Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

installing hit 55 servo

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
katzcratch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing hit 55 servo

Iam tryin to install the hit 55 servo into the mini t. Icant get the servo to sit right in the slot.. and the the mount pins dont line up..
anyone us this servo before? there is a conversion kit you have to put on first, and man the spring was hard to get clamped..
apparently this is the servo needed if you want to upgrade because the orig is a 4 wire.....
any thoughts would be cool
Old 11-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Allistair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: installing hit 55 servo

Were you able to use the stock servo saver?
Not sure if I'll need to buy a new one or if I can use the stock with mine.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
MINI-RACER

ORIGINAL: katzcratch

Iam tryin to install the hit 55 servo into the mini t. Icant get the servo to sit right in the slot.. and the the mount pins dont line up..
anyone us this servo before? there is a conversion kit you have to put on first, and man the spring was hard to get clamped..
apparently this is the servo needed if you want to upgrade because the orig is a 4 wire.....
since the HS-55 was not designed specifically to fit a Mini-T, like anything, you will have to do some slight modding to make it fit (perfect).
take a file or hobby knife to the slots for the servomount pins, till you get it in a happy spot.

what "spring" are you talking about?
the servo saver spring? (yes, they have some tension to them) ~ you did get the hitec-servo specific servosaver, right?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:09 PM
mrbonez

the hs55 will need a different servo saver from the stock losi servo like this 1 http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/T...55__12652.aspx
Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
mrbonez

I am tryin to install the hit 55 servo into the mini t. I cant get the servo to sit right in the slot.. and the the mount pins dont line up..
you might try leaving those little ears loose and cheating the pins in make sure the thicker side of the pins are sticking up and in the servo hold down is that makes sense not sure about the conversion kit
Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM
katzcratch

The conversion kit I was referring to was the two arms that fit together. the htect comes with a helicopter looking "x" on it.
The kit has a spring, a washer that snaps over the spring and keeps the two black arm pieces together.
The item in the link is the "kit" I installed

I just was not able to get the darn thing to fit into the mount. there was something about making the holes in the ears biggger?

Old 11-20-2009, 05:00 PM
katzcratch

has anyone cut the holding tray for the servo to make it longer.. then used the servosaver from the mini dt?
That one is just a little too long.
Y didnt they just make a 3 wire servo exactly the same as the the stock 4? What did they want people to do when they upgraded? they don teven have a part to fit.. this is really a bummer..and its raining!!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
mrbonez

it should fit i have alittle trouble getting them in there but they will fit. just leave the little screws loose that hold the black ears to the servo and angle the ears alittle bit and that should doit mine never fit right on the bottom i just make sure the top pins are in the holes in the servo hold down .
Old 11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
katzcratch

ok cool...did you have to move the holes that the black ears fit?
If not I guess you just tilted them in? There is only 1 screw to hold each ear on mine..I imagine that is the same.
Strange losi never made "good" fitting one with 3 wires...
thanks will try tonight..again
Old 11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
mrbonez

i never moved the holes. but your right they do not fit the way you would think . was hoping you would get some better advice i usually forget something . anyway have fun with it and take your time
Old 11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
katzcratch

WEll if you got it to work, then it definitely is doable
I had hard time with that spring on the servo arm as well.. I am still new to this
Old 11-20-2009, 07:39 PM
MINI-RACER

ORIGINAL: mrbonez

i never moved the holes. but your right they do not fit the way you would think . was hoping you would get some better advice i usually forget something . anyway have fun with it and take your time
thehitec servos are wider, and thus at least one of the holes (in the chassis, and the servo hold-down) needs to be modded so things "fit"
Old 11-20-2009, 07:43 PM
MINI-RACER

If not I guess you just tilted them in? There is only 1 screw to hold each ear on mine..I imagine that is the same.
Strange losi never made "good" fitting one with 3 wires...
All I have had to do is modify one of the holes in the chassis, just slot it a little. One screw on each ear should be OK. I also use servo take under mine to help secure it a little more solid.

Losi isn't in the "servo business" - whereas HiTec, and others, make higher quality aftermarket servos.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:11 AM
studysession

I use the HS55 Hitec servo in my Mini-T. The only thing I had to do differently is also change the servo saver. Everything else was a direct fit.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:12 PM
mrbonez

ORIGINAL: MINI-RACER

Strange losi never made ''good'' fitting one with 3 wires...
All I have had to do is modify one of the holes in the chassis, just slot it a little. One screw on each ear should be OK. I also use servo take under mine to help secure it a little more solid.

Losi isn't in the ''servo business'' - whereas HiTec, and others, make higher quality aftermarket servos.
finally some 1 with a clue mini racer for some reason i couldn't see your post's so you just slot the hole ? makes sense i just assumed the 55 was a direct fit with a touch of slop
Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
studysession

for some reason i couldn't see your post's
It's because he is on moderated status. Because of his behavior on the site.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:10 PM
mrbonez

ORIGINAL: studysession

for some reason i couldn't see your post's
It's because he is on moderated status. Because of his behavior on the site.
ohhhhhh i see katzcratch did you get the servo in ?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:39 PM
katzcratch

YEs!! I did get it in.. I hope I dont have to take it out! Thanks
I loosened the ears and just cheated it into place.  had some trouble getting things to line up at neutral so I made the camber are longer? it  seems to have worked.
I had only driven the dt before this... The desert seems to  be smoother rider.. do yuo agree?  I changed out the bushings on the mini t.
Are there better wheels? I guess I need the mip dif and the cvs's.. It seems there is allot of movement in the rear wheels. Dont know how to describe it but they dont seem to rotate as effencfietnly as the dt
Of course 10in after getting it running the pin gear popped off, then I couldnt set the motor to the correct tightness. It was messing way to tight..
I knew it didnt sound as "clean"
Another project but atleast the servo is funtctioning.. thanks..next time I will mod the chasis hole.