Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro led light questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
melinkoly_kat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro led light questions

I made a post last month about getting my husband a micro truck for Xmas, and got some help, so I'm hoping you guys can help me again. One of the hop-ups I was planning on getting him was the led light kit http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1604 but everywhere is outta stock or doesn't carry them. It says everything needed is included. I am already buying the Atomic BB motor II from thetoyz.com, and they sell led lights, but I'm not sure if everything is included. I do know I'll have to buy a white set and a red set, but other than that, I'm at a loss. I've no idea if I need to buy wires or connectors or what. Could some1 check out the page, http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...0BAJA,%20%20DT and tell me what else, if anything, I need to buy so my husband can put lights on his Xmas gift.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:26 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Micro led light questions

Both links don't work...but if places are out of stock then it's most likely that there are quite a few other that are in your position and want to purchase the stuff for the holidays. IIRC, you are purchasing the micro HighRoller, right?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:41 PM
The Mad Modder

I would check Stormer Hobbies. A lot of people overlook them, so they don't sell out of things as much.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 AM
cool-joe

I found you one - so order it today -a lot of people overlook the Losi/AE PartsHouse www.losipartshouse.com
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...D-Light/Detail

The problem with items such as lights, is that they're low salesvolume doo-dads - but they sell a lot this time of year.

Don't get the ones like you've located at thetoyz, because they operate off a seperate 9v battery which is a pain and heavy andwould add topweight to his little truck that doesn't have the room to spare
Old 12-12-2009, 03:13 PM
melinkoly_kat

Ifound one at stormerhobbies.com and already ordered it. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:09 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

wanna add a set to my MHR soon
Old 12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
melinkoly_kat

Hubby put it on his truck, and it looks awesome! It was super easy to install, just took a couple minutes and a small screwdriver to poke holes for the bulbs in the body. I'd really recommend getting a set to any micro owner!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:55 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

So how does your guy like his new toy?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:26 AM
melinkoly_kat

He loves it!!! I was able to get him the oil filled threaded shocks, the bbII motor, the led light kit, a display stand, a lipo battery/peak charger set, and the truck itself. I really apreciate all the help Igot from you guys! He's played with it every day, took it to his parents to show it off to his brothers, made some ramps outta cardboard, and has tinkered with it a ton. Not to mention our 2yo son is constantly asking about "Dada's vroom-vroom", and is running around the house saying "Dada's vroom-vroom back home", translated means "We'll play with Dada's new truck when he gets home from work, right?". Imust say it sure beats the last few years gifts by along shot. Not Ijust have to figure out how to top it next year

Again, thanks for all the help!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:01 AM
PrjctStrtFrce

Just get him the 1/10 scale HighRoller next year!