Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

What other motors can I use with a Mamba Micro Pro

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

What other motors can I use with a Mamba Micro Pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
a2j812

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What other motors can I use with a Mamba Micro Pro

I couldn't seem to find an answer to this question after searching t his forum so I'm posting a new thread. Sorry if this is a duplicate.
I recieved a Mamba Micro Pro with the 8000KV motor as a Christmas gift. I'm using a MaxAmps 1550Mah 3S Lipo.
The first time I used it, the shaft of the motor snapped before hte car went 6 inches. And no... I'm NOT exaggerating. I'm chalking it up to a defect in the metal.
After much fiasco with the postal service, Castle did get me a new motor right away. I put it in my RC18T and got about 15 minutes of driving out of it when the shaft managed to slide out of the can! So for hte second time in a month, I'm sending the motor back. I'm a little frustrated at the situation, and I'm hoping this was just my bad luck, and not a commentary on the quality of Castles motor. When it was running, it was nothing short of AWESOME!
But I would like to have a backup motor and was thinking about getting a brushless motor from ebay. What do you all think about this motor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6800-KV-Brus...item2304db014e

I just want something I can use while my Castle is in the shop. Can I run this in the Mamba Micro Pro without destroying the ESC?
And has anybody else had these problems with castle products?
I'm thinking about going to a Reedy the next time. Any thoughts?
Old 01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
ludeman

Default RE: What other motors can I use with a Mamba Micro Pro

Yes you could run that no problem
Old 01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

From my experiences you can run pretty much any BL motor with that ESC. AS long as the ESC has something to send the power to (motor) it will work just fine. just understand that all motor are NOT created equel.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 PM
a2j812

I am well aware that not all motors are created equally. In fact, I was a little leery about that motor, so I decided to pass on it. I think I may pick up a reedy instead. I'd just like a reliable backup if I have to send in the Castle every time I use it.
Thanks for the info though, I really appreciate it.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:14 AM
burnineyes

What are you running this in? The Micro Pro will run any motor up to about 40 amps safely. Most motors up to about 28mm diameter would be fine. Any 20mm motor would fit this.
Strange you have broken the shafts on your motors. I have heard of that before but its not very common. The new 26mm motors from Castle use a much larger shaft size. They are limited for gearing in some applications, but they are very tough and powerful.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:13 PM
a2j812

I'm using it in my RC18T, and I'm running the 8000KV Castle motor, or CM2080.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:48 PM
mrbonez

check into this motor buy castle http://www.castlecreations.com/produ..._pro-cm26.html i dont think you will break the shaft on it but like stated your gearing will be limited due to the 1/10 scale pinions gears and space