this small? i run holeshot's from proline on my big buggies but are the stock tires ok? or should i look into other tires? and sway bar kit, does it make a difference? ima run the car totally stock other than that probably changing the motor over to the VR3 and thats it. (And obviously a 2.4ghz spread spectrum radio like all of my other cars) im looking into racing the box stock class. They allow tire's, sway bar, and upgrade to the VR3 cause the ST races in the same class.

If you souly bash please dont post in this thread.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Snipin_Willy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: mods for detta buggy?

For racing stock, VR3 and advance the timing. It'll kill the motor faster, but you'll gain some power out of it. I like the difference it made in my ST when I added sway bars and they upgrade isn't that expensive.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:32 AM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

too bad they dont make the crimefighters for the half8th anymore... they worked great for the lil bugger
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 AM
MINI-RACER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Minkis815

so im an 1/8th scale racer and wondering what a good set of tires would be for something this small? i run holeshot's from proline on my big buggies but are the stock tires ok? or should i look into other tires? and sway bar kit, does it make a difference? ima run the car totally stock other than that probably changing the motor over to the VR3 and thats it. (And obviously a 2.4ghz spread spectrum radio like all of my other cars) im looking into racing the box stock class. They allow tire's, sway bar, and upgrade to the VR3 cause the ST races in the same class.

If you souly bash please dont post in this thread.
1- better ESC, if you're not going brushless look into a Novak XRS as a reliable/inexpensive option

2- PBS front suspension conversion kit

3- allow shock kit

4- foam tires if you're not running dirt, otherwise your options are few

5- sway bar kit (s) - front kit adds more rear traction, rear adds more steering (I know it sounds opposite, but that's how it works)

6- have fun
Old 11-18-2009, 05:25 PM
calvino

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

too bad they dont make the crimefighters for the half8th anymore... they worked great for the lil bugger
I have a pair waiting to be used.... still can find them (i think) on Tower and The Toyz if you look [8D]