Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Losi Desert Truck replacement servo???

Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
1of1547

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Desert Truck replacement servo???

My son and I took our Team Losi Desert trucks to the local indoor track today. By the end of the day among other things I blew the front servo. The hobby shop sold me a metal geared HS-82MGas a "drop in" replacement. Well the good news is the servo saver fit. But the bad news is that it is bigger than the stock and only has one hole on each end. The stock one has two holes on the side. I've done a search and everyone recommends the HS-55 with a Losi servo saver. Most of the threads also sat that they are four wire. Mine is a three wire. Is that a Mini-T to Desert Truck change? Also how can the HS-55 be a direct drop in when it only has one hole on the side and the factory has two? Will the stock servo saver work on the 55 since it fit the 82?
Thanks,

Old 01-25-2010, 08:12 PM
mrbonez

Default RE: Losi Desert Truck replacement servo???

not sure but i think the stock servo saver will not fit on the hs 55 and the 4 wire servo came on the mini t which is a little different then your dt . i thought the HS82 would be a direct drop in but never tried it. i can tell you that the hs82 mg servo is a servo then the stock servo or the hs55
Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
1of1547

Here they are side by side. I don't think that they will interchange using factory unmodified parts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69095.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1364569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70888.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	1364570  
Old 01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
mrbonez

i see your speed bump that will not fit maybe you should grab an hs 55 but make sure you get the servo saver just in case.
does your lhs carry the 55 ? im still not 100% positive that the 55 will fit right but i have read people using the 55 in a desert truck . i was hoping that some1 with a dt like yours would post
Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 PM
rcslsafut

ya i was just lookin at them on the hitec website.
the hs 82 mg and the hs 85 are bigger in size than the hs55!
i know some poeple customize thier truck to receive these bigger servos.
i have seen them just double side tape the servo in to thier truck's

Old 01-27-2010, 10:21 AM
1of1547

It looks like the servo saver comes with new mounts. From Losi's website:

Team Losi now offers a servo saver to allow the use of Hitec and similar micro servos in their popular 1/18 scale Mini-T race truck. The LOSB1226 is a direct replacement servo saver and includes new servo mounts to fit the Hitec HS55 micro servo. This allows enthusiasts to use aftermarket radios, speed controls and are available for Airtronics and JR servos.

Thanks for the help guys. I was hoping for some real world experience. But I guess it is not as common as I thought!!! I don't want to reinvent the wheel with DTs. I'm trying to maintain the KISS system. I've been known to go overboard, so stock is good!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
1of1547

Just an update, I ended up getting a Hitec HS-5055MG and LOSB1226 servo saver. The splines on the Hitec servo are smaller than the stock servos. The servo saver kit includes the servo saver and mounts. The one hole on the Hitec servo needs to be elongated and both ends needed to be shaved a little bit to fit into the chassis. It snowed today so I couldn't try iy out yet. But bench testing looked good.