Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

TEAM ASSOCIATED SC18 1/18!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 PM
R/CFAN29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEAM ASSOCIATED SC18 1/18!!!!

Hello to all you R/C short course fans out there!! I wanted to start this forum STRICTLYabout the new soon to come out TEAMASSOCIATEDSC18!!!! Iam a huge fan of short course racing. I currently run the 1/8th version of the associatedSC 1/8th (nitro) A.K.A. "KMC" which is a blast! Buddy of mine has the same truckandhe used to run nitro but quickly went to the electricconversion once CASTLECREATIONScame out with their MAMBAMAXstuffwhich run's circle's around me. With that said.....I was highly considering transforming over to electric and fiqured it would cost me another $600 bucks!!! YIKES! but then low n behold found out that sc18 is coming out and I was sold!!! Ialready fiqured out what I'm gonna try to make this little squeaker haul azz!!! I decided to go with the MAMBA MICROPRO 6800kv with the MAXAMPS2200 2s 7.4v lipo pack. The gearing im not so sure of just yet...Iwill run it stock and see how she runs. Although I've heard from people running their rc18t's with 12/60 gearing which they seem to like. But anyway's just wanted to post this and see If anyone out there is following the SC18 in the near future and hope to exhange thought's or comments. Remember it's all fun n games until it's broke then you gotta pay more to play!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
R/CFAN29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TEAM ASSOCIATED SC18 1/18!!!!

Any suggestions on gearing the sc18? Going to run the mamba micro pro 6800kv with maxamp 2s 2200 mah 7.4v lipo. Castle's gearing recommendations for the 6800 motor is...pinion=smaller than stock, spur=largest available. but guess have to wait until i lay my eyes on it to see the numbers and go from there. Anyone out there familiar with this stuff? what spur's and pinions that will fit this motor? So that i can have somewhat of an idea to start looking. Thanks!